PDA

View Full Version : Can Agnihotra prevent the effect of nuclear radiation?

dhyandev
12 August 2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/userfiles/image/spiritualresearch/spiritualhealing/agnihotra/Landing-Agnihorta-and-Nuclear-radiation.gif

In many articles on the Internet, the ritual of Agnihotra has been promoted as a simple ritual that helps to minimise the adverse impact of nuclear radiation. The statement peaked our interest, because for modern science this is a fantastic proposition: that a simple ritual done at sunrise and sunset along with the recitation of a mantra can actually quell the harmful effects of nuclear fallout. This ritual also becomes especially relevant with some other information we have received through spiritual research about the coming times.

Most people do not know that there are measures that can be taken at a spiritual level, along with efforts at a psychological and physical level to defend oneself against a nuclear attack. This article expands on the measures we can take at a spiritual level to protect ourselves from the effects of a nuclear attack and for the prevention of it occurring.
READ WHOLE ARTICLE HERE
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/spiritualhealing/agnihotra

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/userfiles/image/spiritualresearch/spiritualhealing/agnihotra/Subtle-pic-Agnihotra-Nuclear-radiation.jpg
When a nuclear device is detonated, it gives rise to raja-tama predominant vibrations of the Absolute Cosmic Fire element. Discordant subtle sounds accompany these frequencies. These subtle sounds have a subtle harmful effect on the mind and intellect of the people in the vicinity of the nuclear attack. It can range from depression, to negative thoughts, to fogging up of the intellect.

When the ritual of Agnihotra is performed, it gives rise to sattva predominant vibrations of the Absolute Cosmic Fire element. The fire created from Agnihotra disintegrates the raja-tama particles and therefore purifies the environment at a spiritual level. It also creates a subtle protective sheath around the person performing the ritual. This sheath is highly sensitive to anything related to the Absolute Cosmic Fire element and from the subtle dimension this sheath looks reddish.
The raja-tama predominant Absolute Cosmic Fire particles (emanating from a nuclear device detonating) strike in a very harsh and callous manner. The protective sheath intuitively knows in advance when they are coming near it and as a reflex action it sends the Absolute Cosmic Fire frequencies from within it towards the raja-tama predominant particles with tremendous force. This destroys the raja-tama predominant Absolute Cosmic Fire particles which give rise to the sound frequencies. As a result, the destructive Absolute Cosmic Fire from the detonated nuclear device loses its power.

dhyandev
12 August 2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritualresearch/spiritualscience/spirituallevel_saints/images/Spiritual-Level-March06.gif

With increase in one’s spiritual level, one’s attitude and perspective to life changes dramatically. For example, a person at 30% spiritual level may find it very difficult to find time in his busy schedule to attend even one spiritual discourse. The same person having the same worldly commitments, after attaining the 40% spiritual level will easily find time on a regular basis to attend spiritual discourses and regularly study spiritual texts.

A person at a certain spiritual level, e.g. 30% spiritual level can only relate to a person within a few percentage points from him. For example it is very difficult for a person at the 30% spiritual level to relate to a person at the 40% spiritual level and vice versa.

By the use of the intellect, it is somewhat possible to estimate that another person is slightly ahead of one spiritually; however the estimation would at best be vague.

By use of the intellect it is impossible to identify whether a person is a Saint.
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritual-level

sanjaya
12 August 2012, 06:24 PM
No offense intended, but I think that when a nuclear bomb is detonated it gives rise to intense x-rays which cause immediate death, followed by the production of long half-life radio isotopes distributed around the blast site, resulting in in harmful long-term exposure. I'd never discourage anyone from doing a puja, but I don't see any reason why the specific mechanism you've proposed for protection from these would ever work. I think that seeking the safety of a radiation shelter would be more helpful than performing Agnihotra. Once you're safely away from the blast site, I think the Agnihotra would be more appropriate.

Shuddhasattva
13 August 2012, 12:49 AM
Namaste

I'm sorry, but I feel the need to speak bluntly on this topic:

This is not science. This is not even "research." I see nothing scientific here whatsoever.

The dharma stands to benefit not at all from such conflations and kitschy graphs where percentiles are glibly used to give the impression of quantitative analysis. Such will only discredit the dharma in the minds of those who are not educated in it - which is most people now.

Yes, we certainly do need scientific investigation - but this is not it, and this rather makes an inadvertent mockery of both science and the dharma.

Twilightdance
13 August 2012, 02:03 AM
Namaste

This is not science. This is not even "research." I see nothing scientific here whatsoever.

The dharma stands to benefit not at all from such conflations and kitschy graphs where percentiles are glibly used to give the impression of quantitative analysis. Such will only discredit the dharma in the minds of those who are not educated in it - which is most people now.

Yes, we certainly do need scientific investigation - but this is not it, and this rather makes an inadvertent mockery of both science and the dharma.

+1

... and the disguise is much worse than what christian creationists can prepare to claim their creationist theories as science.

dhyandev
13 August 2012, 07:58 AM
what I posted was excerpts of 2 paragraphs
this is not the complete article read everything herehttp://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/spiritualresearch/spiritualhealing/agnihotra

dhyandev
13 August 2012, 08:01 AM
No offense intended, but I think that when a nuclear bomb is detonated it gives rise to intense x-rays which cause immediate death, followed by the production of long half-life radio isotopes distributed around the blast site, resulting in in harmful long-term exposure. I'd never discourage anyone from doing a puja, but I don't see any reason why the specific mechanism you've proposed for protection from these would ever work. I think that seeking the safety of a radiation shelter would be more helpful than performing Agnihotra. Once you're safely away from the blast site, I think the Agnihotra would be more appropriate.

