PDA

View Full Version : Quotes

BlueJayWay
14 August 2012, 03:45 PM
I want to keep a quote, or excerpt, from the Bhagavad Gita on my desktop for daily inspiration.

What would be your best suggestions?

:)

Shanti29
15 August 2012, 11:54 PM
Well you could either google some quotes or actually read the gita and find one that speaks to you. Something that could aid in self improvement.

yajvan
16 August 2012, 11:56 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

I want to keep a quote, or excerpt, from the Bhagavad Gita on my desktop for daily inspiration.

It is said that the hand has a memory... by writing down the
śloka-s you find of interest is a fine practice. The 'hand' writing helps one remember.

Also - it is our custom here to greet people on one's post... a hello , or other salutation you find agreeable is welcomed and suggested.

praṇām

wundermonk
26 November 2012, 12:25 PM
Nearly EVERY verse of the BG is pregnant with philosophy/theology/divinity. :)

My personal favourites/inspiritational verses are:

Hear again My supreme word, the most secret of all; as you are exceedingly loved by Me, I am telling what is good for you. Focus your mind on Me. Be My devotee. Be My worshipper. Prostrate before Me. You shall come to me alone. I promise you, truly; for you are very dear to Me.

http://www.hinduhumanrights.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/krishna-with-his-student-Arjuna.jpg

Amrut
27 November 2012, 09:47 AM

:)

I have 3 ways to share.

1. Add a quote of the day widget on my blog (http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in/) which automatically changes daily. I have added 365 quotes.

2. Create wallpapers with quotes. Since I am not an artist, I google for descent wallpapers and on deviant art and then add my favourite quote or a quote which you are contemplating.

e.g. I have added a quote by Swami Sukhbodhananda

Meditation is
being at peace with 'What Is'
and Transcending 'What Is'
- Swami Sukhbodhananda

and made a wallpaper for personal use using inkscape. or you can use GIMP. I do not know if Paint.net allows you to add text. All software are free. You can download google webfonts

There is no need to create artistic wallpapers for personal use, because I cannot create them ;)

keep background same and change the text (quote) :)

3. Add them as forum or email signature.

Namaste