PDA

View Full Version : Ganesh Mantra

SeekingPeaceOfMind
17 July 2013, 12:34 PM
Hi all,

I don't have an Ishta Devata just yet but I feel drawn to Ganesh in order to work though some obstacles. If anyone could advise me on how best to use his mantra 'Om Gum Ganapatayei namaha' it would be very much appreciated.

You see I have more then one obstacle and I'm feeling a tad confused about where I want to be going in life as in recent years no matter how hard I've tried things just didn't work out or go to plan. I just wish things could fall into place as I want to create a secure foundation in order to move onto more lofty spiritual pursuits. I don't want to sound as though I am 'using' Ganesh either as to be honest I know that I have a fondness and liking for him I just don't know if he could also grant me my ultimate goal which is Moksha! (I also like Krishna, Rama and Saraswati, possibly Shiva too.)

So my question is, can I chant this in a general manner and submit to Ganesh for him to find the right pathways for me into a happier more successful life or do I need to focus on a specific thing such as 'a job' and then move onto other areas in need of attention? Sometimes I wish I was placed into an Ashram as a child but in the West that wasn't going to happen and I need to think practical at this point in my life.

My thanks and gratitude.

catnip
18 July 2013, 12:43 PM
Namaste SeekingPeaceOfMind!

I am new to this too. I have accepted Lord Ganesha as my Ishta Devata and i find he gives me little signs on what to do, and where to go with what. Its a little hard to explain, but if you say the mantra with the focus of letting Him work out the kinks in your life and removing the obstacles, basically surrendering to Him and telling Him, "please show me the way" he will! All He wants in exchange is your devotion! Keep looking out for little signs from Him and follow them, He'll show you the way :) This is just my opinion based on my experience btw! I wish you well!

Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

SeekingPeaceOfMind
18 July 2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you for your response Catnip,

Its a little hard to explain, but if you say the mantra with the focus of letting Him work out the kinks in your life and removing the obstacles, basically surrendering to Him and telling Him, "please show me the way" he will!

This is essentially how I am going about it, I did my first sitting today and it went fine, I feel the more I chant the clearer my goals and aspirations will be and hopefully with the help of Ganesh they will be easier to accomplish.

Thanks once again and all the best!

p.s, I checked out your profile and stumbled across your fledgling blog and I think you should keep posting, it's been awhile since you last posted, perhaps some updates on how your devotion for Ganesh has grown/changed/matured etc would be nice? It is of course you decision however, I understand that a special bond sometimes requires some secrecy and sanctity, it's your decision.