PDA

View Full Version : Lossess of consciousness

IcyCosmic
21 September 2012, 03:44 PM
Namaste, something very weird has been happening to me for a couple of years which I have never spoken to anyone about.
Some of you may be aware of the Yoga position where you get on your tip toes, stretch and elongate your arms towards teh sky with your hands interlocked. I was told to do this to help with my height, I was young at the time and I think I was just touching 6 foot, I'm 6 ft 3 now but I used to do that sometimes as a stretch more than anything really.

I did the stretch and extended as much as I could, I'd feel a surge of weird energy engulf my body and when I was younger it was particularly bad, I'd completely lose consciousness for a couple of seconds then I'd be back. One time I did it in front of a guest when my dad asked me to get something I just weirdly wandered around while laughing for like 4 seconds. I don't do it much anymore so I'm not sure if it still happens. Any ideas?

charitra
22 September 2012, 01:06 PM
check out petit mal seizure http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000696.htm

seekinganswers
22 September 2012, 03:28 PM
It is possible you unintentionally performed something called the "valsalva maneuver". if you strain against your chest, your blood pressure will plummet....