PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

rkannan1
11 April 2006, 12:38 AM
Hi to everybody,

This is a very clean forum. I am going to stick here as I think it is more constructive to learn the diverse traditions within Hinduism.

Ofcourse I was invited by Satay.

I will be presenting what little I know about Dvaita philosophy here.

Hari Bol.

satay
11 April 2006, 01:05 AM
Hi to everybody,

This is a very clean forum. I am going to stick here as I think it is more constructive to learn the diverse traditions within Hinduism.

Ofcourse I was invited by Satay.

I will be presenting what little I know about Dvaita philosophy here.

Hari Bol.

Hello and Welcome to the forums Kannan. Nice to see you posting here.

Enjoy,
satay

sarabhanga
11 April 2006, 04:00 AM
Thus saith King Priyadarsi (Ashoka):

This record relating to Dharma has been caused to be written by me on stone … that it may last a long time and that my sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons, may conform to it for the welfare of all men.

The growth of the essentials of Dharma is possible in many ways. But its root lies in restraint in regard to speech, which means that there should be no extolment of one’s own sect or disparagement of other sects on inappropriate occasions and that it should be moderate in every case, even on appropriate occasions. On the contrary, other sects should be duly honored in every way on all occasions.

Truly, if a person extols his own sect and disparages other sects with a view to glorifying his sect owing merely to his attachment to it, he injures his own sect very severely by acting in this way.

This is indeed the desire of Devanamapriya, that persons of all sects become well-informed about the teachings of different Dharmas, and acquire pure knowledge.

rkannan1
11 April 2006, 02:24 PM
Thus saith King Priyadarsi (Ashoka):

This record relating to Dharma has been caused to be written by me on stone … that it may last a long time and that my sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons, may conform to it for the welfare of all men.

The growth of the essentials of Dharma is possible in many ways. But its root lies in restraint in regard to speech, which means that there should be no extolment of one’s own sect or disparagement of other sects on inappropriate occasions and that it should be moderate in every case, even on appropriate occasions. On the contrary, other sects should be duly honored in every way on all occasions.

Truly, if a person extols his own sect and disparages other sects with a view to glorifying his sect owing merely to his attachment to it, he injures his own sect very severely by acting in this way.

This is indeed the desire of Devanamapriya, that persons of all sects become well-informed about the teachings of different Dharmas, and acquire pure knowledge.

Thank you for your advise Sarabhanga. This is a very nice quote and I will try to follow it.

Hopefully I did not do anything bad like this here. If I does appear like that my sincere apologies. That is surely not my intent.

Hari Bol.

sarabhanga
12 April 2006, 09:01 PM
Namaste Kannan,

I posted this as a reminder to all of us.

And this in response to your offer to share your knowledge of Dvaita philosophy.

Here on HinduDharmaForums, we now have correspondents who are versed in a number of different paths, and we can all benefit from some understanding of all of these perspectives on Dharma. :)