PDA

View Full Version : making sense of symptoms

goodlife
26 August 2012, 02:25 PM
Hello

Have been experiencing some symptoms don't know how to process them. I am trying not to put cart before the horse but seems like they have been there for a few days now.

I am feeling
1. Heat in the whole body especially hands n base of feet but whole body too.like slight feverish feeling n yet it doesn't feel like fever. my fingers, it seems are always emitting heat.if i put my hand on anything, even computer mouse, it heats up in some time.
2.Off n on heat in anahat chakra.like a a sudden flare up round ball of heat ball.
3. Lethargy.feel too lethargic. was thinking may be its the feverish feeling feeding into being like that.
4. Reduced inclination to any thing related to carnal pleasure or activity.

why i bring this up is cause normally i would just ignore as change in season effects but its more pronounced and been there for a few days now. Also read on some website that this may be a symptom of kundalini energy awakening though i am averse to this line of thinking just yet.

Hence looking for opinion from learned members.

many thanks

yajvan
26 August 2012, 06:02 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Hello

Have been experiencing some symptoms don't know how to process them. I am trying not to put cart before the horse but seems like they have been there for a few days now.

I am feeling
1. Heat in the whole body especially hands n base of feet but whole body too.like slight feverish feeling n yet it doesn't feel like fever. my fingers, it seems are always emitting heat.if i put my hand on anything, even computer mouse, it heats up in some time.
2.Off n on heat in anahat chakra.like a a sudden flare up round ball of heat ball.
3. Lethargy.feel too lethargic. was thinking may be its the feverish feeling feeding into being like that.
4. Reduced inclination to any thing related to carnal pleasure or activity.

why i bring this up is cause normally i would just ignore as change in season effects but its more pronounced and been there for a few days now. Also read on some website that this may be a symptom of kundalini energy awakening though i am averse to this line of thinking just yet.

Hence looking for opinion from learned members.

many thanks

Perhaps I am missing something, but you have not mentioned what you are doing to suggest these occurnaces are the result of some activity. What is it that you are doing that suggests a correlation to these symptoms.

It is always good to have a check-up with the doctor first.

praṇām

McKitty
26 August 2012, 09:31 PM
Vanakkam,

I agree with Yajvanji, if those symptoms persists and disturb you, you should check the advices of a doctor first :)

From experience, just don't blindly check online like googling your symptoms...You'll dicover that you have terminal something tropical disease and pregnant :D It's not very good, that's why seeking the advice of a doctor is the best you can have, as they are professionnals.

Aum Namah Shivaya

goodlife
27 August 2012, 12:03 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Perhaps I am missing something, but you have not mentioned what you are doing to suggest these occurnaces are the result of some activity. What is it that you are doing that suggests a correlation to these symptoms.

It is always good to have a check-up with the doctor first.

praṇām

Namaste

Perhaps i should have mentioned that i have been doing Shakti sadhna for some time but lately more so. The other day shaking hands with a friend , got told that hand was warm/hot n that center of the palm was vibrating like a heart beat. don't know if it means anything but just thought would share this.

thanks

Amrut
28 August 2012, 02:03 AM
Namaste

Perhaps i should have mentioned that i have been doing Shakti sadhna for some time but lately more so. The other day shaking hands with a friend , got told that hand was warm/hot n that center of the palm was vibrating like a heart beat. don't know if it means anything but just thought would share this.

thanks

Namaste,

In shakti sadhana, such things do happen. I used to practice Kundalini Yoga.

Many friends had this problems of inner heat and fever.

The best is to take rest.

If your Kundalini is activated, then you may feel these things. when I was given shaktipat, I did not like to do any work. Just stay with me.

Another problem is people do not focus more on character building. As you advance your aura increases. imagine that the size and capacity of water pump has increased. Now it can draw more water than before. *Similarly, force of emotions (bhava) gets multiplied, both positive and negative.

I humbly suggest you to take a break for 2-3 days. Read books or listen to bhajans, but not to meditate till you become normal. Fever is a natural cleansing process. It happen to all who meditate. As you advance, physiological and psychological changes takes place within us. *Negativity is thrown out of body in the form of fever. *After fever, you will feel very light and find yourself ready to meditate again.

Please do not ignore character building. It includes not speaking ill of others, too much arguments, as it increases Ego. To transform animal or lower qualities like greed, anger, etc into spiritual or divine qualities like peace, harmony, love for God, you have to also focus on character building and also do service like donating some part from 5 to 10 % of income (give atleast some) to spiritual organizations.

Prayers also help a lot. Constantly pray to God to remove all negative qualities and give divine qualities.

Oh God, remove irritation, anger, frustration and give peace
remove hatred, jealous, and give love.
dissolve my ego and give faith and surrender.
Oh God, please merge my will into your will. My will is merged into divine will.

You may have some excess energy. To dissipate the excess energy, pray to mother earth to take excess energy.

some of them pray to God to take away excess energy

some spread the excess energy to the world and their country. You should know how to do it. Better pray to God and mother earth.

Passing this energy to mother earth is called grounding. After that you will find interest in worldly matters.

there should be a balance in 5 things

1. work
2. enjoyment
3. rest
4. meditation (includes all spiritual activities)
5. sex

If you find meditation too hard or are trying too hard to meditate, you can skip meditation on some days. Many say, give a break once a week. Your body needs rest.

In advaita and bhakti, such heat is not experienced. I Practice Advaita and feel cooling effect.

Shakti sadhana should have a guru. I hope you too have one. Please contact him or any advanced disciples, as the instructions of like-minded people in similar path is more helpful.

Do not worry too much. Just give your body some time. things will be alright. Oh and as Yajvan ji has advised, you can contact Doc, preferable Ayurveda, if it suits you.

I do not know if these are mentioned in shastras, but my master had taught me this and it helped me a lot.

Aum
Indiaspirituality

goodlife
29 August 2012, 12:29 PM
Namaste,

The best is to take rest.

Shakti sadhana should have a guru. I hope you too have one. Please contact him or any advanced disciples, as the instructions of like-minded people in similar path is more helpful.

Do not worry too much. Just give your body some time. things will be alright. Oh and as Yajvan ji has advised, you can contact Doc, preferable Ayurveda, if it suits you.

Aum
Indiaspirituality

Hello IS

Thanks for a wonderful and helpful post. I did slow down considerably over last two days and it seems its working as heat bloom has subsided sufficiently only to experience strong shivers (although for very short duration) from forehead to bottom along center of body:D

many thanks

Amrut
30 August 2012, 12:33 AM
Hello IS

Thanks for a wonderful and helpful post. I did slow down considerably over last two days and it seems its working as heat bloom has subsided sufficiently only to experience strong shivers (although for very short duration) from forehead to bottom along center of body:D

many thanks

Hello goodlife

If fever is 2 degrees above normal body temp, then better consult doctor.

You can also take coffee with less milk (not a full milk coffee) once or twice a day but not more when you have fever. it helped me.

I have passed through these phases of tingling fever and internal heat, most of the time, either I stressed too much, was too hard on myself or did not pay attention to character building.

Best was to read books, listen (devotional ;) ) songs, take a break from meditation, regular donation to the ashram you have faith. All these helped me.

Aum