PDA

View Full Version : Bhairava and Kali

TrikonaBindu
16 May 2013, 05:21 PM
Namaskaram.

Would delete this thread, but don't know how. Reason is: Similar threads, titled Bhairava, were pursued in January 2013 and April 2007, recommended as fine, in-depth reading for those who haven't checked it out. Oh well, when it comes to topics like this, there's always the possibility of fresh insights. So here we go again....

I am requesting members of this forum to shine the light of their own insights and experiences on the wilder, scarier presentations of Devata. Specifically, I would like to hear why people are attracted to Kali and Bhairava. Here in the US, many people are attracted to Kali, but not so many to Bhairava. In fact, outside of this forum, I have never encountered a single devotee of Bhairava.

What is my personal interest in this subject? Well, it happens I am heavily invested in one aspect of Kashmir Shaivism, the philosophy of Pratyabhijna. However, for me there’s a definite disconnect from other aspects of Kashmir Shaivism, especially those aspects that feature Kali and/or Bhairava as significant figures.

Sometimes the best path to appreciating a Deity is to hear the sentiments of the Deity’s devotee. For example, I can "hear" the devotional poetry of Ramprasad, which softens me a little towards Kali.

Thanking all of you who are willing to reflect on this.

Sudas Paijavana
16 May 2013, 06:21 PM
delete

Necromancer
16 May 2013, 10:49 PM
Namaskaram.

Would delete this thread, but don't know how. Reason is: Similar thread was pursued in January 2013 and April2007.

I am requesting members of this forum to shine the light of their own insights and experiences on the wilder, scarier presentations of Devata. Specifically, I would like to hear why people are attracted to Kali and Bhairava. Here in the US, many people are attracted to Kali, but not so many to Bhairava. In fact, outside of this forum, I have never encountered a single devotee of Bhairava.

What is my personal interest in this subject? Well, it happens I am heavily invested in one aspect of Kashmir Shaivism, the philosophy of Pratyabhijna. However, for me there’s a definite disconnect from other aspects of Kashmir Shaivism, especially those aspects that feature Kali and/or Bhairava as significant figures.

Sometimes the best path to appreciating a Deity is to hear the sentiments of the Deity’s devotee. For example, I can "hear" the devotional poetry of Ramprasad, which softens me a little towards Kali.

Thanking all of you who are willing to reflect on this.
Namaste TrikonaBindu.

For me, this goes way back to my childhood in Bali and the first time I encountered Thaipusam in Malaysia.

The aspect of God I believe in has always been an image of total awe, reverence and dominance...displaying wrath if need be and more like a 'monster' than a benevolent creature...

I guess in the same mold as Jehova from the Bible...

Anything that can create tidal waves, volcanoes, meteors and things that can wipe out all life on Earth at the bat of an eyelid, didn't seem to me to be the kind of Deity who would be blissfully asleep in a cosmic ocean or sitting atop a mountain in meditative pose.

As you know, Lord Shiva has an active form and a passive form....the passive form doesn't seem to do much, but sit there and meditate...that is really quite boring imo.

In Bali, the Hindu religion is quite weird...it's like a fusion of Agama, Buddhism, Tantra, Animism and various regional beliefs and deities...like the Barong (a lion with sharp fangs) and fertility Gods and whatnot.

I would spend half the year in Bali studying and being raised in this culture and half the year in Australia, at ISKCON worshiping Sri Krishna.

In Balinese temples, there is nothing inside!!! No pictures...no Murtis...you may see the Barong or regional deities at the entrance, clothed in chessboard-patterned cloth (representing Yin and Yang)...they pray to nothing!

Most temples do have a statue of Bhairava somewhere though...around the building...as a Temple Guardian and protector of all who enter and dwell in there...Bhairava is also seen as Sanghyang Widhi Wasa and Maharaja Dewata...which in Indian Sanskrit translates to Mahadeva.

Having 'nothing' to worship wasn't acceptable to me as a child, so I started worshiping Lord Bhairava.

Thus, it became the way that Sri Krishna was the 'good God' and Bhairava was the 'bad God'...I loved them both equally...seeing them as two sides of the same coin.

In my mid teens, I started studying Theravada Buddhism...even going to the extent to learn Pali (I already had Balinese Sanskrit down after spending much time watching the Wayan Kulit - shadow plays of stories from the Ramayana and Mahabharata).

