PDA

View Full Version : Jayaram V Selected Upanishads now released

ShivaFan
25 May 2013, 01:00 AM
Namaste

No doubt, there are many Sanscrit/Devanagri with English translation editions of the Upanishads, and some are frankly average in nature, others are of significance.

The much anticipated release of the Jayaram V English translation with Sanscrit/Devanagri script and selected commentaries (in the form of explanatory notes) of the SELECTED UPANISHADS, the BRIHADARNYAKA UPANISHAD and the CHANDOGYA UPANISHAD have been released, I ordered the complete set which arrived little over a week ago.

I have been spending evenings in bliss reading the Jayaram V translation of Selected Upanishads, and will be reading the Brihadarnyaka and Chandogya translations afterwards.

The Selected Upanishad translations are significant in contribution and content, definitely a recommendation and ready to pace even a beginner of Hinduism into the Knowledge of the Upanishads. Simply superb and a valued addition to my personal library.

Right away I went directly to my favorite Upanishad, or more specifically my most favorite Chapter which is Chapter 3 Section 1 of the Mundaka Upanishad "Truth Alone Triumphs".

I just have to say, the translation was historic and returning to this Chapter after a leave of some time from this significant Upanishad and Chapter, well it took my breath away if you will. I cannot keep from re-reading it, and now I want to memorize both the original verses as well as the English translation of this Mundaka Upanishad Chapter 3 Section 1.

Here is a link where the Selected Upanishads by Jayaram V can be purchased, the same vendor sell his translations of the Brihadarnyaka and Chandogya Upanishad:

http://www.purelifevision.com/products/selected-upanishads.html

There are 14 Upanishads in the "Selected" including the Tattiriya and Svetasvatara Upanishad. He even includes the Vajrasucika Upanishad which he makes clear in a preface may have been authored by Buddhists.

This collection is a masterful work.

Om Namah Shivaya

TrikonaBindu
25 May 2013, 08:38 PM
Namaste ShivaFan.

Thanks for posting this notice. For years I have been downloading stotras from Jayaram V. I had no idea he had published any books. God bless this gentleman to continue many many years in his wonderful work! I am so grateful to him.

I ordered Selected Upanishads today through Amazon, which connects up with purelifevision, where you get the cheaper price. Direct from Amazon it costs more.