PDA

View Full Version : Vaishno Devi marries Kalki

ShivaFan
29 September 2012, 10:33 PM
Namaste

A very long time ago, a Kashmir Brahman told me of Vaishno Devi. I have never been to Her Temple, which is in Jammu Kashmir. He told me She was an aspect of Durga who will marry Kalki in the future.

For some reason, today She came into my thoughts, and so I went to the website which claims to be the official site for Her temple. Here I learned She is One who was born as a Divine Girl at the time of Lord Ram, that She came from a Light that manifested from the combined tejas of Kali Ma, Sri Lakshmi and Saraswati Devi. And that, yes, Ram told Her that one day She would marry Kalki.

This strikes me as amazingly beautiful! In Her I see again the interweaving of Saiva, Vaishnav and Shakta, of Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma and all the Majestic Devi Queens.

Has anyone on the HDF ever visit Her holy Temple in Kashmir? Will She marry Kalki, and who will be allowed to attend Her wedding? All the Gods?

Here is a prayer from the site, to Her:

Moonh Maangi Muradein Poori Karne Wali Mata, which means, the Mother who fulfills whatever Her children wish for.

Om Namah Sivaya

satay
30 September 2012, 12:00 AM
Namaste,

I have been to vaishno Devi Mandir twice. Once when I was a young kid, second about three years ago now with my dad. They say one only can go for her darshan when ma calls one.

It was an amazing 13 km uphill hike with my dad. And about 14km down because you come down a different way through something called haathi matha (elephant's forehead) named for the shape of the hill.

I will cherish that trip for so many reasons. My dad took me to the 'old' path instead of the short quicker path! My legs were sore for three days afterwards and I am in a good shape. !

It is a common spot for people to go in the north especially for us punjabis.

Namaste

Has anyone on the HDF ever visit Her holy Temple in Kashmir? Will She marry Kalki, and who will be allowed to attend Her wedding? All the Gods?

Om Namah Sivaya

ShivaFan
30 September 2012, 11:13 AM
Namaste Satay

I really appreciate you kindly sharing this with us. Your Father is the reason for what you are. One day, those of us who have not had the same blessed adventures will also have a moment in life to visit the Devi at this wonderful temple, and walk the same footpath.

Om Namah Sivaya

dogra
02 October 2012, 07:10 AM
Yes, visited Vaishno devi a few years back, took a long time going up, quicker coming down.
There are pony rides up with guides, and taxis going down.
Channa bhutura on way down with chai.
Due to crowds, it is a quick glance at devi mata.
Noticed that a number of the guides are of Muslim faith, but thats fine as they earn a living as well as others.
God resides in hearts of all beings.

satay
02 October 2012, 04:19 PM
namaste,
Yes, I noticed a lot of people have a number of options to take the hike up hill. Some had taken pony rides, palki rides or even helicopter rides etc.

Noticed too that a larger number of people working around for rides were muslim. No issues at all with that. I felt in my heart, 'wow, how fortunate these guys are for being around ma.'

We were there just before the 'schools closed' so no large crowds at all when we went. No line ups. Darshan was clear and without pushing or line ups. In fact my dad had an argument with a policeman there but that's another story. It all worked out.

Anirudh
02 November 2012, 09:00 AM
Namaste Shiva Fan,

Will She marry Kalki, and who will be allowed to attend Her wedding? All the Gods?
I wish their wedding to be held at Ayodhya, the capital of Akhand Bhaarath. Not just all the Gods, may we all take rebirth to attend their wedding !!

ranjitm
18 November 2012, 03:34 AM
Namaste Shiva Fan,

I wish their wedding to be held at Ayodhya, the capital of Akhand Bhaarath. Not just all the Gods, may we all take rebirth to attend their wedding !!

Sir, do you think you'd recognize Them as Gods if such a thing were to happen? :p Highly advanced yogis saw Krishna sporting with gopis and made fun of Gargamuni, Narada, etc. Its better to witness God on His spiritual form through divine sight bestowed by His grace or not view Him at all. Who wants that naama-apraadh to their name?

shian
19 November 2012, 04:47 AM
i wish i can visit Vaishnoo Devi Maa Temple in this life

Anirudh
22 November 2012, 07:33 AM
do you think you'd recognize Them as Gods if such a thing were to happen?

Namaste Ranjitm,

Could be a wishful thinking but we shouldn't loose hope :)

Even if i wouldn't recognize them as Gods, I get the opportunity to attend their wedding

JayaRadhe
30 November 2012, 04:44 AM
Wait, is Vaishno Devi and Vaishnavi (Matrika) Devi the same?
Namaste!
If you read the Devi Bhagawatam, you'll see that all Devis are just different expressions of one Devi performing different functions. It states that both Radha and Durgaa are the one Mulaprakriti. Radha appeared from Krishna's left side, whereas Durgaa appeared from Krishna's right side. From those two emanate all other devis. Radha divides herself into Saraswati, Lakshmi, Sita, Rukmini, etc... Durgaa divides herself into Kaali, Vaishnavi, Gauri, Mangla Chandi, etc...
However, as ShivaFan was trying to point out, Vaishno Devi is the emanation of MahaSaraswati, MahaLakshmi, and MahaKaali. Therefore, she is the fully manifest Mulaprakriti.
I hope that made sense.