Sanjaya=This is for you

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/userfiles/image/spiritualresearch/spiritualhealing/agnihotra/Nuclear-radiation-and-Agnihotra.jpg

dhyandev
13 August 2012, 08:04 AM
Namaste

The Blast: Much of the damage (approx 50%) inflicted by a nuclear explosion is the result of its shock wave. The blast wave pressure deposits energy in the material it passes through, including air. When the blast wave passes through solid material, the energy left behind causes damage.

Level of protection within the blast radius gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 0%

The Thermal Radiation: Along with the blast approximately 30-50% of the energy of the destruction is due to thermal radiation. Even if one is many miles away from the blast, one is able to view a bright flash created by the exploding bomb. In addition to being intensely bright, this radiation is intensely hot (hence the name “thermal”). At 7 km away from the source of the blast one will experience third degree burns. Third degree burns cause tissue death all the way through the skin, including the stem cells required to regenerate skin tissue. A third degree burn over 25% of the body (or more) will typically precipitate shock in minutes that would require prompt medical attention.

Level of protection gained by a person who performs Agnihotra within the thermal radiation radius : 30%

The Ionizing Radiation: A nuclear detonation creates several forms of nuclear or ionizing radiation. The nuclear fission (atom splitting) and nuclear fusion (atom combining) that occur to produce the explosion release, either directly or indirectly, neutrons, gamma rays, beta particles, and alpha particles. (In the case of a 1 megaton explosion the effect of ionizing radiation (measured at 500 rems) is estimated to be 3.1 km from ground zero.)

Neutrons are heavy particles that are released from atoms’ nuclei. These tiny “missiles” can easily penetrate solid objects.

Another penetrating form of radiation is gamma rays, which are energetic photons. Both of these types of radiation can be deadly.

Beta and alpha particles are less dangerous, having ranges of several meters and several centimetres, respectively.

Alpha particles can cause harm only if they are ingested.

Level of protection within the radius of ionization radiation gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 0%

Fallout: One of the effects of nuclear weapons detonated on or near the Earth’s surface is the resulting radioactive fallout. Immediately after the detonation, a great deal of earth and debris, made radioactive by the blast, is carried high into the atmosphere forming a mushroom cloud. The material drifts downwind and gradually falls back to earth, contaminating thousands of square miles. The larger the explosion, the higher and faster the fallout is lofted, and the smaller the proportion that is deposited in the lower atmosphere. This fallout can continue to impact residents in the area and far off areas for many years.

Level of protection within fallout radius gained by a person who performs Agnihotra : 50%

Now you see something scientific?

Eastern Mind
13 August 2012, 08:29 AM
Vannakkam: If you don't believe that pujas, etc. can help in some way, why do them? So there is a middle ground, recognizing that some of the claims put out by 'science' are exaggerations, and also a recognition that pujas, purification rituals, and the like really do help, just not to the extent, or in the ways some might think.

Aum Namasivaya

Shuddhasattva
13 August 2012, 08:30 AM
Now you see something scientific?

No. Claims couched in what the author imagines to be scientific language does not science make.

Shuddhasattva
13 August 2012, 08:34 AM
Vannakkam: If you don't believe that pujas, etc. can help in some way, why do them? So there is a middle ground, recognizing that some of the claims put out by 'science' are exaggerations, and also a recognition that pujas, purification rituals, and the like really do help, just not to the extent, or in the ways some might think.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste

I don't see the need for a 'middle ground here.' Science is self-correcting by nature, and almost always errs on the side of conservative judgments rather than exaggerations. The business end of technology may exaggerate itself, but not science.

As a Hindu, I ardently believe in the efficacy of all spiritual practice, and I am not adverse to the idea that spiritual practice, including such rituals, has an effect on the objective environment.

My problem is conflating claims with science. I do think that this should be studied, but it needs actual science - real studies.

Eastern Mind
13 August 2012, 08:48 AM
My problem is conflating claims with science. I do think that this should be studied, but it needs actual science - real studies.

Vannakkam: As you well know, some scientists truly believe that all religion is superstition. So most likely your 'real' scientists would conclude that this is bogus, just as they have discounted astrology, herbalogy, and many other common Hindu practices as mere superstition, and besides, do it in a condescending, "We're smarter than you" way. They'll deny the existence of the Self, of God, of shakti, of any life-transforming miracles, etc.

So I beg to differ. I'm not saying I agree with the pseudo-science presented here. But of course I could be totally wrong. Maybe I am just an ignorant old superstitious fool.:)

Aum Namasivaya

Twilightdance
13 August 2012, 09:52 AM
Vannakkam: If you don't believe that pujas, etc. can help in some way, why do them?

One is free to believe anything. It is one thing to say "rituals help in some way" and another thing set out to precisely map out all the "science" of it using arbitrary percentage's and diagrams.

It becomes a significant embarrassment for an entire community [not a problem but embarrassment].

As someone has said it becomes mockery of both science and religion. If someone finds these useful to establish the efficacy of religion to themselves, its fine. Just don't call it science in any sense of the term.

