PDA

View Full Version : Vedic Wedding Training by Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan

Jeffery D. Long
02 July 2013, 08:00 AM
Dear Friends,

This is an excellent training program developed by my good friend and teacher, Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan. Please see details below if you are interested.

Training Priests or Lay Officiants to Perform Hindu Weddings
Conducted by Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan
***Prospective Priests
performing a Vedic Wedding Ceremony, this event is for you!
Dates in Summer (July 27-28) to suit your convenience
Inquire at sheenuav@yahoo.com

In this workshop you will learn Vedic based approach to an hour long ceremony.
How to interpret and convey the meaning of these steps to non-Hindus
How to chant Sanskrit mantras
How to engage the audience in the ceremonies
How to incorporate family traditions and regional variations
How to plan and conduct a rehearsal
How to help assemble, organize and use materials needed
How to plan, organize and perform Pujas special to the bride and the groom
Dr. Srinivasan has many decades of experience in performing Hindu weddings and is the author of THE VEDIC WEDDING: Origins, Tradition and Practice - winner of the USA Book News 2007 Best Book Award - and Hinduism for Dummies.
Visit www.indianweddings.us.com and http://cdbaby.com/cd/avsrinivasan to listen to some mantras.
Registration fee: $150/couple (includes lunch). Registrants will receive the reference book (Hindu Wedding: The Guide (foreword by Swami Anubhavanandaji)) at the conference (retail value $24.00) and a CD of the mantras ($16).

Payment: via PayPal.com at www.periplusbooks.com or mail your check to Periplus Line LLC, Attn: Conference, P.O. Box 56, East Glastonbury, CT 06025-0056.
Direct all enquiries to sheenuav@yahoo.com or mywedding@indianweddings.us.com

Sudas Paijavana
02 July 2013, 12:42 PM
delete

ShivaFan
02 July 2013, 08:16 PM
Namaste Jeffery
I just wanted to let you know, not only do I enjoy the information and shared website, but I just ordered one of the authors books from Amazon:

"Hindu Wedding: The Guide" by A. V. Srinivasan

And a good price at $24.93 including shipping.

I look forward to reading, certainly valuable when later I marry off my daughter, after she completes her studies and gets started in her career.

Om Namah Sivaya

Jeffery D. Long
03 July 2013, 08:49 AM
Mr. Jeffrey, you are the man!

JAI SHRI RAM!

Jai Shri Ram, Sudasji!

Jeffery D. Long
03 July 2013, 09:40 AM
Namaste Jeffery
I just wanted to let you know, not only do I enjoy the information and shared website, but I just ordered one of the authors books from Amazon:

"Hindu Wedding: The Guide" by A. V. Srinivasan

And a good price at $24.93 including shipping.

I look forward to reading, certainly valuable when later I marry off my daughter, after she completes her studies and gets started in her career.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste ShivaFan,

Thank you for letting me know that you appreciated the information on the website. Dr. Srinivasan's wedding guide was absolutely essential on the two occasions that I have had the privilege of officiating at Vedic weddings, and the in-person training was the best of all. His work is endorsed both by traditional Vedic scholars and academic scholars alike--and quite rightly so.

My best wishes to you and to your daughter.