PDA

View Full Version : Please, re-open Abrahamic Religions...

Elizabeth108
08 September 2013, 10:46 AM
Namaste,

Could you open the "Abrahamic Religions" section for posting, please?
As I can notice, it's been closed for a long time.

Could you open it and perhaps close it again if bad posts are written there, or the user could be banned.

I love this Forum board as it is, so I don't want to leave it due to a lack of that section.

What do you think about it?

Greetings,

Believer
08 September 2013, 11:52 AM
Namaste,

Namaste,

Could you open the "Abrahamic Religions" section for posting, please?
As I can notice, it's been closed for a long time.

That section leads to very acrimonious debates and it is best to keep it closed. If you are inclined to follow/debate issues relating to Abrahamic Religions, there are many other sites on the web that you could visit. Not sure why do you want to talk about A/Religions over here in the Hindu forum? Suggesting that Hindus be banned from their own Hindu forum if they don't behave like impotents while some people spread the gospel through A/Religion section is highly inappropriate.

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
08 September 2013, 12:06 PM
Vannakkam Elizabeth: The decision to close it wasn't just some quick spontaneous decision. It was taken with much consideration, after several years of ongoing misunderstanding as to its purpose, which was to discuss Abrahamic religions as they relate to Hinduism, not to discuss them generally. Believer is correct that there are many other forums on the net where any comparative, any religion can be discussed. Religiousforums is one. Best wishes.

Aum Namasivaya

yajvan
08 September 2013, 12:49 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

What do you think about it?

Of all the forum folders on HDF the Abrahamic Religion folder was the most acerbic. Much ill-will was generated there. It was to be a place to compare and contrast the sameness and differences of sanātana dharma to the Abrahamic ways of thinking. It evolved to become a place to exercise one's disdain with Christians. This is beneath the dignity of HDF. Due to that history and the attractiveness of some members to spank others the Abrahamic Religion subject matter is not a good fit for HDF at this time.

iti śivaṁ

Believer
08 September 2013, 07:08 PM
Namaste,

..........and the attractiveness of some members to spank others the Abrahamic Religion subject matter is not a good fit for HDF at this time.
I propose that the HDF should adopt a strict 'no spanking' policy. :)

Pranam.

Friend from the West
08 September 2013, 07:43 PM
Hari Om

Namaste to all.

Greetings Elizabeth,

Hope you do not choose to leave HDF over this section being omitted. If you peruse it, you will see the train wreck that it was. As one who, if signs in on sporadic basis, checks in frequently, it has been much more enjoyable to follow since this section was closed.

At times, having the section was enjoyable as well. At times, could see an open minded seeker from one of those backgrounds or a new age type being intrigued enough to grow with the wise and gently given responses that would come from HDF family. Also, think in ways this led to some conversations that flowed naturally that for whatever reason, were not always brought forth in new to Hinduism section. Regardless, think from here, that this cherished dynamic became all too rare and think was excellent decision to close.

Think HDF is extremely unique and offers too much to close out from due to the absence of one section, especially this section. The substantive is still found within. Perhaps Eastern Mind's suggestion of supplementing HDF with forum he recommends will help.

Regardless, best of luck to you and take good care.

FFTW

Necromancer
08 September 2013, 07:52 PM
Namaste.

I am just wondering why the mods/Satay just doesn't delete the whole section and not leave it 'closed for posting'.

What the eyes will not see, the heart will not grieve.

Aum Namah Shivaya

JaiMaaDurga
09 September 2013, 04:11 AM
Namaste,

I agree that the purpose of HDF is best served by keeping
that section closed; yet my view was, and is, that there is benefit
in leaving it undeleted... for my own reasoning behind this,
please read my previous post here (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=90035#post90035).

I agree that there are other forums better suited for comparative or
interfaith types of discussions, outside of the deep and vast purview
of Sanatana Dharma- and there is no rule here that says one cannot
be a member of any other forums while a member of HDF ;)

JAI MATA DI

charitra
09 September 2013, 08:05 AM
Namaste Elizabeth,

Please first explain in detail why you wanted the abrahamic threads reopened , so that we can understand where you are coming from.

On a side note, second guessing here, I think barring Believer( and myself) all other posters on this thread are westerners (I could be wrong).

hinduism♥krishna
13 September 2013, 12:31 AM
To Admin

Namaste,
I would like to request admin not to reopen abrahamic religions forum.

A hindu really gets hurt when he sees ' hindus worship false gods ' like threads in Abrahamic section.
Those who wana discuss about western religions , for them religiousforums.com is the best option.

I request admin to delete that hurtful threads.

Thank you.

yajvan
13 September 2013, 07:21 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

I request admin to delete that hurtful threads.
Thank you.
I see your point on this matter. Yet my teacher always told us, any house can stand in good weather. What does this mean here ? There is no doubt that grief is offered within the abrahamic religions forum. It may bring disdain to one's mind, but it should not shake one's resolve. What one believes in faith and experience should hold firm.

It is like the wind blowing against a tree. The wind does the tree a favor as this signals the tree that its roots must go deeper into the soil. Like that, when the winds of ignorance pushes against us, it gives us a chance to once again go deeper into ourselves.

Blessings come in many ways... sometimes the ~push~ is positive sometimes not.

iti śivaṁ

kallol
14 September 2013, 08:49 AM
I see point in keeping it closed.

For those getting hurt by others - I would request them to gather more strength and conviction through higher knowledge so that the "house can remain intact and still in bad weather also".

Getting hurt is a sign of weakness

Ganeshprasad
14 September 2013, 03:33 PM
Pranam

It is like the wind blowing against a tree. The wind does the tree a favor as this signals the tree that its roots must go deeper into the soil. Like that, when the winds of ignorance pushes against us, it gives us a chance to once again go deeper into ourselves.

Blessings come in many ways... sometimes the ~push~ is positive sometimes not.

iti śivaṁ

Reminds me of a quote I red years ago, Ghandhi ji I think who said, "I want the winds from every corner to blow through my house but I refuse to be swept off my feet by any of them".

Jai Shree Krishna

satay
15 September 2013, 09:44 PM
Admin Note

No, we are not ready to open the Abrahamic forums.

A reminder again to everyone to not take mattes in your own hands. If you think a post is against the forum rules please report it. Attacking other members is against the forum rules. If you think you or a member has been attacked please report the post instead of taking over moderation yourself.

Thank you for your cooperation.