PDA

View Full Version : New and Learning

Jodhaa
15 August 2012, 09:13 AM
Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to the community! I'm a 26 year old Illustrator living in the states with my husband and two cats (or as I like to think of them, furry room-mates). I work on Children's books, logos and cover designs of all kinds and have recently begun working on an Illustration series for 'The Ramayana'.

In the last few months I have begun practicing aspects of Hinduism, after a good deal of research and soul searching. I don't call myself a Hindu yet, only because I feel as though I have much more to learn and understand before I can confidently declare that. I feel like one's core beliefs can't simply be picked up one day out of the blue - one should understand completely (or as completely as possible) what they mean when they say "I am a Hindu" (Or Christian, or Muslim, etc. for that matter.)

I am looking forward to learning from all of you! Hopefully I can offer some small amount of insight too.

Thanks for reading!

-Jodhaa

Eastern Mind
17 August 2012, 08:00 AM
Vannakkam Jodha: Welcome to these forums. Good to hear of your being an illustrator. Do you have a website where we can have a view?

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
17 August 2012, 11:00 AM
Namaste Jodhaa,

Welcome aboard and hope you have a pleasant journey.

Pranam.

JaiMaaDurga
17 August 2012, 11:32 AM
Namaste Jodhaa,

Welcome to HDF, may your time here prove rewarding and informative.
I am curious- would that be a rod puppet of your making in the picture?
If so, perhaps this link (http://www.puppetryindia.org/page1/page4/page4.html) may interest you.

JAI MATA DI

Jodhaa
20 August 2012, 11:47 AM
Namaste Jodhaa,

Welcome aboard and hope you have a pleasant journey.

Pranam.

Thank you, Believer =)

Jodhaa
20 August 2012, 11:50 AM
Namaste Jodhaa,

Welcome to HDF, may your time here prove rewarding and informative.
I am curious- would that be a rod puppet of your making in the picture?
If so, perhaps this link (http://www.puppetryindia.org/page1/page4/page4.html) may interest you.

JAI MATA DI

Namaste, JaiMaaDurga-

My profile image is that of a Lakshmi doll I made. I am an Illustrator by trade, but I also make dolls and puppets.

I have made a doll of Lord Ganesha, the River Ganga (Anthropomorphized), Lord Hanuman, and of course the Lakshmi above. I make other dolls not related to Hinduism as well.

At the moment I am working on a Shiva Marionette.

Thank you for the link! I am always interested in learning about puppetry arts from other cultures.

Peace!