PDA

View Full Version : hand position

DMartyr
19 July 2013, 11:34 PM
Namaste,
i have been meditating with my girlfriend for about 2 months now. we have kept a good amount of it on a daily basis, however due to a broken arm as a child i cant hold my arms comfortably in the normal meditative pose, cradling my hands, and having them in a downword cupping my knees position makes me "feel" too much for meditation, any help? i read mindfullness in ever breath and learned from there and have had a good time with the meditation practice and can see the diffrence in my GF and I, i just need to figure this out. currently the most comfortable sitting pose for me is quarter lotus, both feet on the ground knees touching. thank you guys in advance for any advice, (ps i thought i should add holding my hands in prayer is too much work to free my mind)

yajvan
22 July 2013, 08:45 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Namaste,
i have been meditating with my girlfriend for about 2 months now. we have kept a good amount of it on a daily basis, however due to a broken arm as a child i cant hold my arms comfortably in the normal meditative pose, cradling my hands, and having them in a downword cupping my knees position makes me "feel" too much for meditation, any help? i read mindfullness in ever breath and learned from there and have had a good time with the meditation practice and can see the diffrence in my GF and I, i just need to figure this out. currently the most comfortable sitting pose for me is quarter lotus, both feet on the ground knees touching. thank you guys in advance for any advice, (ps i thought i should add holding my hands in prayer is too much work to free my mind)

We approach this in a very simple manner. We set comfortably. Over time one's position may change to accommodate one's knowledge. Yet in the beginning we are just easy about it. Form follows function.

That said, we set erect, we do not lie down ( that tell the body it sleep time). There is no need to strain. Set erect, set comfortably and allow the mind to go inward.

iti śivaṁ

silence_speaks
14 August 2013, 08:17 AM
The position of the hand need not make a big difference.
Please sit comfortably and let the mind delve deep.
:)

Love !
Silence