PDA

View Full Version : Nrusimha Jayanthi - 05/24/2013

Viraja
23 May 2013, 09:16 AM
Namaste,

Tomorrow is Sri Narasimha Jayanthi. Let us offer sattwiv foods/home-made sweets such as payasam (kheer) and worship Lord Narasimhadeva! This following blog gives very useful information on Narasimha Jayanthi - http://meerasubbarao.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/sree-narasimha-jayanthi-may-4th-2012/

You can find above the foods that are favorite for Sri Narasimha as well as the way to worship Lord Nrusimha.

http://www.itslife.in/wp-content/gallery/festivals/festivals-narasimha.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=narasimha&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=WyRnyQz_RdN0wM&tbnid=b8YjW0IMs668PM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.itslife.in%2Ffestivals%2Fnarasimha-jayanthi&ei=gCWeUZb1Efit4AO13oDoDg&bvm=bv.46865395,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNENZ2GBEYvSPKbWfGFPCaVVpDiq6A&ust=1369405140107270)

The following mantra when recited 48 times for 11 subsequent weeks on Sunday during Rahu-kala (4:30 pm - 6:00 pm) would bestow all favored results on a native:

Ugram veeram mahavishnum
jwalantham sarvathomukam |
narasimham bheeshanam badram
mrityu mrityum namamyaham ||

Happy Nrusimha Jayanthi to everyone!

Hare Krishna!

jignyAsu
24 May 2013, 07:58 AM
Happy Narasimha Jayanthi to everyone!

The incident that comes to memory today is how a very young lad confidently approaches the lord who had assumed a terrible Form, when even devas were afraid of approaching Him.

As in http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto7/chapter9.html Text 15,16, He says:

I myself am not afraid, o Invincible One, of Your fearsome mouth, tongue, flashing eyes and frowning face, Your strong ferocious teeth or garland of intestines and bloody manes, Your pointed ears,Your roar that even scares the elephants or the nails that pierced the enemy.

I do fear, o Merciful Father of Care, that intolerable, ugly repetition of birth and death, to be thrown into the miserable condition of living among predator-people, to be bound to the actions and reactions of karma, o Insurmountable One; when will I, with You being pleased with me at the soles of Your feet, the refuge in this ocean of matter, be called back to You?

Keeping Prahlada in front, may we ,too, be relieved of this painful samsara and attain the Highest bliss.

dharamsingh
30 May 2013, 01:44 AM
Narsingh Bhagwan has always protected His devotees. May He bless us with the gift of His Bhakti.

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਚਾਰਿ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਚਾਰੈ ਸਿਧਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਕੈ ਦੂਲਹ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਸਰਨਿ ਪਰਿਓ ॥
चारि मुकति चारै सिधि मिलि कै दूलह प्रभ की सरनि परिओ ॥
Cẖār mukaṯ cẖārai siḏẖ mil kai ḏūlah parabẖ kī saran pari▫o.
I have obtained the four kinds of liberation, and the four miraculous spiritual powers, in the Sanctuary of God, my Husband Lord.

ਮੁਕਤਿ ਭਇਓ ਚਉਹੂੰ ਜੁਗ ਜਾਨਿਓ ਜਸੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਮਾਥੈ ਛਤ੍ਰੁ ਧਰਿਓ ॥੧॥
मुकति भइओ चउहूं जुग जानिओ जसु कीरति माथै छत्रु धरिओ ॥१॥
Mukaṯ bẖa▫i▫o cẖa▫uhū▫aʼn jug jāni▫o jas kīraṯ māthai cẖẖaṯar ḏẖari▫o. ||1||
I am liberated, and famous throughout the four ages; the canopy of praise and fame waves over my head. ||1||

ਰਾਜਾ ਰਾਮ ਜਪਤ ਕੋ ਕੋ ਨ ਤਰਿਓ ॥
राजा राम जपत को को न तरिओ ॥
Rājā rām japaṯ ko ko na ṯari▫o.
Meditating on the Sovereign Lord God, who has not been saved?

ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਗਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਿਓ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
गुर उपदेसि साध की संगति भगतु भगतु ता को नामु परिओ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Gur upḏes sāḏẖ kī sangaṯ bẖagaṯ bẖagaṯ ṯā ko nām pari▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Whoever follows the Guru's Teachings and joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is called the most devoted of the devotees. ||1||Pause||

ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਬਿਰਾਜਿਤ ਦੇਖਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪੁ ਜਮੁ ਡਰਿਓ ॥
संख चक्र माला तिलकु बिराजित देखि प्रतापु जमु डरिओ ॥
Sankẖ cẖakar mālā ṯilak birājiṯ ḏekẖ parṯāp jam dari▫o.
He is adorned with the conch, the chakra, the mala and the ceremonial tilak mark on his forehead; gazing upon his radiant glory, the Messenger of Death is scared away.

ਨਿਰਭਉ ਭਏ ਰਾਮ ਬਲ ਗਰਜਿਤ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਸੰਤਾਪ ਹਿਰਿਓ ॥੨॥
निरभउ भए राम बल गरजित जनम मरन संताप हिरिओ ॥२॥
Nirbẖa▫o bẖa▫e rām bal garjiṯ janam maran sanṯāp hiri▫o. ||2||
He becomes fearless, and the power of the Lord thunders through him; the pains of birth and death are taken away. ||2||

ਅੰਬਰੀਕ ਕਉ ਦੀਓ ਅਭੈ ਪਦੁ ਰਾਜੁ ਭਭੀਖਨ ਅਧਿਕ ਕਰਿਓ ॥
अम्बरीक कउ दीओ अभै पदु राजु भभीखन अधिक करिओ ॥
Ambrīk ka▫o ḏī▫o abẖai paḏ rāj bẖabẖīkẖan aḏẖik kari▫o.
The Lord blessed Ambreek with fearless dignity, and elevated Bhabhikhan to become king.

ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਠਾਕੁਰਿ ਦਈ ਸੁਦਾਮੈ ਧ੍ਰੂਅ ਅਟਲੁ ਅਜਹੂ ਨ ਟਰਿਓ ॥੩॥
नउ निधि ठाकुरि दई सुदामै ध्रूअ अटलु अजहू न टरिओ ॥३॥
Na▫o niḏẖ ṯẖākur ḏa▫ī suḏāmai ḏẖarū▫a atal ajhū na tari▫o. ||3||
Sudama's Lord and Master blessed him with the nine treasures; he made Dhroo permanent and unmoving; as the north star, he still hasn't moved. ||3||

ਭਗਤ ਹੇਤਿ ਮਾਰਿਓ ਹਰਨਾਖਸੁ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਰੂਪ ਹੋਇ ਦੇਹ ਧਰਿਓ ॥
भगत हेति मारिओ हरनाखसु नरसिंघ रूप होइ देह धरिओ ॥
Bẖagaṯ heṯ māri▫o harnākẖas narsingẖ rūp ho▫e ḏeh ḏẖari▫o.
For the sake of His devotee Prahlaad, God assumed the form of the man-lion, and killed Harnaakhash.

ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਬਸਿ ਕੇਸਵ ਅਜਹੂੰ ਬਲਿ ਕੇ ਦੁਆਰ ਖਰੋ ॥੪॥੧॥
नामा कहै भगति बसि केसव अजहूं बलि के दुआर खरो ॥४॥१॥
Nāmā kahai bẖagaṯ bas kesav ajahūʼn bal ke ḏu▫ār kẖaro. ||4||1||
Says Naam Dayv, the beautiful-haired Lord is in the power of His devotees; He is standing at Balraja's door, even now! ||4||1||