It was at this time, I read the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the Tibetan Book of Great Liberation...venturing into the Tripitaka...and the Priest, Monkey Spirit, Pig Spirit and Fish Spirit who brought those teachings from China to India...and yes, it was about the same time that 'Monkey' or 'Monkey Magic' was first aired on my TV set.

From the Theravada teachings, I was introduced to Avalokiteshwara or Mahakala...and I was like 'hold up, these images and murtis look just like those I saw of Bhairava in Bali'....bulging eyes...gnashing fangs etc

I discovered the relationship between Mahakala and Bhairava, culminating in the Divine Form of Kala Bhairava.

I left ISKCON when I was 19 (I joined when I was 15) to worship Bhairava full-time.

When you look at it, Bhairava is Mahakala and the feminine form (his wife) is Mahakali. They both go together. So, along with Kala Bhairava, I started worshiping Ardharnareshwara...the Tantric form of the Lord.

In the West (Australia), Bhairava wasn't worshiped, but Lord Shiva was. I started learning all the Shiva Mantras and songs, singing them every day. I had great love and respect for Kali Ma also, but I wasn't interested in Her...I loved Her 'better half' and knew I was going to incur Her jealous wrath, so I had to appease Her first.

When I returned to Hinduism, it was difficult. I saw all the images on the Internet of Lord Shiva...a blue creature sitting with half-closed eyes in meditation...I tried to feel and foster love for Lord Shiva in that form...but in the back of my mind there was a nagging thought that sort of went 'hold up, Lord Shiva doesn't look anything like that' (not that anybody knows what Lord Shiva 'looks like' of course).

Out of all the Ashtakams, the only one I never learned as a teen was Kalabhairavashtakam...I had Lingashtakam, Bilvashtakam, Shivashtakam, Rudrashtakam, Atmashtakam and everything else 'Ashtakam' down, but not that particular one...nobody ever taught me that one...

On YouTube, I heard it...saw it...saw the image of Kala Bhairava once more and breathed a huge sigh of relief going 'now, that's much better'!

Understanding (remembering) the 'basics' of Sanskrit, I could understand the words...I learned Kalabhairavashtakam...I fell in love with Bhairava all over again.

I don't know what else I can tell you, but that is my story.

My 'religion' or what I believe in is like the transcendental fusion of Buddhism and Hinduism...the common element of it (apart from Buddha being an Avatar of Lord Vishnu...which I still don't believe He is. More like a ploy...propaganda if you will for the religious leaders of the day to try and convert Buddhists into Hindus...or saying that Buddhism was already a branch of it) being Mahakala.

In the West (and in the East) the image of Lord Shiva has been 'romanticised' and tailored to the beliefs of the devotees...there's only a few of them I actually enjoy looking at...the rest look like they belong on the cover of a pack of agharbatti or a calendar hanging up somewhere in a shop...it was as if the image had already been 'oversaturated' in the public media.

I couldn't worship Lord Shiva in a form like that. I eventually 'compromised' though and started worshiping Lord Nataraja. As we all know, Bhairava and Virabhadra emerged from the Tandavam Dance...beheading those who had grossly insulted Lord Shiva (they fully deserved it). :D

So, that's basically it and that's why I worship Lord Shiva in this 'terrible form'.....there were quite a few Bhairava Fans on HDF before, but they all have left long ago...I can see why...as such, this thread will probably see no other replies than mine.

I have always thought to myself that if I must die, which is inevitable, I would want Lord Shiva to kill me...the last thing I want to see, is Lord Shiva.

Aum Namah Shivaya

TrikonaBindu
17 May 2013, 12:26 AM
Thank you, Necromancer! There is so much to learn just from the recollection of your fascinating personal history. For example, I would never have imagined the absence of a murti in the inner sanctum of Hindu temples of Bali. On the subject of Bhairava you have posted several times before, and each time it’s something fresh and unheard of. And it’s Personal, not just theoretical, which gives it emotional impact. Like the miracle of Kalabhairava re-entering your awareness on the exact date of His yearly festival, which at the time was unknown to you! Interested parties, please see: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=97692&postcount=17

Just as for you, Necromancer, also for me, the aspect of Shiva that impresses me most is His uninhibited exercise of omnipotence. As you said, “tidal waves, volcanoes, meteors and things that can wipe out all life on Earth at the bat of an eyelid.” That awesome Reality is emphatically what we find in the Rudram—along with the plea that the Lord show us His gentler side.

