PDA

View Full Version : The J word

satay
13 December 2012, 12:40 AM
Namaskar,

Starting immediately, any new post that mentions the J word will be deleted.

Jesus has nothing to do with Hinduism and HDF. Based on history of usage of this word on the forum I can only remember that it has only caused misery on HDF, therefore, don't be surprised when your posts get deleted if you try to inject the word Jesus in posts on this forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ramakrishna
13 December 2012, 12:50 AM
Namaste Satayji,

THANK YOU!!!!!!

JAI SRI RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

charitra
13 December 2012, 08:10 AM
Excellent decision, some of us are running out of ideas and starting meaningless and unhindu threads here. They better go to J forums and debate there all they want.Namaste.

Kumar_Das
13 December 2012, 08:20 AM
Abit of a clamping move but nonetheless the God of the New Testament folks brought it upon themselves I'd say.:)

Jeffery D. Long
13 December 2012, 08:43 AM
I heartily, heartily agree!

Jetavan
13 December 2012, 09:20 AM
Not only the "J" word, but the "Y", "E", "I" and other forms (Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Greek, etc.) of the "J" word.

Jainarayan
13 December 2012, 09:30 AM
Two ideas:

1. Use the forum's software word censor to censor out those words/names. Old posters know about the sensitivity, new posters will get the idea. Then blow the posts away.

2. Blow away the forum that's closed for posting. It's closed because it's irrelevant. Leaving it up is, imo, like waving that proverbial red cape in front of a bull. Does it serve any purpose?

Take with a grain of salt.

Believer
13 December 2012, 10:18 AM
Namaste,

Not only the "J" word, but the "Y", "E", "I" and other forms (Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Greek, etc.) of the "J" word.
Dang, I was going to call him Isa Masih, or Yusuf's boy (with no J in it), but I guess that too is prohibited now? ;)

As a side note, there is a sub-forum called UNIVERSALISM. People who want to discuss universalism/new age pycho-babble/hybrid theology/goobligook Hindu-like personal faiths perpetuated by a deviant guru, should use that sub-forum and not pollute the other Hindu forums. Mr. Moderator, is that a fair request?

2. Blow away the forum that's closed for posting.
Wait a minute, your name is perpetually linked to that sub-forum as you were the last poster there. I would not take away your immortality by dropping that sub forum. :)

Pranam.

Jainarayan
13 December 2012, 10:35 AM
Namaste,

Dang, I was going to call him Isa Masih (with no J in it), but I guess that too is prohibited now? ;)

Apropos that, one could spend a few lifetimes ferreting out all the names and titles in so many languages to put into the censor. So maybe my idea is not so good after all. Just report what is deemed a post that violates the new rule. Most forums rely on the members to help police them.

Jainarayan
13 December 2012, 10:38 AM
Wait a minute, your name is perpetually linked to that sub-forum as you were the last poster there. I would not take away your immortality by dropping that sub forum. :)

Pranam.

I have no desire to live forever. ;) Besides, those were the days when I attempted to bring in a perspective from someone who's been on the other side of the fence. Clearly, in light of all the skewerings I got, I failed. :(

yajvan
13 December 2012, 01:41 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

I have no desire to live forever

..but you do live forever. It is the 'not knowing' that you live forever that is the fly in the ointment.

iti śivaṁ

Jainarayan
13 December 2012, 02:46 PM
Namaste.

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

..but you do live forever. It is the 'not knowing' that you live forever that is the fly in the ointment.

iti śivaṁ

Touché. ;) I just don't want to live in this life forever. Otherwise I'd never get anywhere.

yajvan
13 December 2012, 04:58 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Namaste.
Touché. ;) I just don't want to live in this life forever. Otherwise I'd never get anywhere.

Here is something to consider: this = That (tad ekam). Once that is completely realized then this is no- longer 'this' but is now That ( fullness). The differences (nānātmapakṣa) are now fullness (pūrṅā) and the play of That.

iti śivaṁ