PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

explorer_of_the_mind
15 March 2007, 08:43 AM
I just joined this site yesterday, because I am fascinated by Hinduism, and want to learn more about it. I also think the iconography of Hinduism is very beautiful. Personally, I am not Hindu; I practice Buddhism in my daily life, but I try to learn something from every religion. I'm excited to be a member of this site.

sm78
15 March 2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome

saidevo
15 March 2007, 10:21 AM
Namaste eotm,

Welcome to HDF. Being a Buddhist, it is nothing unusual Hinduism fascinates you; and HDF has plenty of it discussed, in all its facets. While you read them, do give us a comparative feedback vis-a-vis Buddhism so we can be benefited with that knowledge.

Ganeshprasad
15 March 2007, 01:03 PM
Pranam & welcome

let your excitement, remain for ever fresh.

As a hindu i have no problem saying

Buddham sarnam gachami

Jai Shree Krishna

Agnideva
15 March 2007, 01:10 PM
Welcome Explorer :)! Feel free to add from the Buddhist perspective to issues we discuss here. May I ask which vehicle your practices are primarily from?

OM Shanti,
A.

explorer_of_the_mind
16 March 2007, 02:14 AM
Welcome Explorer :)! Feel free to add from the Buddhist perspective to issues we discuss here. May I ask which vehicle your practices are primarily from?

OM Shanti,
A.

I primarily practice Vipassana meditation, which comes from the Theravadin tradition, and the Eightfold path, which is common to all schools of thought in Buddhism.

Thank you all for the warm hospitality.

satay
16 March 2007, 11:02 AM
namaste explorer of mind!

Beautiful handle! Welcome to HDF. We hope that you will share with us the teachings of Shakyamuni. I am personally very fascinated by his life stories and teachings. Shakyamuni or Gautama Siddhartha was a hindu kashatriya himself! :)

explorer_of_the_mind
17 March 2007, 11:11 AM
namaste explorer of mind!

Beautiful handle! Welcome to HDF. We hope that you will share with us the teachings of Shakyamuni. I am personally very fascinated by his life stories and teachings. Shakyamuni or Gautama Siddhartha was a hindu kashatriya himself! :)

I would be very happy to share his teachings with this forum. Buddhism, like Hinduism, is a very vast and complex religion, but it can also be very simple and down-to-Earth in other ways.