Why am I Shaiva, not Vaishnava? Because (from my POV) Vishnu primarily represents Dharma, i.e., the ethical imperative, which is so very necessary for humanity, but which is dualistic and non-ultimate. It seems quite appropriate to envision Narayana in a human-like form, because He represents the optimal human being/superhero, the person who protects Dharma in this world, while being at the same time fully Self-aware.

Shiva, on the other hand, is the source of Everything, all the opposites, light and darkness, good and evil, beauty and ugliness, peace and horror, humanity and inhumanity. For me, that Omnipotence is a reality beyond personification, and so I represent it to myself in the abstract form of a dot (Bindu). Even in my home shrine, the main Deity is a bindu/sphere in the form of a large specimen of tiger iron.

As for the husband of Parvati, the Devata with Ganga spilling from His dreadlocks, He represents to me the revelatory, grace-bestowing aspect of the Lord. The popular form of Shiva (the charismatic and eccentric yogi) does not replace the immensity of what Ishwara is. Simply He makes it possible for me to develop fervent devotion to That which could snuff out my little life in a split second.

Necromancer
17 May 2013, 01:20 AM
Thank you, Necromancer! There is so much to learn just from the recollection of your fascinating personal history. For example, I would never have imagined the absence of a murti in the inner sanctum of Hindu temples of Bali. On the subject of Bhairava you have posted several times before, and each time it’s something fresh and unheard of. And it’s Personal, not just theoretical, which gives it emotional impact. Like the miracle of Kalabhairava re-entering your awareness on the exact date of His yearly festival, which at the time was unknown to you! Interested parties, please see: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=97692&postcount=17

Just as for you, Necromancer, also for me, the aspect of Shiva that impresses me most is His uninhibited exercise of omnipotence. As you said, “tidal waves, volcanoes, meteors and things that can wipe out all life on Earth at the bat of an eyelid.” That awesome Reality is emphatically what we find in the Rudram—along with the plea that the Lord show us His gentler side.

Why am I Shaiva, not Vaishnava? Because (from my POV) Vishnu primarily represents Dharma, i.e., the ethical imperative, which is so very necessary for humanity, but which is dualistic and non-ultimate. It seems quite appropriate to envision Narayana in a human-like form, because He represents the optimal human being, the person who protects Dharma in this world, while being at the same time fully Self-aware.

Shiva, on the other hand, is the source of Everything, all the opposites, light and darkness, good and evil, beauty and ugliness, peace and horror, humanity and inhumanity. For me, that Omnipotence is a reality beyond personification, and so I represent it to myself in the abstract form of a dot (Bindu). Even in my home shrine, the main Deity is a bindu/sphere in the form of a large specimen of tiger iron.

As for the husband of Parvati, the Devata with Ganga spilling from His dreadlocks, He represents to me the revelatory, grace-bestowing aspect of the Lord. The popular form of Shiva (the charismatic and eccentric yogi) does not replace the immensity of what Ishwara is. Simply He makes it possible for me to develop fervent devotion to That which could snuff out my little life in a split second.

Namaste and thank you.

Yes, my friend. That 'coincidence' (although we both know it really wasn't) just totally shook me up. I knew from that exact moment Lord Bhairava was still in my heart and calling me to Him...but anyway..

'Triangle Dot'?

That isn't exactly a spherical shape.

Your name on here has been a conundrum to me ever since you joined. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

Necromancer
17 May 2013, 01:53 AM
By the way...

I have thought about your name before and contemplated upon it....It is like a Ko'an.

The closest rational idea I could possibly manifest was that of the Antahkarana.

One day...one day, I shall write a Laya Yoga treatise on here and discuss Kundalini Shakti and what Ardharnarishwar really represents...the union of Mahakala and Mahakali in the Sahashrara Chakra.

However, people on here think I am weird enough and I don't think that's gonna go down too well.

I'll wait for a while, until others (like yourself) learn more about me.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Sudas Paijavana
17 May 2013, 01:57 AM
delete

ShivaFan
17 May 2013, 01:20 PM
Namaste All
Excuse any typos, I am waiting for my car which is having a brakejob and I am using my cellphone.

