PDA

View Full Version : unusual perceptions...

seekinganswers
21 February 2013, 04:16 PM
namaste, are there others that after meditating for some time have noticed almost semi-permanent alterations such as seeing optical illusions like a window move back and forth and also feelings as if one is lifting off the ground - notice feelings, never happened :)

smaranam
25 February 2013, 08:48 AM
namaste, are there others that after meditating for some time have noticed almost semi-permanent alterations such as seeing optical illusions like a window move back and forth and also feelings as if one is lifting off the ground - notice feelings, never happened :)

Namaste

What and Whom you see depends on many things.

In the Bhagavad Gita Shri KRshNa says "as you surrender to Me/worship Me, so I reciprocate" "yo mam prapadyante..."

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya

Believer
25 February 2013, 09:12 AM
Namaste,

That happens a lot......because the soul moves out and in.....
Pardon me, but you would be dead if the soul 'moved out' of the body. It connects with the higher powers during meditation, never leaves the body.

Pranam.

smaranam
25 February 2013, 10:07 AM
Namaste,

Pardon me, but you would be dead if the soul 'moved out' of the body. It connects with the higher powers during meditation, never leaves the body.

Pranam.
PraNAm Believer

Well, i think it is like a flash-second OBE... no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

By moving deeper and deeper into relaxation, one eventually encounters a "slipping" feeling if the mind is still alert. This slipping is reported to feel like leaving the physical body.

_/\_

Hare KRshNa

Believer
25 February 2013, 10:37 AM
Namaste,

The above referenced link, credible as it may be, has nothing to do with the SD meditation - the sub-forum under which the OP chose to post. Just pointing out the Hindu position Vs. whatever else is out there, billed as 'scientific study/research'. Not sure why a 'Krishan Bhagat' would draw upon such articles for posts in a spiritual forum?

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
25 February 2013, 08:03 PM
Vannakkam: A natural outcome of sustained meditation, (or bhakti, or lack of sleep, or medications,) is distorted perception. What it actually is could be many things. Unless you are some advanced yogi, and have a Guru who would know what it is, it is mostly conjecture.

The feeling of leaving the body could just be falling asleep with a bit of imagination. Who knows?

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
26 February 2013, 08:08 PM

hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Vannakkam: A natural outcome of sustained meditation, (or bhakti, or lack of sleep, or medications,) is distorted perception.

I have not found this to be true regarding meditation. In fact I find the opposite to be the case. With extended meditation, perceptions are clear, mind is clear, there is silence and ease. I find little distortion.

Yet I am a sample size of one. Yet when I have meditated with others ( 50 to 100 people over a long period of time) I have never heard of a complaint of distortion.

What then can I attribute this to ? Proper instruction.

iti śivaṁ

Eastern Mind
26 February 2013, 08:59 PM
Vannakkam Yajvan: I never meant it as a complaint. Perhaps the word 'altered' would have been better. It may well be, as you said, clearer. JUst a different perception arising, as like one's foot going to sleep, as a natural outcome of a sustained time in a certain position.

I don't speak to others about it, but there is 'something' in the facial expression of a bhaktar after worship as compared to before that is different.

Aum Namasivaya

jnana shiva
09 March 2013, 08:55 PM

Hi Seeking Answers:

Google "siddhis" (ignore the extreme ones). Even a beginner at meditation can experience siddhis. Siddhis are manifestations of purifying activities (such as meditation), and drawing near to the Lord in love. The divine Kundalini begins to purify our being.

The challenge is that this may stir up fear or ego (the things being purified).

Do not be afraid, these manifestations are normal.

Attempt to observe without participating in the ego's acrobatics as it tries to "understand" (i.e. take credit for) what is happening by seeking something to compare to, etc.

Siddhis can be challenging in that they tend to take the focus away from spiritual progress. Buddhists will tell you that it is best to ignore them completely. But I do not reject them. They come from Paramashiva, who is me. They emerge as consciousness, and dissolve back into consciousness. They are perfect.

So Siddhis aren't bad. They just are. How lucky you are to have the beautiful exquisite kundalini shakti visiting your meditations. Jaya Maha Devi Kundalini!

Anima Deorum
17 May 2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Seeking Answers:

Google "siddhis" (ignore the extreme ones). Even a beginner at meditation can experience siddhis. Siddhis are manifestations of purifying activities (such as meditation), and drawing near to the Lord in love. The divine Kundalini begins to purify our being.

The challenge is that this may stir up fear or ego (the things being purified).

Do not be afraid, these manifestations are normal.

Attempt to observe without participating in the ego's acrobatics as it tries to "understand" (i.e. take credit for) what is happening by seeking something to compare to, etc.

Siddhis can be challenging in that they tend to take the focus away from spiritual progress. Buddhists will tell you that it is best to ignore them completely. But I do not reject them. They come from Paramashiva, who is me. They emerge as consciousness, and dissolve back into consciousness. They are perfect.

So Siddhis aren't bad. They just are. How lucky you are to have the beautiful exquisite kundalini shakti visiting your meditations. Jaya Maha Devi Kundalini!

Namaste,

Thank you, everyone, for sharing your experience on these siddhis. I have been experiencing them during meditation, which I only just began a couple months ago. They come during temple meditation and meditation next to my home shrine. They tend to come after I have "blanked out" and relaxed for a bit (this can happen rather quickly). I start seeing clear images of the gods and cryptic symbols. I am usually disoriented when I open my eyes and my head sways and feels heavy. Sometimes I get very tired afterward. My perception of the visual world has also changed, but I'm not exactly sure how and am looking in to that.

Pranam