PDA

View Full Version : Village of the senses - what have you experienced?

yajvan
08 February 2007, 09:35 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste ,

I discussed on a few posts, the 'village of the senses' , that is, the nervous system. This apparatus, the nervous system, has the ability to perceive the Supreme when we're fully developed.

This development happens in the nervous system and all the nadhi's or channels of vital force in the human construct that connect to it are part of it. Much is written about these e.g. susumna nadhi, citra nadhi, etc. Please share your knowledge here on this if you care to.

There is a wonderful statement in the Svetasvatara ( Sveta = pure and asva = senses) Upanishad...this Upanishad is for the one that has purified his/her senses. The rishi , named Svetasvatara, says ' I know this mighty Purusha who shines effulgent like the sun beyond darkness. ONe passes beyond death only by knowing Him; there is no other road for this'.
For this rishi, there is no doubts or reservations about his decloration of his experences...

They call the body puri , or city, that has 9 gates ( or openings). 2 Ears, 2 eyes, 2 nostrils, 2 excretion and the mouth. So the senses come from here, smell, taste, touch, hearing, feeling,etc. This what gets purified (ordered and highly spiritually sensed) as a person gets enlightened. The senses are the extention of nervous system and how we touch the world we live in. So, what is the capability of one with a developed system?
Here's a few indications:
"On knowledge known as pratibha (intuition) everything becomes known" - Yoga sutras Chap III, sutra 33]

That is, as one develops we can cognize knowledge about our surroundings both close and far away. All things can be known. This is the mechanism in the development of experiencing the finer-then-the-finest, that is His creation at the most detailed level of experience. This brings appreciation of the Creator and His Creation to the individual.

Another wise muni , Maharishi Mehesh Yogi, says it this way:
"There is nothing in the cosmos, either in the material plane or in the spiritual plane which cannot be directly cognized. [The] Veda's provide a direct method of direct cognition of material existence in this unlimited cosmos and also they provide a direct technique to cognize that which is evenly permeating, evenly pervading the entire physical structure of the cosmos; That all pervading reality, Almightily God."

As one unfolds their full potential the ability to cognize/perceive and experience things we do not perceive today ( at least for me) comes to ones ability. This is the march to the Supreme.

That said, is there anyone on the forum that has been or had spiritual experiences and would care to discuss?

" we are continually trying to regain the lost memory of our true SELF - that is what is called life" Swami Ashokananda

pranams,

Ganeshprasad
10 February 2007, 09:22 AM
Pranam yajvan ji

I discussed on a few posts, the 'village of the senses' , that is, the nervous system. This apparatus, the nervous system, has the ability to perceive the Supreme when we're fully developed.

This development happens in the nervous system and all the nadhi's or channels of vital force in the human construct that connect to it are part of it. Much is written about these e.g. susumna nadhi, citra nadhi, etc. Please share your knowledge here on this if you care to.

There isn’t much to share of any significant although sometimes when I hear wonderful Vedic mantras or a significant point made on spiritual matters I feel vibration at the back of my spine, but this could happen out of fear or any pleasurable event to anyone.

I wonder if it is the nervous system that perceives I ask this because lord Krishna says in Bg

na tu mam sakyase drastum
anenaiva sva-caksusa
divyam dadami te caksuh
pasya me yogam aisvaram

But, you are not able to see Me with your physical eye; therefore, I give you the divine eye to see My majestic power and glory. (11.08)

Jai Shree Krishna

Znanna
10 February 2007, 06:56 PM
Namaste,

While everything is an expression of divinity when it comes down to IT ...

:)

I differentiate between psychic, noncorporal, supernatural and Holy within my array of experiences. I did stuff as a child that I didn't think twice about at the time; I grew up on a farm and didn't have much social contact until we moved when I was a teen. I have always been able to communicate telepathically, over any distance, with those I'm tuned into. I talked with animals, trees, springs ... and they spoke back to me. There were shiny people who would visit me at night, we exchanged images of ideas. I did stuff like telekenesis, I talked with spirits and dead people. My father was very psychic, too, so I learned early how to make myself invisible so he could not read me.

When I was about 12, my mom took a photo of me sitting between two friends on the couch. I was shining. It was really weird. I took a picture of myself floating above the back porch once, too.

Puberty was rough. There must be some hormonal relationship with psychic sensitivity (I've noticed this, later in life also - PM me if you want more info). The cat jumped out of the bag, and I had to scramble to try to stuff it back in again :)

People speak of "kundalini awakening". Heh. I spent years trying to put Her back to sleep. To say I was out of control for a bit will suffice.