I have a large circle of acquaintences, friends, coworkers, relatives, and associates of which there are hundreds of names, and even thousands or more faces, that are imprinted somewhere in my psyche. Just as with anyone else, sometimes I know a face but grope for the name. But surprisingly, most humans walk around with this huge "database" of faces and names without even realizing just how large these relationships, rememberances and recognitions are, even extending to not only other humans but sometimes even to individual animals.

Now consider the Devas and Devi. The ability to remember faces, and more difficult but within the reach of human and soul ability to give or recall a name to the countless faces, is considered by most as a desirable "muscle" or mindset, there are even training courses which offer enhancements to such ability. Certainly such ability has clear advantages. Many do not realize just how vast one can meditate upon, extend such ability which not only includes this specific ability but the ability of the human soul to extend mathematical and calculation unions and the ability to have multiple and valid perceptions simultaneously. Also our relationships can include spheres that include different relational-interlinked topologies of experience and sheaths that include the Devas and Devi, Whom are real.

What I am about to mention has nothing to do with a hierarchial structure of one Lord over another, which I want to make clear I have no interest in going down that rabbit hole and am requesting please do not turn this into that which is largely a waste of time since Hinduism is not about proselytizing. I am "inferior" as far as abilities to ALL the Devas and Devi even though I also accept that by devotion to your. Lord you can be "superior" to Them, that both simultaneous truths can exist at once side by side, and two simultaneous truths even if seemingly contradictory to our imperfect senses and perceptions and this is part of Siddha understanding

So without going into a debate ranking one of the Devatas over the next, you should respect them all but also understand that when having a more intimite relationship with One or the Other there will come certain expectations yuu will be accotntable for. For example if you become a devotee of Manasa Devi, She is very attached and possesive of Her devotees and will expect you to become Her slave. Also, do not forget, just as a human who is a Devotee of his or her Lord is considered "superior", do not forget the Devatas are very often a Devotee of another Devata or even a human or a Sura or even a mystic being, which gives "superior" status to the Devotee, keep in mind the English word "superior" is not the best word here. But if you insult one Deva or Devi, that One may be a Devotee of your Lord and being "superior" you have committed a grave offense.

Not which of to speak, it doesn't hurt to have as many Devas and Devi as part of your circle of relationships in general. Since They can see and do things which you are limited, you also will see multifaced benefits and experiences, such relationships are circles of different relationships and interlinks that coexist at once much like many yantras each with multiple interlinking triangles and all these yantra crossing into each other like spokes in a star or sheaths in a hologram, do not underestimate yourself if you have love and discipline and yoking of your focus of which focus does not mean seeing only one two dimensional moment of Kala or time.

And speaking of Kala, here is my brief mention of Kala Bhairava within one yantra. I would first briefly mention Kali Maa that She is very dear to me which has to do with my personal relationships within one "yantra" that has to do with West Bengal and also with certain devotees of Her, and even teachings of some Saints and mystics Whom have seen Her personally in the form of a young girl.

But back to Bhairava. Here is one "yantra" (not the specific or actual term yantra, but it works):

Imagine the word "Moksha" written on some clouds. Below that is the City of Light called Kashi in Varanasi with Ganga. This City, which is the Eternal City Never Foresaken by Lord Shiva, is sitting on top of a Trident. A hand holds that Trident, it is Lord Shiva.

All the Gods have come to Kashi to worship and have presence, or tirtha doorway, or to wait for you if you want to see. This Kashi has many circles or zones extending outward like rings in a wave when tossing a pebble into a calm pool.

On one of the rings is there the Kotwal or police chief of Varanasi. Yamaraj is the only Devata who does not enter past that ring. Yot may die in Kashi, but it wil not be Yamaraj Who will come.

The Kotwal is Bhairava. He is also known as Kala Bhairava. I love the Kotwal very much, my desire is to have my ashes thrown in the Ganga at Manikarnika "where the earring fell".

How many Devatas have come to Kashi?

33 crores of Gods. Being residents of Kashu in one manifestation or another, it is my hope to improve my face and name skills to know the face and a name for all 330 million. However this is a daunting task so it probably is impossible, but a nice consideration anyway. And admired skill set, even if I probably will"fail" the 33 crores mark, but better to know some.

This example "yantra" is only one humble one, but there are others. All Glories to the Kotwal of Kashu, and to also Lord Yamaraj Who isn't allowed in unless He uses a trickster manifestation or perhaps comes as a bhikshu renouncing (temporarily) His current duties.

