PDA

View Full Version : Is Bliss Real?

seekinganswers
16 September 2012, 10:43 AM
The other day I was thinking about how I am not my mind, nor my body, and everything in this world is maya, it's only relatively real. I then felt extreme bliss. The issue is that I know polar opposites in this world like happiness and sadness that are dependent on maya are also unreal. That i am neither happiness nor sadness. But since I am Bliss, is it absolutely real to feel bliss?

Eastern Mind
16 September 2012, 11:51 AM
Vannakkam seekinganswers: I can't say whether it is 'real' or not because there is still debate on the nature of 'real'.

I can tell you I've experienced what I would call bliss, yes. But again, 'bliss' is pretty undefined as well.

Aum Namasivaya

cmorel02
16 September 2012, 12:29 PM
Namaste Mrita

From what I know. Brahman is Sat (Absolute Consciousness), Chit (Absolute Wisdom), and Andanda (Absolute Bliss). I've experienced Ananda before, or I might have. Maybe the Ananda of Brahman is greater. But from what I know, there's a difference between worldly contentedness and true Bliss of the Self. It seems that you're receiving Grace from the Supreme seekinganswers. And maybe with Grace from Guru enlightenment can come.

Hope I was able to help you.

Dhanyavadah

Viraja
16 September 2012, 03:53 PM
The other day I was thinking about how I am not my mind, nor my body, and everything in this world is maya, it's only relatively real. I then felt extreme bliss. The issue is that I know polar opposites in this world like happiness and sadness that are dependent on maya are also unreal. That i am neither happiness nor sadness. But since I am Bliss, is it absolutely real to feel bliss?

Yes, IMO bliss is absolutely real and the only real thing in the world. When we think why things in the world are unreal, the realization dawns on us that they are so only because they are transient, temporary - nothing is permanent. When we surpass attachment to worldly things and ascend spiritually, when we are advanced very spiritually, we are able to connect to the Brahman, and we feel bliss supreme when knowledge of the self dawns on us. This is the core emotion (if you will) that even Gnanis and sadhus strive to attain and once attained, the bliss becomes eternal, we realize we are one with the supreme bliss and nothing can change that or take that away from us - even death becomes a tool to shed the mortal body and become one with that bliss that as a living entity, the Gnani was able to connect to.

Hence, this bliss, attained out of self-perfection and spiritual sadhana, is REAL.