PDA

View Full Version : Adiós Sachin

brahman
11 October 2013, 12:01 AM
http://www.buzzlogin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/sachin-100-1.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar has decided to call it quits. In a media statement released through the Board of Control for Cricket in India on Thursday afternoon, the 40-year-old Tendulkar said his 200th Test will be the last time he will be seen in India colours. This milestone match, against the West Indies, will most probably be held in Mumbai next month.

In an emotional statement, Tendulkar said: "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day."

"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time! I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."

http://www.buzzlogin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/sachin-100.jpg

Adiós Amigo! Dios lo bendiga!

Jaskaran Singh
19 November 2013, 03:05 AM
Looking at the way some adore him makes me vomit:
http://m.aajtak.in/story.jsp?sid=747326&secid=209
Really, a Sachin Tendulkar Mandir?
(oh, and before anyone says anything, I don't hate him because I'm Pakistani, it's more because I can't stand over-hyped Cricket players).

Sudas Paijavana
19 November 2013, 08:37 AM
Pranam-s,

I agree, JS. Having a temple dedicated to Sachin is completely unwarranted. Plus, Brian Lara was a much better batsman.

Anirudh
20 November 2013, 01:06 AM
Namaste

it's more because I can't stand over-hyped Cricket players

Having a temple dedicated to Sachin is completely unwarranted.

I tend to believe this is done with ulterior motives by funneling the public emotions mood finally making a mockery of hinduism.

From what I read (link given by JS) Manoj Tiwari seem to be the actor behind all this, and people who have a grasp of Bhojpuri films will know his antics especially during his participation in Big Boss (Indian version of Big Brother) few years ago.

Around ten years ago, people from the south did construct a temple for an actress whose faith is Islam.

Their intention will be clearly known if someone ask their views on Ayodhya Raam Mandir. Then the same folks who want to construct temple for celebrities will escape into oblivion.

Jaskaran Singh
20 November 2013, 03:33 PM
Namaste
I tend to believe this is done with ulterior motives by funneling the public emotions mood finally making a mockery of hinduism.

From what I read (link given by JS) Manoj Tiwari seem to be the actor behind all this, and people who have a grasp of Bhojpuri films will know his antics especially during his participation in Big Boss (Indian version of Big Brother) few years ago.

Around ten years ago, people from the south did construct a temple for an actress whose faith is Islam.

Their intention will be clearly known if someone ask their views on Ayodhya Raam Mandir. Then the same folks who want to construct temple for celebrities will escape into oblivion.

Doesn't this dude have anything better to do with his time, and why would a Hindu want to make a mockery of his own religion, is it because of pseudo-secularism?

Anirudh
20 November 2013, 05:28 PM
Namaste Jaskaran Singh,

why would a Hindu want to make a mockery of his own religion, is it because of pseudo-secularism.

It could be but my guess is money and desire to be on the spotlight are the fore most reasons.

These guys use Pseudo-secularism as a means to make money.