Here is a nice link on the Kotwal:

http://www.svabhinava.org/Kotwal/kotwal-main.html

Om Namah Sivaya

ShivaFan
17 May 2013, 01:59 PM
Opps! 330 million (33 x 10M) not 33 million.
That's a lot! Jai Saraswati Devi!
Om Namah Shivaya

TrikonaBindu
17 May 2013, 04:58 PM
Namaste ShivaFan.

Both your post and the linked article are very meaningful to me. Had to read them slowly, twice. And will read them again. Your image of the yantra with its intersecting lines of relationship is very apt. After all, my contemplation of Shiva inevitably leads me to contemplate His relations with other Devata. Even though the Others do not occupy my central attention, They are nevertheless indispensable to me. I return again and again to Their images, Their stories, and Their mantras—because all of Them are revelatory and grace-bestowing. Above all, in our Hindu tradition, Their sacred stories are inextricably linked, such that to remove any one of Them would feel like an amputation. Tridev, Tridevi, Ram, Krishna, Hanuman, Ganesha, Kumaraswami, Ganga are firmly established in the “yantra” of my inner world.

But the reason I started this thread is that all these Devata of my inner world are contemplated only in their friendly forms. In these friendly forms, They are all alive in my imagination, as if prana pratishtha (enlivenment ritual) has been done. However, when it comes to the wrathful forms of Devata, although I may carefully contemplate Their forms, prana pratishtha never happens. Rather, I keep Them restricted to the realm of symbols. I never imagine Them as living entities. In other words, I exclude Them from the yantra.

So I thought I would reach out to HDF members who do not hesitate to bring wrathful Devata into their living imagination. And thank you for obliging me, ShivaFan. I was touched to read how Varanasi Kotwal Bhairava can function as a reassuring figure. Such testimonials have an emotional impact on me, even though my guard remains up.

Now just a couple (random) comments about the linked article. First, I am So Very Grateful for the explanation of the khatvanga (skull-on-a-stick scepter). From now on, whenever I’m reciting 108 Names of Shiva and I come to “Om khatvangine namah,” the phrase will fill with meaning.

Second, there was this passage: Abhinavagupta (a brahmin!) is proudly affirmed by the Kashmiri teachers to be Bhairava incarnate and he himself declares this identity in his hymns like the Bhairava-stava, where exultantly challenges Death: “O Death (= Time)! Do not caste thy gaze most terrible with anger on me; (for) steadfast in the service of Zankara and ever meditating on him, I am the terrifying power of Bhairava.

See, this is my problem, if I choose to make it a problem. It happens that the non-dualist scriptures of Kashmir Shaivam are (so I’ve been told) revealed by Bhairava. But I have studiously averted my eyes from all that to simply focus on the philosophical conclusions of Utpaladeva. Only this past week, at Yajvan’s suggestion, have I begun to read any of Abhinavagupta’s works. OMG, no wonder everyone describes him as a genius! Not that my guard is down or reservations removed.

Pranam.

yajvan
17 May 2013, 06:33 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Bhairava's name from a tantrālokaḥ point of view... He is beyond ~fearful~. Please consider this posting if there is interest:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17892&postcount=52

iti śivaṁ

TrikonaBindu
17 May 2013, 09:11 PM
Namaskaram Yajvan-ji.

Yesterday I read the post you just now linked. There you have offered the interpretation that the name Bhairava can signify Him who is the refuge of those who are timid and fearful. It's a very positive, consoling connotation.

Ordinarily, however, the name Bhairava conjures in popular imagination the terrible form of the Lord. When I search for pictures of Bhairava, what I usually find are deities with a fierce expression, fangs, and/or bulging eyes. It is beyond my emotional understanding why the Lord chose this form to deliver the non-dual teachings. But He did! Those are the facts of tradition.

I need to work with the situation as best I can, given my cognitive limitations and personal sensibility.

Pranam.

TrikonaBindu
19 May 2013, 02:36 PM
Namaskaram to all.

Just before the Great War commenced, Arjuna made a request of Krishna, who was his God as well his guru, cousin, and friend. Arjuna said, “If you think I am eligible, kindly show me your true form as the Lord of the Universe.” Krishna said, “Okay, I’ll make that possible for you.” So Arjuna, who was certainly among the most heroic figures of his era, got his wish granted. Yet even he could not endure the vision of Vishwarupa for than a few moments, and he begged the Lord to withdraw that Mega-Reality into His beautiful, smiling human-like form.

