PDA

View Full Version : Cup of Tea

satay
10 April 2006, 11:28 AM
I love a good cup of tea.

I like to sit in the sun and enjoy every sip of it. I haven't done this in atleast 15 years!

satay

Singhi Kaya
10 April 2006, 12:05 PM
Poor you! I'm making a niece cup for meself now.

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 12:05 PM
i am more a coffee sipper. but in states the coffee is so corrupt with caffeine, i stopped taking it. but still indian coffee goes well into my system.

now where is singhi ? he has been offered a cup of tea by satay.

Singhi Kaya
10 April 2006, 12:06 PM
....and enjoy it all by meself

Namo Narayana
10 April 2006, 12:06 PM

does your cup have alcohol in it ? you seem to be found wanting of good spelling.

Singhi Kaya
10 April 2006, 12:07 PM
I'm here - back from office.

coffee sucks

Singhi Kaya
10 April 2006, 12:09 PM
does your cup have alcohol in it ? you seem to be found wanting of good spelling.

with or without alcohol, spelling mistake is unavoidable

(used word for the one above)

satay
10 April 2006, 12:26 PM
with or without alcohol, spelling mistake is unavoidable

(used word for the one above)

you know there is a spell checker in the editor eh?

satay

satay
10 April 2006, 12:27 PM

yes, it is poor me. Are you in india? I can never make a nice cup of tea here as the dabawalas make...

satay

orlando
05 May 2006, 04:19 PM
Namaste all.
I don't mean to spoil the original fun or this topic.There are vaishnavas here.They should know that we vaishnavas have not drink things like alcohol,coffee,tea,etc.
Regards,
Orlando.

satay
05 May 2006, 04:23 PM
Namaste all.
I don't mean to spoil the original fun or this topic.There are vaishnavas here.They should know that we vaishnavas have not drink things like alcohol,coffee,tea,etc.
Regards,
Orlando.

all vaishnavas that I know drink tea and coffee in india and here. This don't drink tea, coffee thing is an ISKCON thing...

ramkish42
05 May 2006, 05:56 PM
Lassi and buttermilk are better

satay
07 May 2006, 11:56 AM
Lassi and buttermilk are better

No doubt! Lassi with a bit of salt is my favourite but unfortunately, can't easily get it here in canada. If I make it myself it doesn't taste that good...:)

Singhi Kaya
07 May 2006, 12:13 PM
I like sweet lassi more than the salted one~which one is more punjabi??

But nothing comes close to british implanted tea with little milk.:)~one of the best good things out of colonialism;),

Thanks Satay for this new logo~it looks very good.

I'll take some more time before I start on the Shaktibad thread.

satay
07 May 2006, 01:13 PM
Hi,
The logo is done by Vedic_kings. He gave me two actually. We are going to keep this for a while and see how we get use to it. I also liked sarabhanga's logo.

I also want to change the overall site color theme and have all the file already modified by a designer and will be importing them in some time this month.

Lassi
My fav is with salt. The more punjabi lassi is with salt because of the hot summer days. Nothing tastes better when the electricity is gone...no fan, no nothing, the sun is hot and you are stuck inside the house and then your mom makes you a glass of lassi with a bunch of ice in it!:)

That's my fav cold drink but of course as I have already said...I love a good cup of tea also...time stops when you are having a good cup of tea.;) (may be I am being over dramatic a bit here but you know what I mean)

Bhava dasa
09 June 2006, 10:25 AM
all vaishnavas that I know drink tea and coffee in india and here. This don't drink tea, coffee thing is an ISKCON thing...
It's not about tea, it's about the stimulant in tea. There is nothing wrong with drinking an herbal tea, which has no caffeine.

satay
10 June 2006, 01:58 AM
It's not about tea, it's about the stimulant in tea. There is nothing wrong with drinking an herbal tea, which has no caffeine.

Could you please quote a line from vaishnava scriptures that translates to what you are saying about tea and the stimulant in it and that it is because of stimulant that tea is not allowed?

I want to see what the original sanskrit text is.

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
10 June 2006, 02:22 PM
In addition to Satay's request, I am curious also to know how caffeine is wrong for Vaishnavas to consume. If someone could list the material and spiritual reasons, I would be greatful. ~BYS~

satay
10 June 2006, 04:37 PM
As usual, there are no texts presented and just statements made due to whatever reason. As hindus we are either following our scriptures or we are not. We can't just change them around as we please!
Anyway, I am not asking for a hindu scripture line I am asking for a quote from ISKCON's vaishnava material where it says tea is forbidden.