Twilightdance
13 August 2012, 10:01 AM
Vannakkam: As you well know, some scientists truly believe that all religion is superstition. So most likely your 'real' scientists would conclude that this is bogus, just as they have discounted astrology, herbalogy, and many other common Hindu practices as mere superstition, and besides, do it in a condescending, "We're smarter than you" way. They'll deny the existence of the Self, of God, of shakti, of any life-transforming miracles, etc.

So I beg to differ. I'm not saying I agree with the pseudo-science presented here. But of course I could be totally wrong. Maybe I am just an ignorant old superstitious fool.:)

Aum Namasivaya

Just "because they don't believe me, I don't believe them" may be an acceptable way to live one's life, many people in parts of america still believe that creation is a few thousand years old, evolution is bogus, man and dinosaurs lived together in recent past etc etc - but it is not an argument to be put forward if you really want to establish a scientific basis of things or want general acceptance of arbitrary explanations as science. As I said, one can free to believe, use and apply anything they seem fit.

Sahasranama
13 August 2012, 10:23 AM
This type of pseudo science is what results of neo-vedic reinterpretations. It comes from the Arya Samajis who don't do agnihotra to bring oblations, but because the samagri and ghee purifies the air. ;)

Pundit Madhavacharya Shashtri has criticised this stupidity decades ago in one of his two volume books "kyo?" (why?).

Eastern Mind
13 August 2012, 11:00 AM
It becomes a significant embarrassment for an entire community [not a problem but embarrassment].

Vannakkam TD: Really? I find that curious. I would have thought most people would just put it in one ear and out the other, without any serious consideration given. But you're in Bangalore, and I'm not. Does this sort of stuff actually make the press there, enough to embarrass the whole community? Or is just out on some fringe area? Its certainly the first time I've heard it over here (Canada), and I don't think the mainstream media would ever give it the light of day.

Aum Namasivaya

Shuddhasattva
13 August 2012, 10:49 PM

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste

That isn't science though; science is a method of inquiry which generates emergent knowledge, which is continuously refining itself.

Yes, some scientists take it upon themselves to push atheism - but that isn't representative of science itself. Yes, atheistic attitudes - sometimes aggressive ones - are often part and parcel of an education in science, but this is a corollary, not science itself, and something that can be corrected.

Most of the greatest scientists were panentheists/monists, and many of them admirers of Hindu philosophy.

dhyandev
14 August 2012, 12:22 AM
Most of the greatest scientists were panentheists/monists, and many of them admirers of Hindu philosophy.

This is what is called Newtonian or to be exact ,western science.And the great scientist you are quoting are all western scientists .what does a modern scientist do.
1. think 2. give hypothesis 3.do trials4. see if trials are agreeing to hypothesis 5.Publish the theory 6.get nobel prize

Vedic scientists were Rishis-Munis,All the did was meditate & all the mysteries unfolded before there intellect.And no one has ever been able to disprove them.So called 'modern ' science is slowly accepting what the rishis did hundreds if thousand years ago.

Also,SPiritual matters are sookshma (subtle) whereas the scientific instruments are sthool (physical) so how do you expect them to prove the subtle vedic theories.A person on a lower level cannot see a person on higher level but reverse is true.

Shuddhasattva
14 August 2012, 12:26 AM
Namaste

If you think science and dharma are incompatible, why make such threads?

You're also wrong about Newtonian mechanics. In fact, it was quantum mechanics, relativity, string theory and the like that was the watershed for recognizing Hindu-esque philosophies in physics.

dhyandev
14 August 2012, 12:33 AM
I think this powerpoint might help sooth critic's nerves
http://www.scribd.com/doc/99482448/Science-in-Vedas

sanjaya
15 August 2012, 02:02 PM

Well I think the problem here is not with belief in the effectiveness of puja and devotion, but with the mechanism by which these things are effective. Like I've said before, I believe in the supernatural and so I believe that doing puja can bring about positive consequences. I have no idea how God actually does this, and certainly wouldn't try to attribute natural causes to something that we've all accepted is supernatural. The problem in this case is that if someone were to actually get funding to do the experiment, it could (and almost certainly would) be shown that Agnihotra does not produce sound waves that destructively interfere with the blast wave of a nuclear bomb. And realistically, this sort of thing could be harmful. If India ever fought a nuclear war with one of its neighbors and a town was about to be attacked, I would hope that the citizens would seek an appropriate shelter rather than wasting their time doing an Agnihotra.

It's not that devotion to God is useless, in my mind. But I think there's a time and a place for everything. One wouldn't want his surgeon to be doing abhishekam in the OR. A student shouldn't do a homa when he's sitting for an exam. There's nothing wrong with these rituals, it's just that they need to be conducted at the appropriate place and time, and the examples I've given place them at absurd times. So why do an Agnihotra before a nuclear attack? The pseudoscience notwithstanding, I think such a thing would be equally absurd.

Aum Namasivaya

Heh, I find it hard to see you being accused of foolishness. Yes, it's true that many militant atheists take on an air of condescension. This tends not to bother me, since they obviously can't hurt God. But I think their disrespect stems from people making ridiculous claims. To a scientist, this causal connection between Agnihotra and the outcome of a nuclear attack is very obviously wrong, and perhaps a person who already disbelieves in God will be more incited towards ridicule because of it.

