PDA

View Full Version : Music of India/South Asia on Google Play

Webimpulse
21 May 2013, 02:11 PM
Namaste all,

I recently subscribed to the new All Access service of Google Play, which basically means for a flat monthly fee, I get access to all the music Google has. But I'm not here to advertise their service. Rather, I'm asking for recommendations!

Google Play has some music of India and South Asia in its library, under (predictably) the "World" section. But I honestly don't know where to start, except I do have one preference - something to soothe my frayed nerves and calm my heart. But I don't know which of the albums on there fit that category... :o

So if anyone knows what's on Google Music can point me in the right direction, please advise. Even if you don't, well, advise me anyway and I'll run a search on Google Play for it. 'Cuz my motto is: if you can't find it on Google, it doesn't exist!* ;)

*I'm obviously joking here

Believer
21 May 2013, 11:58 PM
Namaste,

Am not at all familiar with Google Play, but I would suggest the name Jagjit Singh. He has sung quite a few bhajans and lot of Bollywood type songs. His bhajans tend to be very soothing for the soul.

Pranam.