PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas I would like to share with you

IcyCosmic
15 September 2013, 09:21 AM
Namaskar all.

I have a few ideas I would like to share with you, and an opinion would be wonderful on what I can do with these ideas. If anyone wants to join a project that would be cool also.

1. I'm working on the concept of a metaphorical site where you can write 'letters to god' I got this idea while watching a discourse where it was explained, meditation before bed is beautiful in order to clean the conscious mind so ill thoughts don't enter into the subconscious mind before you go to sleep. The idea of writing letters to god in a diary was also explained, and this way you can create a personal relationship with god, just as when you talk to someone daily a bond is formed. The lady went further into depth about how it is a good thing to do, and it also will remove the element of you venting and reigniting poor issues of the day as you are writing to god so you will write from a certain vantage point, speaking of how you can improve and therefore also making it a potent tool for self development and mastery.

So anyway, I know I wouldn't write in a diary, and writing in a notepad or a word file, or something similar wouldn't do the trick for me either. A metaphorical site where the message actually sends into the ether when you press enter seems appealing to me, and I think other people could also use it as a nifty little tool too. This should be a quick little project, any ideas regarding this particular idea would be cool.

2. I have one of my facebook pages in my signature 'Vedic Consciousness' I am planning to make a site to accompany this page. I've been busy so it has been idle for a little while, but I've been working on growing the fan base. The goal with this page and its accompanying website will be to spread the art of our dharma to as many people as possible. I have already recieved messages from people from many different walks of life who have started studying hinduism as a result. Any tips regarding what to have on the website, and also any content that I could split up and share in the future, a list, or something similar. That would be cool.

3. Lastly, the most ambitious project that I'm dying to fructify, is a social platform for spiritual people. Almost like facebook, except exclusively for these matters. I've checked all the 'spiritual' platforms where people can connect and they are all terrible, poorly made, small user bases, and not maintained to a good standard. It's a huge niche. I was thinking of calling it Spiritual Source, but that is taken - I have other stock names. Any ideas? There are so many other communities, and something as potent as spirituality is a missing link? There is no site where people who just love god, regardless of religion can connect. Where a wiccan can talk to a hindu, and a bhuddist can connect with a Jain, or just a atheist who is studying such matters...whatever the case may be. No platform where very easily relationships can be built and friendships too on a grand scheme. Facebook offers this with some groups that center around positivity, but it is all very wishy washy and convuluted. Any ideas of what would be necessary on a site like this? Or what you would like to see if you joined one?

Also something that is very funny, I have a spiritual friend, and he is a christian, he was on a christian dating website, because most girls he met in person weren't spiritual or religious, but even on that website it was just people that called themselves 'christian' and go to 'church' but they don't follow any of the principles and aren't spiritual at all! I think a site like this would be a lovely place for people of similar ideologies to connect. The concept has alot of flaws and hopefully I can iron that out.

Omkara
15 September 2013, 09:26 AM
Where a wiccan can talk to a hindu, and a bhuddist can connect with a Jain, or just a atheist who is studying such matters...whatever the case may be.
Have you checked out www.religiousforums.com ?

IcyCosmic
15 September 2013, 09:28 AM
Have you checked out www.religiousforums.com (http://www.religiousforums.com) ?

Namaste, that is a forum. I am talking about social networking platforms.

Like this.
http://spiritualnetworks.com/

but, actually good.

JaiMaaDurga
15 September 2013, 05:26 PM
Namaste Icy,

In various explorations of the internet in search of good intelligent
discussion concerning spiritual matters, I have seen two things have often
taken place, whether a forum or a social-network type of setting;
either:

(A) In the interest of maintaining the widest appeal and keeping the
peace, all discussion becomes limited to extremely vague generalities and
blandishments of a pastel-colored, New-Age, bumper-sticker flavor of
"spirituality"- with neither depth nor sincerity forthcoming, only a mutual
admiration society, of those whose chief goal is to avoid anything that may
cause any true self-examination or inner discomfort, yet encourages a false
sense of "spiritual advancement"...

(B) The gradual reduction of a once more open-minded and broader
space dedicated to helping seekers resolve questions and progress further
on the path best suited for them, into a closed circle centered around
a particular guru or sampradaya- again becoming a mutual admiration
society, yet one bewildering and unwelcoming to those who are not
"in the know", and sometimes devolving into a public display of internal
political or doctrinal disagreements between long-standing members..

