PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the UK

SeekingPeaceOfMind
17 July 2013, 11:59 AM
Namaste,

I have been a spiritual seeker for quite some time, I have researched quite a few paths and practiced quite a few also. I have never really found what I'm looking for and as I matured I realized what my ultimate goals in life were and that they are in line with much of what Hinduism is.

I believe in God, I know that I love God, I just don't know who God is. I also believe that there is more to me then who I am now, there is a me which is beyond words and I believe that this state is possible for any person to attain. Karma is also a belief of mine as there are obvious patterns in my life, very obvious patterns. This then leads to my belief in Moksha.

I mentioned that I don't know who God is because I genuinely don't and I'm not sure just how many rules one need apply to make the most out of this life to attain Moksha and essentially an elevated state of consciousness.

I'm still searching for my Ishta Devata(s), I'm drawn to many, such as Ganesh, Krishna, Rama, Saraswati and possibly Shiva.

There's a lot of work to be done on my part, as of right now I am making it a habit to meditate twice daily to help create a clearer mind for approaching this, I was born and raised in a white, western household where religion was scarce yet the past couple of years I've felt as though I should have been born into an Indian family, my love for the country, culture and Hindu religion goes so far!

I hope to get to know you all more and hopefully learn more and find some support as I make ground in this wonderful faith.

All the best.

p.s, in the forums just reply @mind or something, there's no need to type my long username in. :)

Sudas Paijavana
17 July 2013, 06:47 PM
Namaste,

Welcome!

Ashcooper
17 July 2013, 06:56 PM
Hello there, :)
Your not alone at least, I came to this forum for exactly the same reasons that you did.
Ganesha came to me later, and now I don't know what I ever did without him.
The best advice I had was to youtube lectures of yogis and gurus, osho is an interesting place to start, aswel as background research on India origins which completely destroy the western ideals of evolution not completely, but in the history of man's perspective, there are some very enlightening facts verified in India china and japan that have completely skipped western ears for centuries.

peace out.
:)

Eastern Mind
17 July 2013, 11:26 PM
Vannakkam and Welcome to these forums, Seeking.

Aum Namasivaya

SeekingPeaceOfMind
18 July 2013, 04:36 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcomes :)

revati9
21 July 2013, 07:58 PM
Namaste and welcome :)

I was born and raised in a white, western household where religion was scarce yet the past couple of years I've felt as though I should have been born into an Indian family, my love for the country, culture and Hindu religion goes so far!

My experience has been a lot like this. I have even recalled little signs from my early childhood of being drawn to Sanatana Dharma and Bharat Mata. Good for you for beginning to grow spiritually and increase your knowledge!