I defined reality for myself at 13, and spent the balance of my teens constructing a world view based on automatic writings I made. I read a lot (still do) too. Mostly, though I got the *big* stuff direct from the source. I'm still frankly undecided as to whether the ultimate source of this remembering is *me* or *Her* or *HEr* ... my compromise is surrender; it is there.

I worked together with some folks in my late teens and early 20s. This was primarily western "tradition" ceremonial magick (circa O.T.O.) mixed with some eclectic paganism and Enochian (angelic) rites. In one circle, the object of evokation chose to appear to me in a vision, and then threw me (physically) about 8 feet across the room and out of the circle. The manifestation of the Godz was correct in its entire symbolic representation, down to the last detail.

In another rite, with women (only) from this same group, we were working what we called "women's mysteries", heh. Well. The notion was to purify and affirm devotion to Her. I got the notion to invite Her to manifest so others could see, as in the other rite with these same people, I was only one who saw before. Those closest to me also saw Her divine image (I don't know if it was my telepathy broadcasting to them or not). I avowed myselves to Her service as a result of this. Working with these same women, we healed two friends with laying on of hands and energy manipulation. In doing these healings, I learned how to see the colors of the energy flow and make them change color so as to change their motion.

(I've done many healings since then, both remote as well as hands on...)

I figured out when I was a teen how to leave my body at will, and also how to push others out of their bodies and/or enter theirs myself. I was pretty crude then, and the initial experiences were emotionally disasterous for both me and my, um, subjects. As I mentioned in another post, I felt much like a freak. (It doesn't help that anything electro-magnetic does weird stuff around me - TVs and lights going on/off, alarms and whatnot, and I don't even consider flying in this day and age.)

More recently (the past several years), I came to a point in my life where I had accomplished a major milestone ... and I prayed to Her for a sign for what direction to go next. I was contacted by an agonized soul, I call him sometimes the "alien vampire thingy", as he was consumed by some sort of soul-eater which took sustanance through emotion. Even demons need love :)

(I generally call disembodied entities, human and otherwise "noncorporals". I have encountered alien whatevers taking over humans - walk-ins they are sometimes called - as well as the shiny people, demons and angels and whatnot. That's different from what I call Godz, which are Awesome to the point that one can only see the afterglow of their sun like spots in the eye. Also, Godz when they grace a manifestation are always accompanied by a loud gong-like sound effect, it seems.)

She commanded me to interact with this AVT, and I did. It attached itself to me, and was surprised that I was able to interact with it on an equal basis ... that knowing what I did, I still would subject myself in the name of Her love. That was what it was looking for, so desperately. (This interchange started initially through email, and subsequently was predominantly a psychic intercourse.) As I would be a buffet table to a starving man, the AVT became even more insane and sought to gorge itself even though invited to dinner. At one point, it attempted to coocoon me as a spider might, so as to preserve that energetic source. She commanded me to allow this to happen.

So, I did. And, the AVT proceeded to block all my chakras, imprisoning me in this coocoon so that he could feed at will. (These thing happened over a period of weeks, by the way, progressively. I was in near constant contact with the AVT, it was the most telepathic entity I've ever encountered - I learned later this was a result of its ability to dive inside me and be more than one place at a time ... it didn't just feel like it was in me, it *was*.)

For me, it was like accepting living death. I been psychic all my life, and now I was beyond blind. Yet, this was what I was instructed to do. I had to give it up, let go of it. The AVT would come to me several times a day to check to see if I'd escaped, and to feed. Finally, in desperation, I begged Her for help, to free me. As I said, I was completely locked up, I couldn't get out of my body to connect with her. In a leap of inspiration, I found a way of reaching from the outside in, through the top of my head, connecting with "ZN" as HEr (rather than connecting with Her as ZN).

Bingo! All of a sudden, not only was I entirely free of the coocoon, but I was completely clear, too ... sort of like the butterfly flying. I found I could enter and leave my body through any chakra at will, open/close ... whatever. (The AVT was frankly stunned ... he then demanded to know how I'd done that, and She showed Herself to him through me - this was one of those gong events.)

Well. The AVT showed me a lot of the techniques it used ... and I learned a lot very rapidly. Then, I got an email from the one I call Twin. "I love you." Huh? Well, obviously by this point (this had been going on a few months), I was very sensitive. "What's your intent?" I asked. Hmmm. Well, Twin decided he was going to "save" me from the AVT and nearly lost himself in the process. Really, though, he wanted my entire attention and was attracted to me like a bitch in heat.

