PDA

View Full Version : Guru Mantra via dream

NarunRama
14 August 2013, 04:56 PM
Namaste everyone!!

First off, I would like to state that I have a profile on here (C_Morel02, or something like that), I forgot my password to the account, and I forgot the password to the e-mail to which my account is assigned, so naturally I thought it would be a lot easier to remake an account...

Back to the subject:

Last night, I received a dream that my guru mata (sri mata amritanandamayi devi) gave me darshan in devi bhava and initiated me into a mantra. I won't give out the mantra itself due to the secrecy, but there is a word in the mantra I've never heard before. I've looked it up in dictionaries and asked a Swamiji very knowledgeable in Sanskrit vocabulary, and he confessed he didn't know that word.
Here is the word:

फ़ोः (foh)

Do any of you know its meaning?

In addition, I was wondering how I should treat this mantra. Should I treat is as my guru mantra and meditate with it for here on out until I can verify it with her in person, or discard it?

Dhanyavada everyone!

silence_speaks
16 August 2013, 11:12 AM
Dear NarunRama,
:)

I am not sure what can be the meaning for that word !

But why not approach a guru and take mantra directly ?
That is not to say that a mantra that one gets in the dream is "less" significant etc. But the point is, this doubt you have now will keep haunting you. What matters is the faith one has in the guru.

Please approach a genuine guru and take a mantra. Guru would guide you in various matters of sadhana as well. That's my advice. Having considered t his advice, please do as you feel best.

Love!
Silence

yajvan
17 August 2013, 07:19 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté

Back to the subject:

Last night ...

First let me offer the following... sounding out the mantra via the tongue diminishes it . So leave it within. It is for going inward. Not knowing the meaning is just a valuable. No meaning = no mingling or mischief by mana ( by the mind).

Last it is wise to keep ones very sensitive instructions that come in via one's other level of awareness i.e. dream , in-between dream and wakefulness , called the gap (khila¹) some call madhya in kaśmir śaivism, as private.

This is the teaching we are given... do as you see fit.
( I would delete any reference to this sound you a.k.a. post 1, you have offered - it is out side of our realm of needing to know )

praṇām

1. khila - a space not filled up , gap ; this gap is considered vedhas - pious , virtuous , good

brahman
20 August 2013, 12:29 AM
Namaste everyone!!

First off, I would like to state that I have a profile on here (C_Morel02, or something like that), I forgot my password to the account, and I forgot the password to the e-mail to which my account is assigned, so naturally I thought it would be a lot easier to remake an account...

Back to the subject:

Last night, I received a dream that my guru mata (sri mata amritanandamayi devi) gave me darshan in devi bhava and initiated me into a mantra. I won't give out the mantra itself due to the secrecy, but there is a word in the mantra I've never heard before. I've looked it up in dictionaries and asked a Swamiji very knowledgeable in Sanskrit vocabulary, and he confessed he didn't know that word.
Here is the word:

फ़ोः (foh)

Do any of you know its meaning?

In addition, I was wondering how I should treat this mantra. Should I treat is as my guru mantra and meditate with it for here on out until I can verify it with her in person, or discard it?

Dhanyavada everyone!

Dear Rama, फ is quite familiar a Beeja, but haven’t heard about फ़ोः.

However, lucid dreams of a specified kind do tend to come to one's mind in periods of higher spiritual arousal, so we advise you to go and meet Amma in person.

At times she utters strange sounds in Malayalam language that nobody could understand. Love:)

silence_speaks
22 August 2013, 08:42 AM
But why all that?
Why not go and meet a guru ?

go to Ramakrishna Mission or Arsha Vidhya Gurukulam or Chinmaya Mission and get initiated.

Thats my suggestion.

Love!
Silence

Girisha
22 August 2013, 09:06 AM
Hi folks, I thought I'd chime in here- I've done Transcendental Meditation since 1994, 19 and a half years now, a twice daily 20 minute practice; it was introduced in the West by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1950s. I recommend it...