This is what is called Newtonian or to be exact ,western science.And the great scientist you are quoting are all western scientists .what does a modern scientist do.
1. think 2. give hypothesis 3.do trials4. see if trials are agreeing to hypothesis 5.Publish the theory 6.get nobel prize

Vedic scientists were Rishis-Munis,All the did was meditate & all the mysteries unfolded before there intellect.And no one has ever been able to disprove them.So called 'modern ' science is slowly accepting what the rishis did hundreds if thousand years ago.

Also,SPiritual matters are sookshma (subtle) whereas the scientific instruments are sthool (physical) so how do you expect them to prove the subtle vedic theories.A person on a lower level cannot see a person on higher level but reverse is true.

The likely reason he's quoting Western scientists is because most scientists are Western. I don't say this with any pride as an Indian, but India hasn't cultivated nearly as many scientists as the West. The scientific method really starts with people like Newton. And for better or worse, for a long time the West also produced most of the world's scientists. Rishis are not scientists, nor do they seem to be portrayed this way in Scriptures. The scientific method defines how science is done; mediatation, no matter how effective or spiritual, is not classified as science.

Also, I hate to say this because the anti-Indians who sometimes come to this forum will say similar things. So please trust that what they say with contempt, I say out of concern. If Vedic science is superior to Western science, then why is it that Western science works and Vedic science doesn't? Computers work because we have a quantum mechanical understanding of semiconductors, and we know how to control them to accomplish things. If Vedic science is a real science, then I challenge anyone to log on to this forum using only the techniques described in the Vedas. And perhaps the greatest indictment of Vedic science is that India's military and space programs function because of technologies that were concieved in the West. Chemical propellants, multi-stage rockets, fission of unstable isotopes of uranium, etc. were developed exclusively using the techniques of Western science. In fact, any Indian scientists who contributed to these discoveries did so using Western science. Take a physics class at any IIT, and you'll find that Western science is taught. The famed Indian cosmologist J.V. Narlikar studies and teaches Western science, not Vedic cosmology. The reason for all this is that Western science is real science, and Vedic science is not.

I don't think that any of this is due to some fault within the Vedas. I simply think that the Vedas were not written with science in mind.

dhyandev
16 August 2012, 01:47 PM
If India ever fought a nuclear war with one of its neighbors and a town was about to be attacked, I would hope that the citizens would seek an appropriate shelter rather than wasting their time doing an Agnihotra.

As i had replies to your very first comment with picture of blast radius.It is obvious that nothing is left after a explosion.But you can be surely protected by the fallout by living in lead lined bunkers etc(but it is restricted for Head of states & government only,aam admi goto hell).I am sure this agnihotra can protect us from fallout.If you read the article leaving your prejudices about vedic science behind you will surely benefit.

The likely reason he's quoting Western scientists is because most scientists are Western. I don't say this with any pride as an Indian, but India hasn't cultivated nearly as many scientists as the West. The scientific method really starts with people like Newton. And for better or worse, for a long time the West also produced most of the world's scientists. Rishis are not scientists, nor do they seem to be portrayed this way in Scriptures. The scientific method defines how science is done; mediatation, no matter how effective or spiritual, is not classified as science.

Dude,looks like the macaulay in you has awakened.
1.The british never allowed the indian scientists to cultivate.eg the pioneering researches in EM waves was done by jc bose,credit to marconi During this period, Bose also started doing original scientific work in
the area of microwaves, carrying out experiments involving refraction,
diffraction and polarization. He developed the use of galena crystals for making
receivers, both for short wavelength radio waves and for white and ultraviolet
light. In 1895, two years before Marconi’s demonstration, Bose demonstrated
wireless communication using radio waves, using them to ring a bell remotely
and to explode some gunpowder.
Many of the microwave components familiar today - waveguides, horn
antennas, polarizers, dielectric lenses and prisms, and even semiconductor
detectors of electromagnetic radiation - were invented and used by Bose in
the last decade of the nineteenth century. He also suggested the existence of
electromagnetic radiation from the Sun, which was confirmed in 1944.

pc ray,who's he?
satyendra nath bose,wrote the research paper on boson.no one gave a damn,sent the paper to einstein he got it translated in german & then published
Height of mount everest Radhanath sikdar,who's he?george everest took all the credit

Also, I hate to say this because the anti-Indians who sometimes come to this forum will say similar things. So please trust that what they say with contempt, I say out of concern. If Vedic science is superior to Western science, then why is it that Western science works and Vedic science doesn't? Computers work because we have a quantum mechanical understanding of semiconductors, and we know how to control them to accomplish things. If Vedic science is a real science, then I challenge anyone to log on to this forum using only the techniques described in the Vedas. And perhaps the greatest indictment of Vedic science is that India's military and space programs function because of technologies that were concieved in the West. Chemical propellants, multi-stage rockets, fission of unstable isotopes of uranium, etc. were developed exclusively using the techniques of Western science. In fact, any Indian scientists who contributed to these discoveries did so using Western science. Take a physics class at any IIT, and you'll find that Western science is taught. The famed Indian cosmologist J.V. Narlikar studies and teaches Western science, not Vedic cosmology. The reason for all this is that Western science is real science, and Vedic science is not.

I don't think that any of this is due to some fault within the Vedas. I simply think that the Vedas were not written with science in mind.

I am horrified, literally
ON your challenge,Can I reverse challenge you,that using a computer awaken your Kundalini?read whats in others mind?become a trikal darshi(normal things for a siddha yogi)
Just as you do not get admitted to IIT or IIM without passing the entrance test, one cannot be eligible to comment on Vedas unless he or she is a yogi.

