PDA

View Full Version : Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?

ShivaFan
02 December 2012, 01:05 PM
Namaste

First of all, I want to apologize for this posting but I think we all need a little humor, though the information provided is factual. Today I learned from the September 2012 issue of "Popular Mechanics" magazine which had an artilce on "The Human Microbiome":

"After swabbing 200 belly buttons, researchers in North Carolina counted nearly 4000 strains of bacteria, some completely new to science."

It went on to say that belly buttons (they are called "belly buttons" in the USA, known as navels in India by Indians when using English language) have more microbes than any other outlet.

I do not know if this is a problem particular to the subjects (people) who were used in the study from residents of South Carolina or other parts of the USA (I do not think they included Indians living in India as part of the study), however it is very clear that something is happening and we are now seeing emerging bacterias and probably emerging diseases coming from the belly buttons of humanity.

Which brings up a religious question.

Is the navel to be considered the "Navel of the Universe", or it's destruction?

Perhaps instead of wasting a lot of time in "Guru bashing", we need to look at our navels and contemplate the end of the world.

Om Namah Sivaya

dhyandev
03 December 2012, 07:09 AM
well Universe or not it is the place where one is joined to one's creator i.e. mother
Brahma(the creator) is born out of Vishnu's navel

On incoherent note,applying mustard oil in the navel keeps lips from getting chapped & other skin 'tearing' in winters:)

Anirudh
03 December 2012, 10:45 PM
Belly Button - Navel to the Universe or It's Destruction?

All sorts of woods like Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood, Sandalwood thrive on that button and you say it s destruction :D

dhyandev
04 December 2012, 12:06 AM
All sorts of woods like Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood, Sandalwood thrive on that button and you say it s destruction :D

;) :rolleyes: :Cool: :D