I suppose we can call that episode an Initiation, a transient but nevertheless transformative experience that leaves in its wake live possibilities for advancement in spiritual awareness. Now to come to the point: Demonstrably, in Arjuna's case, the friendly form of Krishna was fully capable to serve as the door of access to the wild and fierce reality of the omnipotent and uninhibited Lord who freely manifests all kinds of possibilities.

I would think that the vast majority of people find the friendly form of Krishna much easier to approach and love. And without developing love for God and trust in God, how to tolerate the Radical Fullness of God—and (more than tolerate) eventually come to know one’s very Self as That Fullness? When I read the news or even look around at the expanse of suffering in my own immediate environment, that for me is as much Bhairava as I can tolerate. After that, I am like the poet-seer of the Rudram, begging: “Please, please, show us your friendly aspect.”

Satyam shivam sundaram.

TrikonaBindu
20 May 2013, 08:51 PM
Namaskaram to all.

I’d like to provide links to earlier threads on the subject of Kali and Bhairava. As a newcomer I am enjoying the prolonged trek through many, many previous discussions held on HDF— and enjoying memorable vistas in the process. There is a wealth of knowledge, insight, and devotion to be found since the beginnings of this forum.

Iconography of Kali –Perfect symbolism, initiated by Sambya, November 2009
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4823

Bhairava, initiated by Agnideva, April 2007 http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352&highlight=Bhairava

Bhairava, initiated by Spiritualseeker, August 2012 http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9995&highlight=Bhairava

Enjoy!

Necromancer
25 July 2013, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by catnip
Namaste Necromancer

I hear that you are a devotee of Kala Bhairava, i have heard that He can turn fear into bliss... can you direct me to some resources so i can learn about Him? I have a lot of anxieties and fear and am curious about Him.

Thank you

Originally Posted by Necromancer

Namaste.

Sorry it took a while to respond.

He can indeed turn fear into bliss. He turns anything into bliss.

There aren't many/any resources to learn about Him. I learned about Him through MahaKala in Buddhism, which is also the name of Lord Shiva.

Maha Kala is Digambaram (sky-clad). He wears the universe as His ornaments...it's what we see when we look up at the night sky.

Kala Bhairava's vehicle is the hound and He is the planetary deity of Saturn. He can look rather fierce (in a cute kind of way), but also rather cute in a fierce kind of way.

Bhairava is Lord Shiva's esoteric form - originally created to behead Lord Brahma for His insolence, then recreated as Virabhadra to behead Daksha Raj...when ever there's any beheading that needs doing, Bhairava does it.

He is indeed a 'terrible' God, but much more than a 'boring' God. It takes a special kind of love to love Shiva in this form.

He has been with me since childhood and I have never been afraid. I have had moments of fear, of course, but never of Him.

Now, the feeling keeps growing - far beyond what I ever thought or could have hoped for.

There truly is no end to it.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Aum Bhatuk Bhairavaye Namah

Originally posted by Catnip
Thank you for telling me i think Lord Ganesha has stuck with me pretty close but i will look into Him

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

I thought I'd post that brief conversation.

Aum namah Shivaya

Necromancer
25 July 2013, 03:12 AM
Namaste.

Okay, here's how it all kinda goes with Bhairava...very simple analogy...

You're watching this boring, old movie. It's making you fall asleep until the 'villain of the piece' comes along and kills off a few really annoying minor characters (you can't say that Brahma and Daksha didn't deserve everything they got).

The villain is also very powerful and intelligent. Before long, you are thinking 'I don't care if he's going to destroy the world and me in it because he's just so damn cool!'.

He gets so close to setting off the 'Doomsday Device' and all you can say is 'do it...doooo iiiitttt!!!' lol

Until, of course the true hero of the piece shows up (why he couldn't have killed those annoying characters instead, you'll never know) and thwarts the villain's plans...however, in the case of this movie, the Hero and the Villain are one in the same....the Villain was acting on behalf of the Hero, so that made him a Hero in the end.

Too bad he still has to die and can't destroy the world (so He throws himself at the feet of his Wife to stop her from doing it instead as punishment).

Aum Namah Shivaya

Anira
26 July 2013, 12:55 AM
Namaste all

Necromancer - thank you for sharing your spiritual journey with us. It has really made me do some deep introspection into my life! Thanks again:)

In love and light,
-Anira-