In other words, one cannot be taken seriously on vedic matters if he or she is say a drunkard, meat-eater, prone to anger, egoist, frustrated, hedonist, etc etc. Simply put he or she has to be a yogi to be a rishi (one who can understand the true meaning of vedas).

Thus Vedas is not a text which every Tom, Dick or Harry can start commenting upon merely by studying some basic conventional sanskrit grammar and reading few sanskrit books. The mantras of vedas are to be unlocked through process of deep meditation and contemplation. More one progresses on yogic path, more clearly is he or she able to understand Vedas. But for a non-yogi with stone mind, only stones can be obtained from Vedas.

Most western scholars, based upon their PhDs from universities based on and equipped for non-vedic studies start assuming that they have a preferential superiority over analysing Vedas. They simply ignore the eligibility conditions for entering into vedic arena.

Check this link & enjoy
http://www.krishnapath.org/quantum-physics-came-from-the-vedas-schrodinger-einstein-and-tesla-were-all-vedantists/
More enjoyment here
http://wormhole.in/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=371

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MHPIiI6SXlk/Sn_nfWowTPI/AAAAAAAADkw/IV50EFyP_AU/s400/Ancient+Indian-Achraya+Kanad

or else,yathechasi tatha kuru

sanjaya
16 August 2012, 09:27 PM
As i had replies to your very first comment with picture of blast radius.It is obvious that nothing is left after a explosion.But you can be surely protected by the fallout by living in lead lined bunkers etc(but it is restricted for Head of states & government only,aam admi goto hell).I am sure this agnihotra can protect us from fallout.If you read the article leaving your prejudices about vedic science behind you will surely benefit.

If I'm prejudiced, then I hope it's only towards the truth. Think about it: if Agnihotra can really produce sound waves of the intensity and frequency distribution you're requiring, then why isn't the theory work published in a refereed journal? Any fool with enough money can publish papers that are submitted to him, but scientists submit their work to refereed journals so that their peers can evalulate the work prior to publication. I guarantee you that the Spiritual Science journal you've referenced is not peer reviewed.

Dude,looks like the macaulay in you has awakened.
1.The british never allowed the indian scientists to cultivate.eg the pioneering researches in EM waves was done by jc bose,credit to marconi During this period, Bose also started doing original scientific work in
the area of microwaves, carrying out experiments involving refraction,
diffraction and polarization. He developed the use of galena crystals for making
receivers, both for short wavelength radio waves and for white and ultraviolet
light. In 1895, two years before Marconi’s demonstration, Bose demonstrated
wireless communication using radio waves, using them to ring a bell remotely
and to explode some gunpowder.
Many of the microwave components familiar today - waveguides, horn
antennas, polarizers, dielectric lenses and prisms, and even semiconductor
detectors of electromagnetic radiation - were invented and used by Bose in
the last decade of the nineteenth century. He also suggested the existence of
electromagnetic radiation from the Sun, which was confirmed in 1944.

pc ray,who's he?
satyendra nath bose,wrote the research paper on boson.no one gave a damn,sent the paper to einstein he got it translated in german & then published
Height of mount everest Radhanath sikdar,who's he?george everest took all the credit

You think I've been influenced by the work of Lord Macaulay? I've never read a single word he's written. If you'll forgive my disadvantage of being born in the US, I'm more pro-Indian than you think. Pro-Indian enough, in fact, that I'd hate to see our scientific community hindered with pseudoscience in the same manner as Christian liars have done in the US with creationism. Now, I have a few comments on what you've said above:

If you believe that Satyaendra Nath Bose performed seminal work on EM wave communication, can you point me to original papers by him? His work on other subjects, e.g. Bose-Einstein Condensation, is available for anyone to read, so it would be nice if we could look at papers on his EM wave work instead of arguing based on speculation.
Your claim that Bose used various devices to detect EM radiation is actually not so absurd, because he lived at the same time as other pioneers in the field. Again, where's the paper?
No insult intended, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out the absurdity of the statement " existence of electromagnetic radiation from the Sun." Light is the most ubiquitous form of electromagnetic radiaton in our daily lives, and the emission of EM radiation from the Sun has been known since James Clerk Maxwell established that light is an EM wave. I have no idea what experiment you refer to that confirmed this in 1944.Now having said all this, I don't doubt that Bose could have done many of the things you describe. It's no secret that in the early twentieth century Europe was the center of the scientific world, and people elsewhere were at a disadvantage. Indian scientists were not the only ones to suffer from this fact, but you do them no service by popularizing pseudoscience. Bose would not approve of Vedic "science" anymore than I do, as evidenced by the fact that his work was done using the same methods as his Western counterparts. If Vedic science has merit, why was Bose not a proponent of it? Why was not Chandrasekhar? Why not Ramanujan?

I am horrified, literally
ON your challenge,Can I reverse challenge you,that using a computer awaken your Kundalini?read whats in others mind?become a trikal darshi(normal things for a siddha yogi)

I think you may be arguing a claim I never made. I fully recognize the spiritual merit of the Vedas. It is only their scientific merit that I deny. In claiming that the Vedas contain scientific knowledge superior to that accumulated by the scientific method, you are in effect saying that any result of science can be rederived in the Vedas. It is this claim that you need to defend. I would never use a computer to awaken my Kundalini, and I never suggested that I could do so.

