PDA

View Full Version : Please teach me how to do Mahalakshmi Puja

Viraja
13 September 2013, 05:28 PM
Namaste devotees,

Kindly teach me how to do a short 45 min - 1 hr Mahalakshmi puja at home once a week. I used to do such a puja a very long time ago and have forgotten the steps, but it included using 108 US pennies, a kalash with Coconut, and archana using kumkum. I forgot the steps and the mantras to recite. So if you are doing such a puja, kindly instruct me how to do it.

Thanks.

kriyarameeshh
13 September 2013, 06:32 PM
Sri Mathre Namaha,

Namaste Virajaji,

here is a link for simple Lakshmi pooja Vidhanam.

www.mypanchang.com/simplelakshmipuja.pdf‎

Also, you might want to chant the lakshmi Narayana Hridaya after your pooja. It would take about 15 minutes to chant it once. 5 times on a friday night is best.

I consider Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam in every sense equal to Durga Saptashati Parayanam.

Regards,
Rameeshh

Viraja
13 September 2013, 08:08 PM
Namaste Kriyaramesh ji,

How to chant Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam? Is it i) First chant Narayana Hrudayam, ii) Then chant Lakshmi Hridayam iii) Follow by once more chanting of Narayana Hrudayam to complete.

Is the above correct?

Thank you.

kriyarameeshh
13 September 2013, 08:13 PM
Yes Viraja Ji. That is the correct process. But till date, I've never chanted Narayana Hridayam.

Regards,
Rameeshh

Viraja
13 September 2013, 08:45 PM
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Hridayam is such a best choice! Thank you for reminding me about it, Kriya ji (if I can call you that way! :) ). I shall start next Friday, god willing!