I am not thinking of any group or site in particular as an example, nor
should any gathering of individuals in a virtual fashion expect to function
flawlessly under the guidelines established in its founding, without some
active guidance and administration- yet with the
large responsibility of starting and steering such a project as you propose,
I do not believe it unwise to at least share some personal observations
as to two undesirable extremes which some similar attempts have fallen
prey to.

It is sincerely wished that there might be infallible advice (as to
the best way to proceed, in order to maintain the integrity of your idea
over the course of its implementation) available, but unfortunately, my
pool of expertise regarding this is perhaps large enough to dampen an
ant's toes ;)

I do wish your project much success, and do not mean to deter your
efforts!

JAI MATA DI

ShivaFan
16 September 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm working on the concept of a metaphorical site where you can write 'letters to god'

Nice idea Icy, so this would be site where one can simply post a letter as you describe? But I think you would moderate the posts before they go "live", yes? To prevent those "hate letters"

One thing about it, is no doubt it would be popular so you may become involved in a lot of moderating and a lot of time might be involved?

Great idea, but might involve dedicated "hands on" to "keep it clean" if you will.

Would this be specific to Hindus, or open to non-practitioners?
Om Namah Sivaya

IcyCosmic
22 September 2013, 08:21 AM
Nice idea Icy, so this would be site where one can simply post a letter as you describe? But I think you would moderate the posts before they go "live", yes? To prevent those "hate letters"

One thing about it, is no doubt it would be popular so you may become involved in a lot of moderating and a lot of time might be involved?

Great idea, but might involve dedicated "hands on" to "keep it clean" if you will.

Would this be specific to Hindus, or open to non-practitioners?
Om Namah Sivaya

I have no issue making either, but perhaps an open to all is better, after all god is universal.

IcyCosmic
22 September 2013, 08:24 AM
Namaste Icy,

In various explorations of the internet in search of good intelligent
discussion concerning spiritual matters, I have seen two things have often
taken place, whether a forum or a social-network type of setting;
either:

(A) In the interest of maintaining the widest appeal and keeping the
peace, all discussion becomes limited to extremely vague generalities and
blandishments of a pastel-colored, New-Age, bumper-sticker flavor of
"spirituality"- with neither depth nor sincerity forthcoming, only a mutual
admiration society, of those whose chief goal is to avoid anything that may
cause any true self-examination or inner discomfort, yet encourages a false
sense of "spiritual advancement"...

(B) The gradual reduction of a once more open-minded and broader
space dedicated to helping seekers resolve questions and progress further
on the path best suited for them, into a closed circle centered around
a particular guru or sampradaya- again becoming a mutual admiration
society, yet one bewildering and unwelcoming to those who are not
"in the know", and sometimes devolving into a public display of internal
political or doctrinal disagreements between long-standing members..

I am not thinking of any group or site in particular as an example, nor
should any gathering of individuals in a virtual fashion expect to function
flawlessly under the guidelines established in its founding, without some
active guidance and administration- yet with the
large responsibility of starting and steering such a project as you propose,
I do not believe it unwise to at least share some personal observations
as to two undesirable extremes which some similar attempts have fallen
prey to.

It is sincerely wished that there might be infallible advice (as to
the best way to proceed, in order to maintain the integrity of your idea
over the course of its implementation) available, but unfortunately, my
pool of expertise regarding this is perhaps large enough to dampen an
ant's toes ;)

I do wish your project much success, and do not mean to deter your
efforts!

JAI MATA DI

I'll have to agree with you on point (A).
I've noticed this on Facebook, which is why I created Vedic Consciousness page, I'm gently trying to ease in as much Hindu Philosophy as possible. Most of these new age pages seem to focus on various things from such a wide variety of spiritual processes that it rarely leaves time for any particular depth in ones life. Though it is a start. I'll have to find a good balance. I'll study some more before drafting a site.

Thanks for your advice. I was actually thinking of consulting people with considerable knowledge like Yajvan for a very fleshed out hinduism section on the spiritual site, but I don't want to do that until it has a install base. Don't want to waste anyones time.