Just as you do not get admitted to IIT or IIM without passing the entrance test, one cannot be eligible to comment on Vedas unless he or she is a yogi.

In other words, one cannot be taken seriously on vedic matters if he or she is say a drunkard, meat-eater, prone to anger, egoist, frustrated, hedonist, etc etc. Simply put he or she has to be a yogi to be a rishi (one who can understand the true meaning of vedas).

If a person who is not a yogi cannot comment on the Vedas, then would this not silence any discussion of the Vedas on this forum? And while I make no claim of expert Vedic knowledge, when a person attempts to extend the Vedas' reach into the scientific realm, does this not make the Vedas a legitimate topic in a scientific discussion? I do claim expertise in science, and in any case I think it is acceptable to comment on the scientific veracity of Vedic science.

Most western scholars, based upon their PhDs from universities based on and equipped for non-vedic studies start assuming that they have a preferential superiority over analysing Vedas. They simply ignore the eligibility conditions for entering into vedic arena.

But the proponents of Vedic science have no expertise in science, by and large. Why doesn't this disqualify them from expressing scientific opinions?

Incidentally, I would add that Indian PhD-granting universities teach precisely the same science that one learns in the West.

dhyandev
17 August 2012, 01:51 PM
Healthy debate from your side sanjaya

if Agnihotra can really produce sound waves of the intensity and frequency distribution you're requiring, then why isn't the theory work published in a refereed journal?
I think there should be less emphasis on sound waves & more to to the smoke which comes out of the yagya kund which is helpfull as gas molecules can absorb ionizing radiations.

why isn't the theory work published in a refereed journal? Any fool with enough money can publish papers that are submitted to him,

Well,no one is ready to finance these kinds of works,it is on there own that they do it.Also the reputed journals would need more data & stuff which I think is not possible to produce in lab.& seeing the pseudo secular tendencies of the govt nothing is going to happen.We have sanskrit institutions on the verge of closing due to funds crunch whereas mleccha languages are flourishing.

You think I've been influenced by the work of Lord Macaulay? I've never read a single word he's written. If you'll forgive my disadvantage of being born in the US, I'm more pro-Indian than you think. Pro-Indian enough,

I have never questioned your intergrity towards india,BTW I never knew you were born in US.Please ,I apologize for hurting your sentiments.You are an old timer here I am new , consider me as your little brother & forgive me

I know of only 1 work where he talks of destoying the vedic educational system in the Brit parliament.What I meant was analogous of you saying that that entire vedic literature is comparable to british book shelf.

If you believe that Satyaendra Nath Bose performed seminal work on EM wave communication, can you point me to original papers by him? His work on other subjects, e.g. Bose-Einstein Condensation, is available for anyone to read, so it would be nice if we could look at papers on his EM wave work instead of arguing based on speculation.

It is jagdish chandra basu on EM waves,you mixed up the scientists!

you do them no service by popularizing pseudoscience.
Are u implying that vedic science is pseudo?

In claiming that the Vedas contain scientific knowledge superior to that accumulated by the scientific method, you are in effect saying that any result of science can be rederived in the Vedas. It is this claim that you need to defend.
Yes,110%.In fact there are many theories which are in the vedas but cannot be proved now because the science is not advanced.A simple one is the mercury vortex engine.It is said that that NASA is trying to develop using the vimanik shastra technologies for its engines in JPL.

If a person who is not a yogi cannot comment on the Vedas, then would this not silence any discussion of the Vedas on this forum?

This is what happens when people like Griffith & company,try to translate the vedas & declare it as a barbarian text.Just compare the translations of Griffith & swami dayanand or jayadev sharma and u will know what I meant

Incidentally, I would add that Indian PhD-granting universities teach precisely the same science that one learns in the West.

Actually had idiots like macaulay had not broken our backbone of vedic education we would not been studying the west sciences.
An easy example is the pyrthagoras theorem.Stolen & renamed,original is baudhayan's theorem.So it is but natural why would the west want the indians to realize there past glory?

Did u see the links I gave you to read & enjoy.
Here is another one although reposted once http://www.scribd.com/doc/99482448/Science-in-Vedas

The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.

An entire group of Vedic ‘experts’ have stood up to prove that Vedas contain early man theories and are not compatible with modern discoveries. These include communist historians propelled by commentaries on Vedas by western indologists like Max Muller, Griffith et al and a new breed of intellectuals who initiate all research with assumption that ‘old means defective’. However in modern era of religious marketing, another group has come up which would go to any length to discover scientific errors in Vedas. This is the group which would want 800 million Hindus to lose faith in Vedas and their religion and embrace what they believe is the final message of God. Yes I am referring to Islamic and Christian evangelists.

While both these groups of evangelists are propelled by vision of making everyone in world a follower of their respective Holy Books, the situation is even more desperate for Quran zealots. This is because a bulk of Islamic evangelists believe that Jesus will come again towards end of the world after which they would reach Paradise forever. And an important sign of Jesus’ coming is conquest of India. I do not know the original source of this superstition, but this remains a primary motivator for most Islamic evangelists today.

Thus every now and then, we would see references to ‘Scientific Errors in Vedas’. The typical pattern would be english translation of some mantra followed by a Veda Mantra reference. For example
“Earth is flat” – Yajur Ved 32.8

Often the reference and English translation are both pointing to sources best known to authors of these works. But for layman, these create a lot of confusion and doubt over relevance of Vedas. While I would shy away from thrusting my personal faith on Vedas, I would like to provide some excerpts from Vedas that provide clues to deep scientific concepts hidden within them.

