PDA

View Full Version : Transmission of Swami Lakshmanjoo

shian
10 December 2012, 05:08 AM
Vanakkam,

Who is the transmission of Swami Lakshmanjoo now ?
i mean, His student in lineage who get the highest authority and active to teach in now days. ( i dont know , in english this is called what )

Thank You

Twilightdance
10 December 2012, 05:31 AM
Vanakkam,

Who is the transmission of Swami Lakshmanjoo now ?
i mean, His student in lineage who get the highest authority and active to teach in now days. ( i dont know , in english this is called what )

Thank You

No one.

http://www.universalshaivafellowship.org/swamiji/masters/#.UMXHJEE4n3U

But even Lakshmanjoo's claim to be the last of the unbroken lineage of Abhinavagupta is not very convincing, imo.

Omkara
10 December 2012, 02:51 PM
But even Lakshmanjoo's claim to be the last of the unbroken lineage of Abhinavagupta is not very convincing, imo.

Why??

shian
10 December 2012, 11:35 PM
So how about peoples in now day who want to learn under lineage of Kashmir Shaivaism ? There is another Kashmir Shaivaism lineage / school who still exist now ?

Twilightdance
11 December 2012, 02:22 AM
Why??

- The lineage starts again abruptly from 1860.
- No trace of kaula ritualism in what Lakhmanjoo taught and practiced.
- Unlikely kashmir lineages were thriving practice surviving 1200 years with Islam overrunning Kashmir.

Twilightdance
11 December 2012, 02:33 AM
So how about peoples in now day who want to learn under lineage of Kashmir Shaivaism ? There is another Kashmir Shaivaism lineage / school who still exist now ?

If you Google and study the books of leading authors in the field, it becomes clear KS is an intellectual obsession among a section of Indologists at this point and not a living practice.

Those who want to practice get into Shakta tantrism [particularly Sri Vidya] which directly drew inspiration from Trika & Kaula of Kashmir, and study KS to enhance their intellectual basis of the practice. Nepal may have shakti and shaiva cults which are still very archaic and close to KS in practice. But Newar ritualism is not open to outsiders generally.

This has been my understanding, of course there can still be an authentic lineage holder of Abhinavagupta's tradition but it seems highly unlikely.

People who have claim to be practicing Kashmir shaivism directly are Siddha Yoga Muktananda & Nithyananda. I will not place my bets on them.

Twilightdance
11 December 2012, 02:40 AM
In my opinion and experience authentic lineage is an over rated thing. New inspirations often hold much more trans formative power than old skeletal remains of a parampara. It was much more important in the past when only authentic source of knowledge was palm leaf manuscripts. But in this day of information, Abhinavagupta's criterion seem to hold less meaning and it would seem much better to look for siddha gurus, than an authentic lineage holder who has no power and siddhi. Don't go by my advice without your own judgement, but shaktism is a good and authentic alternative to Kashmir shaivism for practice.

shian
11 December 2012, 04:34 AM
is far i know is Shaktism, Srividya by Sri Amritananda Sarasvati
but i dont know the others

Twilightdance
11 December 2012, 04:59 AM
is far i know is Shaktism, Srividya by Sri Amritananda Sarasvati
but i dont know the others

Vajrayana is shaktism too ;)

caitanya
11 December 2012, 05:22 AM
- The lineage starts again abruptly from 1860.
- No trace of kaula ritualism in what Lakhmanjoo taught and practiced.
- Unlikely kashmir lineages were thriving practice surviving 1200 years with Islam overrunning Kashmir.

IMHO

- The lineage seems to start abruptly . Recorded history may have errors but the word of Sidhha cannot as he knows past present future

- Not everything needs to be given to people . Teachings are given as per desh kaal patra . Swamiji knows best what he practised and he does not need to let everyone know of his sadhana .

- Muslim rule supressed the sanatana dharma but it could not remove it . There were realised souls during those 1000 years and after their rule as well.

Shivoham

shian
11 December 2012, 07:34 PM
Some practicioner not tell everyone what they practice , what his / her daily sadhana, or sometimes they will tell us but only a part of sadhana. I have read some resources that say if we tell everyone about all of our sadhana, others will slander or become hindrance. And this is for the good of other, because if they slander or speak not right about the sadhana, they will get bad result. So is better to talk with the Guru, or (if you Guru ) to your close ( or choosen ) student.

But , i like Swami Lakshmanjoo explanation on Dharma.

shian
11 December 2012, 07:41 PM
There is many ancient Siddha and Yogis in India, Nepal and Tibet ( or other place ) who live in very strange, or maybe little strange for common people, then they teach us in very special way, this is make me amazed, then acctually awesome :)

One of Greatest Yogi and Who teach and guide us in special and uncommon way is Siddha-yogesvara, Lord Shiva :)

Bhairava
31 December 2012, 04:40 AM
If you Google and study the books of leading authors in the field, it becomes clear KS is an intellectual obsession among a section of Indologists at this point and not a living practice.

Those who want to practice get into Shakta tantrism [particularly Sri Vidya] which directly drew inspiration from Trika & Kaula of Kashmir, and study KS to enhance their intellectual basis of the practice. Nepal may have shakti and shaiva cults which are still very archaic and close to KS in practice. But Newar ritualism is not open to outsiders generally.

This has been my understanding, of course there can still be an authentic lineage holder of Abhinavagupta's tradition but it seems highly unlikely.

People who have claim to be practicing Kashmir shaivism directly are Siddha Yoga Muktananda & Nithyananda. I will not place my bets on them.

It is my living practice and you are right it is my obsession.