PDA

View Full Version : Maa Saraswati mantras?

Brishti
28 September 2012, 11:35 PM
Namaskar,

Can anyone please post some mantras or slokas (and their meanings), for worshiping Maa Saraswati? I only seem to know the Gayatri mantra, what are some other ones?

JaiMaaDurga
05 October 2012, 12:54 PM
Namaste Brishti,

Though I encourage you to explore what other online resources
there are to be found by search engines etc., this (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3816618/Saraswati-Mantra) will hopefully be
of some help to you.

JAI MATA DI

dhyandev
07 October 2012, 12:52 AM
WORSHIP OF MA SARASVATI

Mother Sarasvati is the goddess of learning. After praying to the Guru, children should offer prayers to Ma Sarasvati.
या कुन्देन्दुतषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता
या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा या श्वेतपद्मासना।
या ब्रह्माच्युतशंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा वन्दिता
सा मां पातु सरस्वती भगवती निःशेषजाङयापहा।।

Ya kundendutusaraharadhavata ya subhravastravrta
Ya vinavaradandamanditakara ya svetapadmasana l
Ya brahmacyutasankaraprabhritibhirdevaih sadavandita
Sa mam patu sarasvati bhagavati nihsesajadyapaha ll

Meaning: ‘Goddess Saraswati, Who bears a pure and white complextion like the jasmine flower, the moon, or a snow flake; Who wears spotless snow-white clothes and Who has a magnificent veena (lute) in her hand; Who is seated on a white lotus, Whose praises even Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva always sing and Who removes all laziness and intertia; may Shw always look after me.’

शुक्लां ब्रह्मविचारसारपरमामाद्यां जगदव्यापिनीं
वीणापुस्तकधारिणीमभयदां जाङयान्धकारापहाम्।
हस्ते स्फाटिकमालिकां च दधतीं पद्मासने संस्थितां
वन्दे तां परमेश्वरीं भगवती बुद्धिप्रदां शारदाम्।।

Suklam brahmavicarasaraparamamadyam jagadvyapinim
Vinapustakadharinim abhyadam jadyandhakarapadahm l
Haste sphatikamalikam ca dadhatim padmasane samsthitam
Vande tam paramesvarim bhagavati buddhipradam saradam ll

Meaning: ‘She won is glowing in Her white complextion, Who is the Supreme essence of Self-enquiry, Who is All-pervading; She Who is holding the veena (lute) and the sacred book in Her hands, Who saves us from all fear, Who destroys the darkness of ignorance, Who seated atop a lotus flower, holds a rosary of crystal beads in one hand; She Who endows us with wisdom-I bow down to such Goddess Saraswati, the Primordial Supreme Mother Divine.’

http://hariomgroup.org/hariombooks/satsang/English/BalSanskar.pdf