Unfortunately, due to thousand years of slavery, burning of our universities and libraries by barbarians and then demands for tackling issues of survival first, there remains a lot of work to be done to rediscover the Vedic sciences. However, sufficient clues exist to justify why this rediscovery would be worthwhile. In this article, I shall provide some brief snippets of such clues.

A point of note: Vedas not being dogmatic in nature and containing eternal truths, do not try to spoon-feed us. Thus Vedas would contain seeds for all forms of knowledge and would urge humans to explore further. Because in the Vedic framework, its our efforts that can provide us bliss.

You can refer to original mantras at http://www.aryasamajjamnagar.org

MOTION OF EARTH

Rig Veda 10.22.14
“This earth is devoid of hands and legs, yet it moves ahead. All the objects over the earth also move with it. It moves around the sun.

In this mantra,
Kshaa = Earth (refer Nigantu 1.1)
Ahastaa = without hands
Apadee = without legs
Vardhat = moves ahead
Shushnam Pari = Around the sun
Pradakshinit = revolves

Rig Veda 10.149.1
“The sun has tied Earth and other planets through attraction and moves them around itself as if a trainer moves newly trained horses around itself holding their reins.”

In this mantra,
Savita = Sun
Yantraih = through reins
Prithiveem = Earth
Aramnaat = Ties
Dyaam Andahat = Other planets in sky as well
Atoorte = Unbreakable
Baddham = Holds
Ashwam Iv Adhukshat = Like horses

GRAVITATIONAL FORCE

Rig Veda 8.12.28
“O Indra! by putting forth your mighty rays, which possess the qualities of gravitation and attraction-illumination and motion – keep up the entire universe in order through the Power of your attraction.”

Rig Veda 1.6.5, Rig Veda 8.12.30
“O God, You have created this Sun. You possess infinite power. You are upholding the sun and other spheres and render them steadfast by your power of attraction.

Yajur Veda 33.43
“The sun moves in its own orbit in space taking along with itself the mortal bodies like earth through force of attraction.”

Rig Veda 1.35.9
“The sun moves in its own orbit but holding earth and other heavenly bodies in a manner that they do not collide with each other through force of attraction.

Rig Veda 1.164.13
“Sun moves in its orbit which itself is moving. Earth and other bodies move around sun due to force of attraction, because sun is heavier than them.

Atharva Veda 4.11.1
“The sun has held the earth and other planets”

LIGHT OF MOON

Rig Veda 1.84.15
“The moving moon always receives a ray of light from sun”

Rig Veda 10.85.9
“Moon decided to marry. Day and Night attended its wedding. And sun gifted his daughter “Sun ray” to Moon.”

ECLIPSE

Rig Veda 5.40.5
“O Sun! When you are blocked by the one whom you gifted your own light (moon), then earth gets scared by sudden darkness.”

“SCIENCE OF BUILDING SHIPS AND AIRPLANES”
Swami Dayanand has detailed Mantras regarding these in his Vedic commentary and Introduction to Vedas” (1876). The scientists of IISc concluded that the mechanism of airplane as suggested by Dayanand is feasible. The first manned plane was built 20 years after death of Swami Dayanand.

The verses are difficult to translate in English here, but readers are advised to review “Introduction to Vedas” by Swami Dayanand or interpretations of following mantras: Rig Veda 1.116.3, 1.116.4, 10.62.1, 1.116.5, 1.116.6, 1.34.2, 1.34.7, 1.48.8 etc

http://agniveer.com/science-in-vedas/?cid=1971

sayak83
20 August 2012, 10:07 AM
Actually if any thing like this can work, Indian millitary or BARC would be very interested in funding it.

Truth be told this is very simple experiement to do because gamma radiation or the thermal shock wave of the detonation can be simulated at weaker intensities very easily and we can measure the flux inside and outside the aforesaid area.

Unless such research is conducted and published, such claims look like tall tales.

dhyandev
21 August 2012, 12:22 AM
Actually if any thing like this can work, Indian millitary or BARC would be very interested in funding it.

they never will
These army people donot even give you reimbrusment foe ayurvedic treatment.They only believe in allopathy
http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/include-ayurveda-under-indian-armed-forces-medical-reimbursement-rulesPV Manesh, NSG Commando, saved 40 lives on 26/11 in Mumbai in an act of selfless service, but a grenade blast left the right side of his body paralysed. Manesh, a Shaurya Chakra awardee, regained his speech and certain degree of independent mobility after undergoing classical Ayurveda therapies, but is now forced to pay his medical bills as the Director General, of Armed Forces Medical Services has stated his inability before the Hon. Delhi High Court to include Ayurveda for the purpose of reimbursement of medical expenses to Indian Armed Forces personnel.

What the court said?

Following media reports in 2011, a public interest litigation was filed in the Delhi High Court, the division bench directed the Centre to frame guidelines for compensation to defence personnel who wished to avail treatment under Ayurveda system of medicine.

The court also directed the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to frame guidelines relating to medical treatment and reimbursement within three months, in consultation with the heads of all three defence forces.

What does the army say ?

