PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for the Recovery of a Loved One

sunyata07
18 August 2013, 02:30 PM
Namaste everyone,

I don't believe I have ever posted in this part of HDF before, perhaps because I have never really thought to share my worries with the rest of the forum before in which I thought it necessary to ask others to include me and mine in their thoughts and prayers. Someone very dear to me is currently in hospital, having been in there for many weeks recovering from what should have been a straightforward surgery. For some reason healing has been slow and while I have tried to put on a brave face day in day out seeing them, I feel my resolve is waning from emotional stress of seeing them take two steps forward and then two backwards.

I am genuinely scared for the first time in a long time. This shouldn't take so long, but for reasons we cannot explain it is complicated. I have lost count of the prayers I have offered up to God to watch over my friend. I have faith my friend is in no real danger but who can say for certain in a hospital? It has gone over a month now and I feel my own health slipping for the anxiety I carry around me daily.

If you have a moment in your prayers for the next few days please include the health of this person who means a lot to me. I know prayer for another's well-being can only do so much but for the grace of God but it is no harm to think positive thoughts for them otherwise.

Thank you for reading. It has been helpful for me even just to type out my worries. God bless all.

Om namah Shivaya

Friend from the West
18 August 2013, 06:19 PM
Hari Om

Namaste Chōṭī Bahana

If you would feel comfortable and inclined, please share name of loved one as some feel this can help in a number of ways.

May your friend and helper, Lord Ganesha be felt near for you.

Since reading post from you, have already and will again later on evening Sadhana, touch the feet of Lord Shiva.

Take the best of care of yourself during this time.

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Believer
19 August 2013, 02:36 AM
Namaste,

We all pray for your relative/friend's speedy recovery. May God grant him/her good health and much happiness.

In the meantime, stay strong. Remember, you are the caregiver and should not become someone who needs to be cared for. Pray for strength and keep the faith. Every thing will turn our to be okay.

Pranam.

Jaskaran Singh
19 August 2013, 03:42 AM
Namaste Śūnyatā07,

I'm sorry to hear that he is taking so long to recover. :( I will assuredly pray that the health of your loved one improves and I hope there are no lingering complications following his/her surgery. As a word of advice, try not to be TOO anxious [unless he/she is in critical condition] as severe anxiety due to prolonged suffering could damage your health as well [or even lead to immune deficiency, memory loss, or coronary artery disease]. Nonetheless, I deeply empathize with you and it must feel terrible trying to cope with detachment from someone with whom you have such a close relationship while knowing his/her present medical condition.

Oṃ Namo Bhagavate Vāsudevāya

Anirudh
19 August 2013, 03:46 AM
sunyata07,

May Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu bless your beloved one for a speedy recovery!

Mana
19 August 2013, 03:52 AM
Namaste sunyata07,

So very sorry to hear of your friends troubles; I shall do the requested with all of my heart. Keep your energy up with your Japa and if you can, prey whilst looking at a nice photo of them if you have one, for your minds eye if not then from memory; You will be helping them in this way.

Kind regards.

smaranam
19 August 2013, 04:55 AM
Dear Shunyata , namaste

Haven't heard from you in a long time. Can you play this VishNusahastranAma softly in the hospital room? For your friend's health in all five kosha* and beyond - i.e. spiritual health. It will alleviate your anxiety as well.

VishNuSahastranAma (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8tJCTgkwQQ)

(The reason I choose this one - it is complete, and M.S. Subalakshmi in reduced speed. The translation is Gaudiya VaishNav, but here it is the actual rendition we care about.)

Close your eyes and listen...

_/\_

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~

The 5 kosha : 1. annamaya - physical 2. prANamaya - breath 3. manomaya - mind/mental 4. vidnyAnamaya - intellect 5. Anandamaya - bliss beyond mind and intellect, its generated [il]logic, its ups an downs.

smaranam
19 August 2013, 05:11 AM
Also, do you read the Bhagavad Gita everyday? At least one chapter daily. The fear and anxiety will have a big N/A against them. ("not applicable").

NayaSurya
19 August 2013, 06:35 AM
Hugs. <3
You are both in my prayers.

