PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For Me

Necromancer
07 February 2013, 06:35 PM
Namaste.

I am having Shingles for the first time in my life and I am so ill and painful with it.

Nothing the doctor gives me is working...(I am on Famciclovir and Oxycontin with topical hydrocortisone and that's all they can do).

I am in my 5th day now and I have pus blisters all over my back and right side. I can't sleep or eat. I cannot get comfortable in any position...it's the most painful, annoying thing ever!

I'd also like some Ayurvedic treatments if possible (I have been rubbing raw Aloe on the rash). Thanks

Aum Namah Shivaya

Viraja
07 February 2013, 06:43 PM
I sincerely pray to god to grant you a speedy recovery, Necromancer. :)

Webimpulse
07 February 2013, 06:44 PM
Namaste Necromancer,

Ouch. Sorry to hear of what you're going through. I'm not a medical expert, so I can't really do much for you except keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery on your end.

ShivaFan
08 February 2013, 12:34 PM
Namaste Necromancer

Your post has me so worried for you, of course all my prayers are with you in your sufferings! If you do not mind, I please ask Mother Shitala Devi to give you her cool healing and grace. I pray that your Lord be with you and see you through this endeavor.

Om Namah Sivaya

smaranam
09 February 2013, 01:49 AM
Namaste

Hope you will get well soon...

but surely, as spiritual aspirants, we know there is more to this.
The bhakta says to the Supreme Lord, "I know that having a body entails some reactions, but I shall look at this as an opportunity to practice Your teachings seriously - THAT I AM NOT THIS BODY.
I shall be patient and try to elevate myself this way.
I am in Your protection. I surrender to You.
I am aware that because You are with me, this suffering is much lesser that what it would have been otherwise.
I shall try to focus on You and not on the body and the pain it causes.
If You will be with me, and I know You always are, I shall meditate on Your presence as many moments during the day as I can."

A devotee of BhagavAn always looks at anything that comes their way as a sign or a hint for opportunity for service to Him, be it in the form of one's own spiritual upliftment. Moreover, they think that fortunately, since Bhagvan is with them, the suffering is much lesser that what it would have been otherwise. He alleviates it. He will.

-----

A prayer:
sarvetra sukhinah: santu
sarve santu nirAmaya
sarve bhadrANi pashyantu
mA kaschit dukham ApnuyAt
Om shAnti shAnti shantih:

May there be peace and happiness everywhere,
May there be no ailments (sickness) and inaupicousness
May all be showered with auspiciousness / happenings
May there be no sorrow, sadness
Om, May there be peace peace peace!

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

dhyandev
09 February 2013, 07:11 AM
smaranam
Is Necromancer suffering from what we call here 'mata' on the bodies of small children?

If yes then,here in India we keep the person isolation & use lots of neem leaves for beddings & in water for bathing.Applying any allopathic ointment is a strict no-no.

ShivaFan
09 February 2013, 11:14 AM
smaranam
Is Necromancer suffering from what we call here 'mata' on the bodies of small children?

If yes then,here in India we keep the person isolation & use lots of neem leaves for beddings & in water for bathing.Applying any allopathic ointment is a strict no-no.

Namaste Dhyandev - Shingles forms in lentil like blisters that initially starts as a rash. They can be very painful. It is caused by a virus, which is the same virus that causes “Chickenpox”. It is not related to any sexual transmitted disease or anything such as not being clean, rather when it occurs in adults it was due to the individual when a child had suffered from chickenpox. The child recovers, but the virus remains hidden and dormant in the nervous system and reappears in this new form that starts off as a rash. The adult is totally innocent, anyone who had chickenpox when a child may have shingles as an adult, this effects as many as 1 out of 5 adults who had chickenpox in the past. If a person has never had chickenpox, then there is a chance the person may obtain chickenpox from the infection of the person with shingles, but never shingles itself, and only if the blister is alive and not in the “crusting” or healing stage and there is only a small chance of this happening. But if the person already had chickenpox in the past there is no chance this will happen. The rash turns into bumps and blisters, and it takes two to sometimes four weeks for the blisters to heal (recover), for some this is for less period of time. A doctor will give antiviral drugs which will speed up the recovery, but all agree it is very important to keep the area clean. Recommendations on how to best do this is very helpful. - Om Namah Sivaya

Arjunesh
09 February 2013, 12:05 PM
I pray for you!

Necromancer
12 February 2013, 08:21 PM
Namaste. I sincerely thank you all for your prayers and keeping me in your thoughts. <3

I have tried the 'I am not my body' approach, but it's not helping. I am slightly better though. The rash has all but disappeared (thanks to L-Lysine and Aloe Vera Gel) but the pain has increased now (post-herpetic neuralgia).

I am at day 10 with this and I still have 2-3 weeks to go before I notice any significant pain relief.

Keeping busy also helps (when I can actually move).

Again, bless you all and I really appreciate this. The prayers are helping.

Aum Namah Shivaya

devotee
12 February 2013, 10:19 PM
May God grant you peace, love and happiness, Necromancer ! :)

OM

Vishal.koirala
12 February 2013, 11:53 PM
Jai Ganesh !
I pray to Ganpati bapa to give you strength to fight back!
Best Regards
Vishal Koirala

jnana shiva
04 March 2013, 05:06 AM
Necromancer I am praying for you, how I know that being paired with a body can be almost unbearable at times, I pray that any Karma you are burning will be slicked right off!! so you can emerge clean and whole, with little need for further pain, God willing. I'll keep you in mind during my day. ~jnana

Anirudh
04 March 2013, 01:31 PM
Namaste Necromancer,

May your Ishta Devata be with you and make you stronger. Be strong, don't worry or get frustrated. I ll ask my friend Sreeman Naaraayan to bless you the courage and will power to face the challenges ahead of you.

Viraja
04 March 2013, 01:39 PM
Friends,

I hope our friend Necromancer returns to the board. Last time, she said something like she wouldn't like to return to the board when one of her threads got deleted. Hopefully she is over that and over her illness too.

Necromancer
08 March 2013, 10:57 PM
Namaste and a kind thank you to all whom have posted here since my last visit to these boards.

If it were only one deleted thread, I wouldn't have been upset. It was quite a few deleted threads in a rather short period of time which led me to believe I was not welcome here anymore.

I would like to tell you how I am doing and how I feel, but I am not allowed to do that anymore, so I am sorry. I must remain silent, as a woman is expected to.

There's nothing about Hinduism I wish to discuss either, so I continue on my hiatus.

Aum Namah Shivaya

charitra
08 March 2013, 11:17 PM
Namaste and a kind thank you to all whom have posted here since my last visit to these boards.

If it were only one deleted thread, I wouldn't have been upset. It was quite a few deleted threads in a rather short period of time which led me to believe I was not welcome here anymore.

I would like to tell you how I am doing and how I feel, but I am not allowed to do that anymore, so I am sorry. I must remain silent, as a woman is expected to.

There's nothing about Hinduism I wish to discuss either, so I continue on my hiatus.

Aum Namah Shivaya
did you just say women are silent,
you mean when they are asleep right?

Viraja
09 March 2013, 11:39 AM

Aum Namah Shivaya

Necromancer,

I can tell you for sure that the mods have nothing against you. No, you are not expected to be silent being a woman :p It would be nice to hear your views. Please join back. Also have a wonderful MahaShivaratri!