PDA

View Full Version : "I" focus

seekinganswers
28 September 2012, 06:00 PM
Focus on "I" just single pointedly focus on "I", it is a thought, you are aware of that thought "I", it is an object, so just drop it, let it go, and now there is just you

And before you reply, why not notice for a second that your mind is pondering this, and you are not your mind, you are observing it :)

Namaste

wundermonk
29 September 2012, 12:58 AM
Reminds me of Shankara's commentary on Brhadaranyaka Upanishad I.4 (http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/brhad_I-04.html).

Everything which is seen as an object of a seeing is the non-self. Even the 'I' is individuated and "impure" ascription of consciousness to a pshycho-physical body. Consciousness is the seer and the seer is non-different from the seeing.

Believer
29 September 2012, 11:03 AM
Namaste,

My simple mind interprets this as, none of my attributes define me. I am the consciousness that witnesses all that I do/think.

On a side note, I was told that one of the ways of reducing the amount of sleep required by us is to not analyze/discuss the mundane that happens everyday in our lives. Indulging in that activity fatigues the faculties and the body requires more time to rest during the night. Just observing the events and letting them go without partaking in them in any way frees up lot of emotional energy, is less stressful on the physical being of a person and helps with the evolution of the person on the spiritual scale.

Pranam.

squidgirl
29 September 2012, 06:35 PM
On a side note, I was told that one of the ways of reducing the amount of sleep required by us is to not analyze/discuss the mundane that happens everyday in our lives. Indulging in that activity fatigues the faculties and the body requires more time to rest during the night. Just observing the events and letting them go without partaking in them in any way frees up lot of emotional energy, is less stressful on the physical being of a person and helps with the evolution of the person on the spiritual scale.

Pranam.
Namaste,

Great post Believer!
:D