PDA

View Full Version : How do you know you'll like it?

yajvan
22 March 2007, 08:40 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste saksin ( the witness in you, purusha)

When was the last time you bought a car, or furniture, or lets say clothing sight inseen? Did this ever happen? Did the parcel fit, did the car meet your needs?

Like that, how do you know this enlightenment we speak of is something you will want to possess once you have it? Is it something you try on and say , " oh no no, this just will not do... give me something a little lighter!"

This is the intent of the Upanishads (to come close, come sit and listen). It's intent is to help define this end state. To have one assimilate this idea more and more. ( this is actually a technique a sisya can perform with his guru e.g. aligment to the master, devoted). We (me) need to discuss , talk of it, defiine it the best we can... listen to those in Moksha and how they discuss it.

On this HDF it is my intent to do bring these ideas and concepts forward the best I can, to help define this for your consideration, yet there is a key principle here that my teacher has told me, and I have been practicing. He said " the teacher gains more then the student". How so? When you discuss, ponder, read, have a POV and explain this Bhuma, the Fullness of Being, you are grooming and cultivating this state of Being, in oneself. You begin to have insights , epiphanies, and intuitive perception... I call them ah-haa's!

This also has to be complimented with transcending and experiencing more and more silence, this Fulless , this SELF in ones own being. Tying the knowledge of what is read to the actual experience in oneself.

The goal is to become vijnanavan, one who has right understanding. Whose mind-rein is firmly held, possed of the SELF. This is done by both knowledge (jnana from 'jna' or to know) + action (kriya, from its root 'kr' or to do). This harmonizes seemly opposite values , rest and activty, dynamism and silence, togther in ones self.

Consider this, all can have this. When we disuss these concepts , do not be satisfied with the words you are reading then entering into a post. Consider its meaning, what is this rishi, pandit, sadhu, priest, philosopher getting at? What is the underlying truth (satyam)? Bring what you 'see' to the forum... bring what you do not see to the forum and lets ponder it as a team as a forum. But take a run at it on your own; Please avoid a 'dump and run' behavior. Let me give my doubts to others to figure out and I will await the answer... participation is important.
It's like weight lifting... if you only lift 5 Lbs (kilo's) that is where your strength will stay. Its by adding weight the muscles repsond to the occasion. Like that, your mind will do the same.

pranams,

हृं
hṛṁ ... the sound of the infinite.

willie
22 March 2007, 09:06 PM
Well you mumbled around a lot then said something real but you went back to mumbling at the end.

The first of these so called gurus did not have any one to teach him any techniques , so that person had to do it all by feel. If that person could do it, then anyone reading this forum can do it also.

These more or less holymen and gurus are good at telling a person how to live and putting out a lot of public relations talk. But I wonder how many others can do these things and just go about doing then and not bother to put out any pr or lead an gullible students. I would guess that a lot of people do these sort of thing and may never even realise the it is something special.

Most of the people reading probably have had instances of experiencing these things and only thought it was weird at the time it happened.

yajvan
23 March 2007, 06:00 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Well you mumbled around a lot then said something real but you went back to mumbling at the end.

The first of these so called gurus did not have any one to teach him any techniques , so that person had to do it all by feel. If that person could do it, then anyone reading this forum can do it also.

These more or less holymen and gurus are good at telling a person how to live and putting out a lot of public relations talk. But I wonder how many others can do these things and just go about doing then and not bother to put out any pr or lead an gullible students. I would guess that a lot of people do these sort of thing and may never even realise the it is something special.

Most of the people reading probably have had instances of experiencing these things and only thought it was weird at the time it happened.

Wille,
Are you certain you are repsonding to the post above...?
If so, I have no idea on how your response meets the content of the post.
re: mumbled about ? ___________
'these gurus would be __________? which holy men in question?
'teach him? who ___________?

thanks