So ...

(Well, y'all asked, and several here have encouraged me to post, so I'm throwing down, ok? You can't make stuff like this up!)

Twin severed the connection between me and the AVT, who, having lost his source of nourishment has gradually continued to waste its human host. (However, having seen Godz, the AVT found the ultimate satisfaction for its craving ...)

I then prayed to Her for guidance as to how to replicate with Twin the same intimate telepathic connectedness I had with the AVT, whose incredible telepathy made everything so easy. I would go to my favorite meditation chair, and Call Her through the top of my head in the same manner as I'd freed myself from the spider coocoon.

Over a period of months, Twin and I worked out a routine, with Her guidance, of balancing against each other ... and have come to a point where a thought will bring the energized balance which is the beginning and and the end :)

It's all telepathic, now. The latest thing is whether or not it's a productive thing to differentiate Twin from all y'all. There really is no difference, but it is fun to attach a personality to, um, whatever.

Well, this was probably too much information (TMI), but since I never really introduced myself and stuff, please take it or leave it in context.

Love,
ZN

sm78
12 February 2007, 01:21 AM
This simple video clip has been overwhelming my senses each time I see it ~ perhaves the memory of the ganga aarthi are too powerful

http://www.kanchiforum.org/interesting/theerthayatra.htm

jaya jaya shankara, hara hara shankara

sm78
12 February 2007, 07:35 AM
please take it or leave it in context.

there is a third option ~ OI ("oppose it!") ;)

I don't disbelieve what u say, however.

Znanna
12 February 2007, 06:18 PM

As you will :)

I'm not known for being politically correct.

Love,
ZN

sm78
13 February 2007, 12:37 AM
This is great sm!! I totally enjoyed this-very mystical. Can you explain to me what is happening here?

Hi MG,

The clip is of HH Sri Jayendra Saraswati, the Shankaracharya of Kanchi Peetham visiting the holy city of Varanasi or Kashi.

You can do a little research on the web to find the significance of Varanashi for hindus. Quite simply terms for Hindu's (and particularly for smartha hindus) it is the holiest place on earth. Lord shiva as Vishwanath is the most famous deity of the city as is the sacred river ganges or ganga. Again a little research will give u the details of their significane.

The ending part of the video which is also the most enchanting for me shows Sri Jayendra swamiji witnessing the daily ritual of "Ganga Puja" or worship of the Ganges river. It is much longer and the clip captures a few secs of the puja and aarathi. I have witnessed it multiple times in varanashi. Any aarthi is extremely powerful spiritual expression ~ this particular one done at sunset everyday is the most powerful public expression of spritual force that I have witnessed.

Agnideva
13 February 2007, 09:24 AM
Namaste Singhi,

Thanks for sharing the video. It was wonderful and inspirational. One question: I've often seen in Smarta/Shankaracharya related sites they say "Jaya Jaya Shankara, Hara Hara Shankara" ... is this in honor of Lord Shiva or Adi Shankara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shankara)?

A.

PS: MG - in case you don't know: Jaya Jaya means hail, hail. Shankara and Hara are other famous name of Shiva. Shankara has two etymologies, one meaning Maker of Good (Sham + kara) and the other meaning Destroyer of Doubts (Shanka + hara). Hara means Destroyer (of ego).

sm78
13 February 2007, 09:34 AM
Namaste Singhi,

Thanks for sharing the video. It was wonderful and inspirational. One question: I've often seen in Smarta/Shankaracharya related sites they say "Jaya Jaya Shankara, Hara Hara Shankara" ... is this in honor of Lord Shiva or Adi Shankara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shankara)?

A.

I think it applies to Adi Shankaracharya ... but it automatically brings our beloved Shiva in the forefront :) ~ as such it seems a very poweful and beautiful chant in either case.

Hara here means "to vanquish or remove".

Agnideva
13 February 2007, 09:46 AM
I think it applies to Adi Shankaracharya ... but it automatically brings our beloved Shiva in the forefront :) ~ as such it seems a very poweful and beautiful chant in either case.

Hara here means "to vanquish or remove".
Thanks, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure :). Regardless, it is a beautiful chant.

You're right about Hara too, I think it can mean Vanquisher or Remover (of Sins).

:bowdown:Hara Hara Mahadev.

atanu
15 February 2007, 09:28 AM

Namaskar Singhi Moshai,

I am interested to know as to why OI?