PDA

View Full Version : Sarabjit Singh (A prayer)

Viraja
03 May 2013, 04:47 PM
My heartfelt prayer goes to Sarabjit Singh, that he attain the highest heaven.

Poor farmer from Punjab, served 22 yrs in Pakistani prison for mere trespassing on Pakistani border, and now it seems as Pakistan says, he was not even attacked by fellow prisoners but by others who planned on murdering him and the worst part is that upon his death, when the body was sent to India, many of his body parts such as heart and intestines are found missing...

Believer
04 May 2013, 01:46 AM
Namaste,

I echo your sentiments Viraja.

He was a brave soul who was tortured and murdered just for who he was, an Indian.
The barbarians also did that to the Indian soldiers who were taken as POWs' during the Kargil war.

Pranam.

Believer
04 May 2013, 02:34 AM
Bump!

wundermonk
04 May 2013, 04:19 AM
He was a brave soul who was tortured and murdered just for who he was, an Indian.

I think it was not because he was "Indian". It was something else. I wonder what that would be. The people who tortured and murdered him were also ex-Indians before partition.

Stupidity is doing the same thing again and again and being surprised that the result is not any different from before.

Aman ki asha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aman_ki_Asha) anyone?

ShivaFan
04 May 2013, 10:46 AM
Namaste and BUMP!
Om Namah Sivaya

Obelisk
05 May 2013, 12:23 AM
It was indeed a horrible piece of news. I can only imagine what the situation would've been like if Sarabjit was an American citizen or something. He'd very likely have been rescued long ago. May he rest in peace. :(

I'm all for negotiation and peace, but that does not mean bowing down under pressure! Let's see how long it is before the Pakistani officials blare the usual "We'll nuke India if you dare to accuse us of this incident" threat, and our noble netas start squealing off. I'm ready to bet that at this point they only care about retaining their crowns in the 2014 elections. Add to this China practically usurping Ladakh and the appalling crimes against women everyday. There are times where you simply have to take solid action, and these people are failing spectacularly on all counts. I'm really worried about the future of our country.