Necromancer
20 August 2013, 03:25 AM
Namaste.

I am sorry and saddened to read of your friend's illness and suffering. I hope he/she makes a speedy recovery. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your kindred at this time.

Dear God,

It is rather presumptuous of us to try and understand why it is You do what You do.

All we know, is there must be a reason for it, or else You wouldn't do it.

We all have our specific contributing Karmas which cause all our diseases and misfortunes, but please show Your merciful face in this, our time of anguish.

We leave it in Your loving hands, with hope and prayers of a favourable outcome.

Aum Namah Shivaya

sunyata07
21 August 2013, 03:04 PM
Namaste,

Thank you all for your kind words and compassionate thoughts. After I uploaded my original post, I must have spent several hours in prayer that night before my shrine asking for God's blessing for my friend who earlier than evening I had left in hospital running a high fever, vomiting, losing fluids, etc. I was so shaken I was nearing tears but prayer did help to alleviate my anxiety. Looking upon the kind, tender faces of the murtis in my shrine, I almost felt like God was saying "Don't worry, everything is going to turn out ok. Just relax." Listening to a load of chalisas and stotras on my YouTube playlist helped immensely. Much of my focus was at the Divine Mother that night, I felt so helpless like a lost, crying child.

Reading over the responses from my dear spiritual brothers and sisters here has moved me a lot. I am happy to update that my friend's fever disappeared almost immediately that evening. I cannot say if my prayers or yours did anything, but the recovery in those 24 hours was nothing short of astonishing. Praise to God in His infinite mercy! My, I feel like I will need to undergo a penance for the weight He has lifted from my shoulders. And thank you so much for your best wishes and advice. I appreciate them a lot.

Om namah Shivaya

Mana
21 August 2013, 03:15 PM
Namaste Sunyata,

That is wonderful news :)

Eastern Mind
21 August 2013, 07:28 PM
Thank you for reading. It has been helpful for me even just to type out my worries. God bless all.

Om namah Shivaya

Vannakkam: Yes, I prayed. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

sunyata07
11 September 2013, 11:43 AM
Namaste dear friends,

Another update on my friend's progress. He is doing so much better than before. I have been praying to Ganesha everyday to continue removing obstacles that might cause a remission into a sickly state, and if it pleases Him may it stay that way for good. And I want to say thank you so much for contributing your prayers to the Merciful One of Merciful Ones! It has been so comforting to know you have all read this and even let it pass through your minds.

My sincerest thanks to you all.

Om namah Shivaya

Abhijat
08 October 2013, 12:53 AM
Namaste!

This is so perfect to read it as it touched me absolutely profoundly and I also join the prayers and make Pujas for your friend and yours as well wellbeing, wishfully all is better and fine as it shall always be.

Om Namah Shivaya

sunyata07
30 October 2013, 02:27 AM
Namaste,

One last request for good wishes for my friend who is undergoing a second (and hopefully final) surgery today. He has undergone so much - over 3 months of this so far, I really do hope this will be the last hurdle. Supposedly this is more of a procedure than anything, but doctors have explained they are not sure what they are expecting to find inside his body. I am praying each moment that Ganesha helps clear obstacles to let them see the root of my friend's problem. He is to go under at lunchtime today.

I thought I would share to let the forum know I am feeling rather unsettled today but the advice given has been taken. Scripture reading and japa has helped my stress levels. I would just love for this to be over for my friend's sake now.

Om namah Shivaya

c.smith
30 October 2013, 04:12 AM
Hari Om!

Sunyata,

You are compassionate beyond compare and am admired for your strength. As you know, jap is so very powerful so please continue. I will do a round for your beloved friend and would encourage other forum members to do likewise as per their convenience. Please continue the updates.

With the blessings of Ganesha, ANYTHING is possible. May He shower his love upon your friend and guide the professionals who care for him.

Om

sunyata07
31 October 2013, 02:19 AM
Namaste C.Smith,

It really helps to know people are supporting me in spirit for my friend. The operation went smoothly yesterday, thank God, but nothing will really be known or understood until at least a week or two passes. With Ganesha's grace may all obstacles be cleared for good.

Thank you so much for your prayers! :)

Om namah Shivaya