PDA

View Full Version : After 25-year international effort, ‘Encyclopedia of Hinduism’ to be unveiled

Jetavan
30 August 2013, 06:33 PM
"COLUMBIA, S.C. — A comprehensive encyclopedia (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/after-25-year-international-effort-encyclopedia-of-hinduism-to-be-unveiled-next-week/2013/08/24/5b1c2a98-0cc5-11e3-89fe-abb4a5067014_story.html) of one of the world’s major religions is set to be unveiled next week in South Carolina. The 11-volume work covers Hindu spiritual beliefs, practices and philosophy, and is the culmination of a 25-year academic effort.

The encyclopedia is written in English and includes about 7,000 articles on Hinduism and its practices. The work also deals with Indian history, languages, art, music, dance, architecture, medicine, and women’s issues. The entire encyclopedia contains more than 1,000 illustrations and photographs."

hinduism♥krishna
31 August 2013, 03:55 AM
namaste
Who made it? Is it made by Hindu vedic scholars ? How will you determine its authenticity ?

Thanks for sharing.

Eastern Mind
31 August 2013, 08:01 AM
Vannakkam: This particular one is the longest ever written. It is backed by Swami Chidananda Saraswati of Parmeth Niketan, and the work of a Doctor Seshagiri Rao, if I'm not mistaken.

In length alone, it would appear well researched and written by Hindus.

Aum Namasivaya

Jetavan
31 August 2013, 10:48 AM
namaste
Who made it? Is it made by vedic scholars or anti vedic scientists?

I fear that there could b many misconceptions about sanatana hinduism. eg: In that atma wud hv been described as the one which reborns again and again and he has bondage. But our true hindu dharma states soul has not liberation nor bondage. The soul doesn't reborn again and again. What reborn is jeeva.Soul remains as it is. It has not birth nor death. The soul is eternal and omnipresent.

Thanks for sharing.Greetings,

The encyclopedia aims to synthesize traditional Hindu understanding with modern scholarship, involving about a thousand scholars, Indian and non-Indian. A trailer of the encyclopedia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KlUzrl7VsY

ShivaFan
31 August 2013, 03:04 PM
Namaste

This is backed by the same Guru I mentioned in another thread on this same forum, i.e.:

ShivaFan: H.H. Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji and his educational efforts for all children in Dharma, runs and sponsors free schools, women's vocational training programs, a medical clinic, orphanages and gurukuls, frequent free medical health camps, Cow-Care programs, an extensive rural development program, and innumerable other humanitarian projects including the first ever Encyclopedia of Hinduism as well as ashrams and medical clinics in the sacred land of Mansarovar and Mt. Kailash in Tibet.

I am now giving to good organizations (as I always have) such as that, I discovered the Swami's India Heritage Research Foundation ."

I am not embarrased to say I sent a very nice donation online His IHRF, and I encourage others to do so as well. l also I plan on purchasing this set, which is $990 dollars, but keep in kind it is 11 volumes in size, and part of the money goes to His outstanding organizations. I will be writing a review online on the set on another web format.

I love Him.

Om Namah Sivaya

Believer
02 September 2013, 03:21 PM
Namaste,

May I request you to not use this annoying SMS language please!

......could b many.......
..........wud hv been.........
It does not take too much more effort to type 'could be many' and 'would have been'.

Pranam.

hinduism♥krishna
03 September 2013, 12:44 AM
Namaste, believer. Sorry for That! I will not do it again!
Thank you.