PDA

View Full Version : simple Logic:

Zardozi
27 February 2007, 10:00 AM
Namaste,
This seems like simple logic to me but a field where some things dont add up, this logical theory is questionable is it not? what are your thoughts?

"a Brahman should worship Lord Brahma as a Vaishnav should worship Lord Vishnu" Well, the others? They can worship lord Krshna or something, Im not sure.

Does it not make sense?

Zardozi

Agnideva
27 February 2007, 11:22 AM
"a Brahman should worship Lord Brahma as a Vaishnav should worship Lord Vishnu" Well, the others? They can worship lord Krshna or something, Im not sure.

Does it not make sense?

Namaste Zardozi,

Not sure exactly what you're asking, but I think you're asking about the worshippers of different forms of God. Very simply put, there are three major theological branches - Vaishnavism, Shaivism and Shaktism. Vaishnavas worship Lord Vishnu/Narayana/Vasudeva/Krishna/Rama as Supreme. Shaivas worship Lord Shiva as Supreme. Shaktas worship Shakti (Divine Mother) as Supreme. All three consider Brahmā as a secondary creator, the first born being who created the world. Liberal Hindus do not differentiate between Shiva, Vishnu and Shakti - all three are expressions of the very same Divine.

OM Shanti,
A.

Zardozi
27 February 2007, 11:44 AM
Namaste Zardozi,

Not sure exactly what you're asking, but I think you're asking about the worshippers of different forms of God. Very simply put, there are three major theological branches - Vaishnavism, Shaivism and Shaktism. Vaishnavas worship Lord Vishnu/Narayana/Vasudeva/Krishna/Rama as Supreme. Shaivas worship Lord Shiva as Supreme. Shaktas worship Shakti (Divine Mother) as Supreme. All three consider Brahmā as a secondary creator, the first born being who created the world. Liberal Hindus do not differentiate between Shiva, Vishnu and Shakti - all three are expressions of the very same Divine.

OM Shanti,
A.

AgniDeva,
OK so listen to this. I am a Gujarati - Vaishav caste. So that means I should be acknowledging Lord Vishnu/Narayana/Vasudeva/Krishna/Rama a the supremes? In fact right now my preferences by choice in supreme beings are in order: Lord Krshna, Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma, Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmi, Hanuman, Ganapati. And just lately, almost 30 years later I just heard of for the first time in my life, Lord Shri Nathji who is someone I have no idea of. Can you shed some light on him. Well those are what I call my Idolitical personifications of God, But to conclude in a final being, I believe in the concept of a supreme personality. Is there something wrong with this philosophical religious method of higher enlightenment?

Zardozi

Agnideva
27 February 2007, 12:03 PM
AgniDeva,
OK so listen to this. I am a Gujarati - Vaishav caste. So that means I should be acknowledging Lord Vishnu/Narayana/Vasudeva/Krishna/Rama a the supremes? In fact right now my preferences by choice in supreme beings are in order: Lord Krshna, Lord Vishnu, Lord Brahma, Lord Rama, Sita, Lakshmi, Hanuman, Ganapati. And just lately, almost 30 years later I just heard of for the first time in my life, Lord Shri Nathji who is someone I have no idea of. Can you shed some light on him. Well those are what I call my Idolitical personifications of God, But to conclude in a final being, I believe in the concept of a supreme personality. Is there something wrong with this philosophical religious method of higher enlightenment?
Zardozi

Namaste Zardozi,

First of all, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing. A Vaishanava is someone who acknowledges the Supreme Lord as Vishnu, and the primary focus of her/his worship is some form of Lord Vishnu/Narayana. If your first preference is Lord Krishna, then there are no problems there whatsoever :). Vaishnavism usually focuses of a Supreme Personality, and generally defocuses on the impersonal aspect (nirguna) that is more relevant to Advaita Vedanta. The term nirguna in Vaishnavism is interpreted differently to mean that that Lord is free from material attributes (the three gunas - sattva, rajas, tamas). You’ll come across never ending debates about these concepts on the internet ;).

As for Srinathji – He is none other than Lord Krishna as worshipped in Nathdwara in Rajasthan. The Nathdwara temple is a central temple and pilgrimage spot of the Vallabha branch (Pushtimargiya Sampradaya) of Vaishnavism. Check out this website (http://www.rajasthaninfoline.com/rinfo/nathdwar.htm).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
A.