PDA

View Full Version : Another newcomer

Bart
09 October 2013, 11:56 AM
Hello, I'm new here, obviously. :)

I recently chose to follow Hinduism a few months ago after an epiphany. I don't know much about the religion, a Hindu child probably knows more then I do, but I am happy that I have found Hinduism. Since there is no where to study nearby I thought I'd turn to the online community to help me practice.

Nice to meet you all!

hinduism♥krishna
10 October 2013, 01:05 AM
Namaste,
Welcome to the world of Hindu vedic dharma. Please refer "new to sanatana dharma" link and explore the overview of Hinduism.

Edited : summary of Hinduism can be found here

http://veda.wikidot.com/hinduism

Thank you

Eastern Mind
10 October 2013, 07:56 AM
Hello, I'm new here, obviously. :)

I recently chose to follow Hinduism a few months ago after an epiphany. I don't know much about the religion, a Hindu child probably knows more then I do, but I am happy that I have found Hinduism. Since there is no where to study nearby I thought I'd turn to the online community to help me practice.

Nice to meet you all!

Vannakkam Bart: Welcome to this forum. Hopefully we can be of some assistance on your sojourn. Indeed, Hinduism doesn't have it's theological seminaries, for the entire world is our school.

There are lots of introductory books, and lots of temples around, but that depends on where you are.

Aum Namasivaya

govind_das
10 October 2013, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum, and to the oldest religion in the world.

Abhijat
10 October 2013, 10:14 AM
Namaste Brother,

I am glad that you decided to Join this temple as I did and it will be a wonderful and lovely experience to talk with you more within it's various chapters as it has so many that even for me it will take time until I will be funlly familiar with the essence of each of them, all the best and I send all the lovely Blessings to you!

Om Namah Shivaya!

Believer
10 October 2013, 01:08 PM
Namaste Bart,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to meet you all!
Our pleasure that you are here!

Pranam.

Anirudh
10 October 2013, 01:29 PM
I recently chose to follow Hinduism a few months ago after an epiphany

Since there is no where to study nearby I thought I'd turn to the online community to help me practice.

Namaste,

Welcome!!

May be this book (http://www.dlshq.org/download/hinduismbk.pdf) be of some use to you. This will you a brief introduction.

eyeopen
16 October 2013, 12:40 PM
I Bart welcoem to the forum. I am fairly new here and well just slowly starting to get use to my way around here. Hope you enjoy ti here and I have alot of respect for you for deciding to follow Hinduism.

I think it has so many levels, its hard to understand as I fidn it hard myself, I use to listen to what Mum said which was rite but I never understood it.

Now after years I have found my way slowly and Im getting use to how things are and trying to understand the spiritual view as alot fo things in Hinudism can only be understood if you look into the spiritual side of it to. Alot of things have deeper meanings. But once your there you wont regret it.