PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Friends

mirabai
14 March 2007, 06:35 PM
I would like to say hello and I am also very happy to have found this forum. I am looking forward to learning a lot from these discussions and in turn I wil try to share what I can.
My avatar is Mirabai because I look at her words and see my soul, and I look at her life and see my own.

An excerpt from one of my favorites:

"Fools sit on thrones as kings,
While the wise beg their bread.
Mira's lord is the courtly Giridhara:
The king persecutes the Bhaktas."

and another:

"Take my arm
and keep up your promise!
They call you the refugeless refuge,
they call you redeemer of outcasts.
Caught in a riptide
in the sea of becoming,
without your support I'm a shipwreck!
You reveal yourself age after age
and free the beggar
from her affliction.
Dark One, Mira is clutching your feet,
at stake is your honor!"

:)
Narayan

saidevo
14 March 2007, 10:01 PM
Namaste Mirabai,

My avatar is Mirabai because I look at her words and see my soul, and I look at her life and see my own.

Welcome to HDF! This is a unique for(u)m of self-expression. You can learn a lot here. May Sri Krishna guide you in your path towards Him.

Agnideva
14 March 2007, 10:35 PM

Welcome Mirabai :) and thanks for posting some of Mirabai's poems. I always enjoy reading Saint Mirabai's poetry. There is a famous bhajan (devotional song) by Mirabai which goes, "mere to giridhar gopal doosro na koyi" (It's only Giridhar Gopal for me, and no one else). This is my favorite!

A.

Ganeshprasad
15 March 2007, 04:48 PM

Narayan

Pranam & Welcome Mirabai

A great choice of the name.

Mirabai is one off my favorite, no need to learn any philosophy, her bhajan speaks volume.

Even today people sing the songs of Mira whom, forgetful of everything, was in love with Giridhar Gopal and offered herself entirely to Him. 'Mira Bhajan' has developed into a unique tradition in Indian Music.

Follow The Cowherd Boy
Her life stories, a very good read.

Jai Shree Krishna

mirabai
17 March 2007, 12:33 AM
Thank you Saidevo, Agnideva and Ganeshprasad for your kind welcome.
And so nice to meet other appreciators of Mira's poetry.