PDA

View Full Version : A simple question...

yajvan
24 February 2007, 04:49 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,
Today I was reading information from Swami Krishnananda... he asks a very simple question that I found quite profound and thought to share it with you for your response and consideration.

What do you want to achieve?
What do you want to become?I will assume you will agree that there is a difference between achieving and becoming , yes? Between accumulating and transforming?

What are your thoughts on this?

tam yatha yatha upasate, sa tathaiva bhavati - what one adores so does one become.

pranams,

Zardozi
24 February 2007, 05:08 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~
Namaste,
What do you want to become?I will assume you will agree that there is a difference between achieving and becoming , yes? Between accumulating and transforming?

Namaste:
A very simple answer from me would be to be the beneficiary of the highest enlightenment information and perception as an accomplishment of achievement while being in control

The other answer which I have developed would be the Transformation of this human form into what I call its Ultimate Form.
seen as i designed below:

http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anatomicgastronomyadver7xu.gif

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=procreative3lt.gif

Zardozi

atanu
24 February 2007, 11:55 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

What do you want to become?tam yatha yatha upasate, sa tathaiva bhavati - what one adores so does one become.

pranams,

Pranam Yajvan Ji,

Nice questions. My answer is: To achieve nothing that I am already not. And to be what I am.

As Guru Ramana teaches: Be without leaving yourself.

Om Namah Shivayya

yajvan
25 February 2007, 08:26 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Pranam Yajvan Ji,

To achieve nothing that I am already not. And to be what I am.

As Guru Ramana teaches: Be without leaving yourself.
Om Namah Shivayya

Namaste AB MG and Zardozi

Beautiful responses,
there is no right answer... As one continues to unfold , one is compelled on becoming... one thinks of nothing else. It is said to capture THAT, by which all else is accomplished and known. That is, becoming that fullness, Bhuma, nothing is outside of IT, so all has been accomplished.
One cannot be forced to IT, its a natual unfoldment. If force is used, then one pushes back.
If one looks at one's day, how often is this Fullness, Moksha , Ishta on one's mind? ... tam yatha yatha upasate, sa tathaiva bhavati - what one adores so does one become.

pranams,

Ganeshprasad
25 February 2007, 03:24 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,
Today I was reading information from Swami Krishnananda... he asks a very simple question that I found quite profound and thought to share it with you for your response and consideration.

tam yatha yatha upasate, sa tathaiva bhavati - what one adores so does one become.

pranams,

Pranam

always aim high my folks would tell me and be content with what you achieve.

yam yam vapi smaran bhavam
tyajaty ante kalevaram
tam tam evaiti kaunteya
sada tad-bhava-bhavitah

Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body,
one attains that state, O Arjuna, because of the constant thought of that object (one remembers that object at the end of life and achieves it). (8.06)

http://www.asitis.com/gif/bump.gif
http://www.asitis.com/gif/bump.gif

Jai Shree Krishna

sm78
27 February 2007, 05:15 AM
Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, one attains that state, O Arjuna, because of the constant thought of that object (one remembers that object at the end of life and achieves it). (8.06)

... Die in peace ~ that's the goal. Only needs to be mentioned here is that:- if we haven't exerienced that peace while alive, the miracle is unlikely to happen at death.

Ganeshprasad
27 February 2007, 09:43 AM
... Die in peace ~ that's the goal. Only needs to be mentioned here is that:- if we haven't exerienced that peace while alive, the miracle is unlikely to happen at death.

Pranam

you know that was the question i asked many years ago how can death be so peaceful?

miracles are wishful thinking, we only remember what we cultivate all our life.

nasti buddhir ayuktasya
na cayuktasya bhavana
na cabhavayatah santir
asantasya kutah sukham

There is neither Self-knowledge nor Self-perception to those whose senses are not under control. Without Self-perception there is no peace; and without peace there can be no happiness. (2.66)

apuryamanam acala-pratistham
samudram apah pravisanti yadvat
tadvat kama yam pravisanti sarve
sa santim apnoti na kama-kami

A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of desires--that enter like rivers into the ocean which is ever being filled but is always still--can alone achieve peace, and not the man who strives to satisfy such desires.(2.70)

verses in between are good read also.

( JagMe aye, hum roye or jag hase, esi karni kar chale, hum hase or jagat roye)

Jai Shree Krishna