PDA

View Full Version : Banned Members Thread

Omkara
10 October 2013, 04:26 AM
Namaste satay, it would be helpful if you inform HDF members in the feedback section which members have been banned, for what period and why. It would help to avoid behaviour that is against the forum rules and establish dos and donts.

For example, I notice philosoraptor, Viraja and Necromancer have been banned. Why have they been banned and for what period?

hinduism♥krishna
10 October 2013, 04:50 AM
Namaste,

Asking why other members are banned is against rules of HDF.

Thank you.

brahma jijnasa
10 October 2013, 04:26 PM
Namaste satay, it would be helpful if you inform HDF members in the feedback section which members have been banned, for what period and why. It would help to avoid behaviour that is against the forum rules and establish dos and donts.

For example, I notice philosoraptor, Viraja and Necromancer have been banned. Why have they been banned and for what period?

I also think it would be good. So we can better understand how to behave on HDF. ;)

regards

yajvan
10 October 2013, 05:08 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Here are the rules
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/faq.php

Here are the guidelines
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2550

It seems the rules & guidelines should not be a surprise to any one ( I hope).

iti śivaṁ

Anirudh
11 October 2013, 06:30 AM
Namaste Yajvan,

I had read the rules and guidelines in the past. In fact you had suggested me to read them to improve the quality of my posts.

Members come from different walks of life leading different stages of life. So sometimes during the discussion we tend loose our composure. I must admit that in the past I have lost my mind twice.

I also understand that, Satay and other moderators are hard pressed for the resources especially their personal time. May I suggest two things which may improve the forum and its members.

1. A warning system before the actual red card.

2. I observed that unacceptable posts gets deleted. That itself is a warning system. But members might not notice their post getting deleted due to the time interval between the post and its deletion. If an auto generated mail sent to the OP registered email, it will help the forum. If the member doesn't read the mail, then it is member's risk.

I may be expecting too much from the organization which is rendering a great service to the humanity at free of cost. Accept my apologies if I have made an unacceptable request or have tried to interfere with the forum's wisdom.

satay
11 October 2013, 12:12 PM
Namaste,
I appreciate your feedback and understand the requirement to know why members were banned and for how long as well as for a warning system.

However, my reasoning for not providing this information is as follows:

- Forum rules are clearly defined and visible on HDF. These have been accepted by all members at the time of registration.

- Banning of a member for short term or life is not anyone's else business. It is between the member in question and the moderator.

- Regular members should not be concerned about moderation, specifically, about who gets banned for what and for how long. As a member, your focus should be to produce quality posts and not worry about moderation issues.

Plus the underlying reason for asking a moderator to explain 'why' is really questioning the ability of the moderator. This implies that you do not trust the judgment of the moderator in enforcing the rules. This creates an environment of mistrust and puts a moderator on the defensive.

Regarding the warning system, I have tried several times implementing it. It doesn't work. I have had many occasions where I used to give members warnings and chances and have lots of discussion in private messages in order to get them aligned to HDF rules. I found that in most cases I was unsuccessful. In the end, it is up to a member to accept the rules or not. I refuse to waste any more time on treating members like little kids and teaching them the rules.

My thinking now is that if you can register on the forum, you can read the rules then you have the ability to follow them. If you don't, you are out. Simple as that.

I know it sounds harsh but the warning system employed previously has wasted a lot of my time and caused me a lot of headache at a personal level. Therefore, I keep it simple now.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jeffery D. Long
11 October 2013, 01:47 PM
You do a fantastic job, Satay, and we all appreciate it. At least on HDF, Satay eva jayate!

fem_phoenix1109
12 October 2013, 11:05 AM
Namaste,

I hope that I am not inappropriate in saying this, but I now find HDF to be a much more welcoming and inviting place to be. I feel comfortable posting and do not worry that my words will be misconstrued, picked apart, used against me, or scrutinized because I am not as knowledgeable as others. It could be rather intimidating.

Thank you.

Viraja
06 November 2013, 11:42 AM
Namaste,

I am back, but only because I requested Satay ji that I be put back.

I presume any messages that create division among people, Shaiva vs. Vaishnava, Western vs. Eastern that might make people belonging to particular sects frown, are not tolerated.

Honestly some threads I posted before had been pure mistake -- I will avoid them going forth.

Pranam.

yajvan
06 November 2013, 01:06 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

Namaste,

I am back, but only because I requested Satay ji that I be put back.

I presume any messages that create division among people, Shaiva vs. Vaishnava, Western vs. Eastern that might make people belonging to particular sects frown, are not tolerated.

Honestly some threads I posted before had been pure mistake -- I will avoid them going forth.

Pranam.

Course corrections are always valued.

http://cdn2.shipspotting.com/photos/small/0/4/9/1732940.jpg

iti śivaṁ

ShivaFan
07 November 2013, 03:15 PM
Namaste Viraja,

http://imageshack.com/a/img22/4854/ziyu.jpg
welcome back!

Jai Ram!

Om Namah Sivaya

Viraja
08 November 2013, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, ShivaFan ji. (And Yajvan ji).

Jai Ram!

Anirudh
08 November 2013, 07:16 PM
Namaste Viraja,

From your profile, I understand that your purpose to join this forum is discuss spirituality. I would ask Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu guide you in your quest.

Let's hope Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu bring back other members who have had added value to this forum in the past.