PDA

View Full Version : Luke from Singapore

boi_83
24 July 2013, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I am Luke from Singapore who was raised in a Theravada Buddhist family.
I attended the local Hindu Temples, Sri Layan Sithi Vinayagar Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple and the Sri Siva Krishna Temple frequently for their Pujas and presented offerings to the Priests for Lord Vinayagar, Lord Shiva, Lord Murugan and Sri Durga.
I felt close to Lord Vinayagar and he had often helped me in my daily life often.

I had attended Meditation sessions of Shri Shivabalayogi and meditate using the mantra, OHM NAMAH SIVAYAH which was told to me during 1 of my visits to the Sri Siva Krishna Temple for Pujas and felt immensely peaceful and calm.

There was one occasion when I dreamt during my sleep that I was in the Sri Siva Krishna Temple alone looking at the statue of Sri Siva Krishna which was more beautiful than when I was at the temple for the Puja.

There was a bright light but I could not see anybody else there.
I remember looking at the statue for quite awhile and till today, I could not understand the meaning of that beautiful dream.

Hope that I would begin on a beautiful journey into Hinduism.

Believer
24 July 2013, 09:12 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to HDF and good luck with your journey.

Pranam.

Anima Deorum
25 July 2013, 12:44 AM
Namaste Luke,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing your dream with us. It does sound beautiful. Let us tread upon the eternal path.

Jeff08
25 July 2013, 05:31 AM
Namaste Luke,

I glad to know you are from Singapore which in ASEAN :D
Your background is similar with me. I also was raised from Theravada Buddhist in Thailand. And I have an experience about "God" and finally I think Hinduism is my path now. If possible, I would like to travel in Singapore and visit Hindu temple there too. They have really nice temple.
Nice to greeting :)

Om Shanti

boi_83
29 July 2013, 06:23 AM
Thanks everyone for their kind encouragement.