PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all of you, Om shanti

Hiwaunis
19 March 2007, 10:36 PM
I'd like to say to you all how blessed you are to be chosen to carry the devine, absolute truth to the rest of the world. In my eyes Hindu's are the true chosen people. Thank you for remaining a humble example of how the rest of us should live.
Hiwaunis

Agnideva
20 March 2007, 09:41 AM
Namaste Hiwaunis, and welcome to HDF :). I look forward to your posts.

In my eyes Hindu's are the true chosen people.
This is an interesting opinion, Hiwaunis. May I ask what you mean here? What's even more interesting is that Hindus actually do not have the concept of chosen people, as such ;).

OM Shanti,
A.

Hiwaunis
20 March 2007, 01:47 PM
Namaste Agnideva,
My religious foundation is Christianity. I was taught that the Jewish people believed that they were God's chosen people. I've have met a lot of Christians who think that (believing in Jesus) they are God's chosen people and the rest of us will perish in an actual lake of fire, eternally.

Hindu's carry the knowledge of the true self, the eternal soul. I was not taught this truth until I started studying Hinduism.

It is very refreshing to know that Hindu's do not have the concept of being the chosen people.

Agnideva
20 March 2007, 04:50 PM
Namaste Hiwaunis,

Thanks for the reply.

My religious foundation is Christianity. I was taught that the Jewish people believed that they were God's chosen people. I've have met a lot of Christians who think that (believing in Jesus) they are God's chosen people and the rest of us will perish in an actual lake of fire, eternally.
Hindu's carry the knowledge of the true self, the eternal soul. I was not taught this truth until I started studying Hinduism.
I suspected this is what you meant ;). I like to believe that it is not the Divine who choses to bestow special grace onto a certain group of people, but rather each one of us chooses to know the Divine, and becomes a "chosen" person.

It is very refreshing to know that Hindu's do not have the concept of being the chosen people.In fact if you were to ask what we believe happens to people who are not Hindus after death, the answer is the same as what happens to Hindus after death! :) In other words, the doctrine of karma, dharma and reincarnation are universal, they don't just apply to people who believe in Hindu Dharma.

OM Shanti,
A.