PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Advaita

satay
23 April 2013, 10:14 AM
namaste,
Here is a site by one of our own members.

https://sites.google.com/site/understandingadvaita/

ShivaFan
24 April 2013, 11:39 AM
This is a great blog/page on Advaita background! Almost makes me wonder if I am a lazy guy not to take time to understand. Many thanks to the author!

"There are Giants around us, but we are too small to see them"

Om Namah Sivaya

kallol
25 April 2013, 12:31 AM
How come a path refined and redefined by many before and after Shankaracharya be worng path ?

I understand that people of different strata, different maturity, different background, different learning will have different way to move forward in the spiritual journey.

Nothing wrong in that and all paths are correct. However as scientist, I have been able to connect most appropriately with advaita. This philosophy is highly logical and easier to convince the ever questioning intellect. Yes it is diffciult to concieve or percieve with the constraints of the fiv senses we have and are attached to. But people with higher minds and ability to see the holistic views would be more inclined to follow this philosophy.

It is because of this path, many of the greatest scientists got interested in the hinduism philosophy. This is the only path that looks at Hinduism as a Science of Life and Creation. This is and will be a great source of guidance to the scientists through out the future.

Amrut
29 April 2013, 05:21 AM
Thank you Satay for putting my site on HDF. Thanks to all for visiting / commenting. I am no authority on spirituality and so site is my personal opinion. It is designed primarily for Advaitins, as I was disturbed when I came across some blogs, writeups on nets and on other forums. So I tried to gather info.

Whatever good you find in this moron and his writing is because of my Guru (and God's grace), whatever bad (including errors ;) ) are mine.

I do not know how much active I will remain. I just want to concentrate more on meditation.

Aum
Indiaspirituality