PDA

View Full Version : Namaste!

Gitaist
29 August 2013, 09:17 AM
Namaste HDF!

I am a 20 year old Caucasian/white male living in Virginia, USA. My father is a history/geography teacher and since my childhood I have taken interest in various religious and cultural systems around the world. I introduced myself to Eastern religion through Buddhism while I was in an emotionally low time and it elevated me to new heights. I began to look into Hinduism shortly after, and then Islam after that. My bedroom is full of Hindu and Buddhist symbols and decorations that I place much value upon.

I have recently begun to read more about Sanatana Dharma and believe it to be what I should put my time and effort into as far as spirituality goes, as well as worldview and philosophy. I have many questions and I am learning more each day, and I hope that this community will be able to help me with even the silliest of questions!

Thank you all in advance!

Eastern Mind
29 August 2013, 01:15 PM
Namaste HDF!

I am a 20 year old Caucasian/white male living in Virginia, USA. My father is a history/geography teacher and since my childhood I have taken interest in various religious and cultural systems around the world. I introduced myself to Eastern religion through Buddhism while I was in an emotionally low time and it elevated me to new heights. I began to look into Hinduism shortly after, and then Islam after that. My bedroom is full of Hindu and Buddhist symbols and decorations that I place much value upon.

I have recently begun to read more about Sanatana Dharma and believe it to be what I should put my time and effort into as far as spirituality goes, as well as worldview and philosophy. I have many questions and I am learning more each day, and I hope that this community will be able to help me with even the silliest of questions!

Thank you all in advance!

Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF . Hope your time here is fruitful.

Feel free to ask away.

Aum Namasivaya

fem_phoenix1109
29 August 2013, 01:36 PM
Welcome!

I too have always been drawn towards eastern traditions. When I found Hinduism, it was like I found what I had always been looking for, and it expressed everything I always believed, while at the same time adding so much more. The more I learn about it the more I feel this way.

Namaste :D