The Director General of Armed Forces Medical Services stated his inability before the Hon. Delhi High Court to include Ayurveda (Indian Systems of Medicine) for the purpose of reimbursement of medical expenses to Indian Armed Forces personnel. Needless to say, it is a sad day when a most powerful living medical tradition that serves the needs of millions of people is disregarded in the country of its origin and practice.

dhyandev
25 August 2012, 01:33 PM
You may have heard about the great Astras mentioned in our Puranas. But you maynot have read about them in detail:
“The Mahabharata – an ancient Indian epic compiled3000 years ago – contains a reference to a terrible weapon. Regrettably, in our age of theatomic bomb, the description of this weapon exploding will not appear to be an exaggeration:‘…. a blazing shaft possessed of the effulgenceof a smokeless fire (was) let off…’. That washow this weapon was perceived. The consequences ofits use also evoke involuntary associations. ‘…This makes the bodies of the dead unidentifiable.… The survivors lose their nails and hair, andtheir food becomes unfit for eating. For severalsubsequent years the Sun, the stars and the skyremain shrouded with clouds and bad weather’. This weapon was known as the Weapon of Brahma or the Flame of Indra……”
Literary Evidences of an Ancient Atomic War Mahabharatha – Mausala Parva (Book 16)
Mahabharatha – The Longest Epic in the world with around 100,000 verses – is the history of the ancient world centered around ancient India at the end of the Dwapara Yuga – dating back to anywhere around 3500 BCE to 6000 BCE – based on the astronomical dating proofs and the drying up of the mighty vedic river Saraswati which is said to have taken place at the End of the Mahabharatha period.This large historic documentation has 18 books of which Book 16 – The Mausala Parva is the one which contains numerous references to the nuclear weapons and its after math effects including radiation.The Book 16 starts with the following lines, and I really wonder how on earth could people have ignored these lines for so long!36 Years after the great Mahabharata war – strong and dry winds carrying gravels (rock fragments) still blew from every side. The horizon was always covered with some kind of fog in all directions. Blazing pieces of coal fell from sky to earth. The disc of the Sun was always covered with dust.Now the reason for the occurrences of such drastic changes in nature could be only one of the three mentioned below1) An asteroid / comet impact2) A massive volcano3) The aftermath of a massive nuclear war

Volcanoes are ruled out in this part of the world. And we have no literary evidences of any asteroid or comet impact during that period. However what we have is the literary evidence of a massive war that took place during that period of time – and the adverse effects on nature are described in the texts to be a result of the war itself.

The war itself was so devastating that even though the Pandavas won the war technically, practically everything was destroyed in the war. The entire armies of both sides of the warring factions were wiped out in the war. Duryodhana, the Chief Kaurva – after having lost the war, on his death bed saysPandavas may have won the war, but what has been Yudhishtira (the Chief Pandava) left with to rule upon?Ask any modern day military expert, and he will tell you – there are no real winners in a nuclear war.

Given thatMillions of soldiers died in the Mahabharatha war which lasted for just 18 daysIn depth description in the texts about the nature of the powerful weapons used in the war

The detailed description of the adverse impact the war had on nature which was so obvious even 36 years after the war
Hence it becomes quite obvious that Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) were used in the Mahabharatha war.
Mahabharatha – The Destruction of Yadavas
Not only during the Mahabharatha war, but a couple of decades after the Mahabharatha war – when the Yadavas (Vrishnis and Andhakas) fought amongst themselves and destroyed each other – even then it looks like nuclear bombs were used.
The Mausala Parva describes the impact of this battle as followsAsses were born of kine, and elephants of mules. Cats were born of bitches, and mouse of the mongoose
This is an obvious reference to the widespread genetic mutations that take place in the off-springs of animals in the presence of strong nuclear radiation. This again supports the theory that the war saw the use of nuclear weapons.

Another interesting piece of information in the Mausala Parva is when it says
These weapons, having achieved success, have gone away to the place they came from. They will, again, come into thy hands when the Time for their coming approaches.

Mahabharatha – Vana Parva (Book 3)

Here (Chapter 22) Krishna describes the war he fought earlier with the Salwa King who had attacked Krishna’s city Dwaraka. It is said that the Salwa King had a aircraft (Vimana) called Saubha Vimana which the king used for both travel and aerial warfare.

Krishna says that

The sound of this Salwa’s spacecraft was inaudible and this flying car made up of costly metals used to vanish creating illusion!Clearly an aerial vehicle being “inaudible” shows the level of technology it had, and on top of that it used to disappear quite often. The term used for such aerial vehicles in modern military terminology is Stealth Fighters

Krishna further describes the aircraft asIt was capable of going anywhere at will, bewildering my eyes, reappeared at Pragjyotisha (a nearby city). Then it suddenly drowned me with a mighty shower of rocks

Angered by the destruction of his city Dwaraka by Salwa’s aircraft, Krishna then decides to destroy it completely and brings out his favorite weapon which he describes asthe weapon of fire, blazing and of celestial origin, of irresistible force, and incapable of being baffled, bursting with energy, capable of penetrating into anything and everything

Celestial origin most probably refers to the principle of nuclear fusion which powers the stars. So most probably it was a thermonuclear device. The impact of the launch of this weapon was thatrising into the sky, it seemed like a second sun of exceeding effulgence – it not only killed Salwa and destroyed his aircraft but it was launched further and destroyed the entire city of Saubha (Salwa’s Capital City) which was located at a place as high as the top of a mountain

Krishna also says that the weapon used was also used earlier in history when the Gods reduced to ashes the Yakshas, Rakshasas and Danavas