PDA

View Full Version : Namaskaram :-)

iamawake
17 August 2013, 04:19 AM
Namaskaram :-)
g'day from Australia. I am new to HDF. My religious evolution has been an amazing experiance. I have met many interesting people and learn't much along the way. I was raised Catholic but was heavily influenced by my father who is a Reiki/Sekhem master. At 18 I rejected Christianity for a number of reasons and joined the local jewish community which I was heavily involved in up until 24. Over the last year or so I have been somewhat involved with the buddhist community and have taken a lot from it. Over the past couple of months buddhism has led me to Sanatana Dharma and this forum. I have read many things on Hinduism and am very attracted to it. My main goal on this forum is to learn as much as I can and hopefully make some friends along the way. I am very interested Vaishnavism/Krishnaism and am also curious about Shaivism, Smarta Tradition and Vegetarian diet. regards :-)

charitra
26 August 2013, 08:14 AM
Namaste welcome to the forum Iamawake.
My recommendation would be to read advaita or non dualism doctrine first and then to explore various sampradayas or sects later. Goodluck

Eastern Mind
26 August 2013, 06:22 PM
Vannakkam and welcome to HDF. I hope you find your stay here rewarding.

I would suggest you find a Hindu temple to go to, if you haven't already.

Aum Namasivaya