PDA

View Full Version : Worshipping Radha - yes or no?

Cosinuskurve
16 October 2013, 01:37 PM
Namaste,

I was told that the Hare Krishna mantra addresses Radha and Krishna but that one should not worship Them until one is really experienced. (When I recite the Hare Krishna mantra then the image of Lord Rama keeps appearing in my head which makes me feel assertive, which I don't like). So, to change the effect I made up a mantra that rhymes with the Hare Krishna mantra and I later learned that this mantra already exists. Its words are:

Radhe Krishna Radhe Krishna Krishna Krishna Radhe Radhe
Radhe Shyam Radhe Shyam Shyam Shyam Radhe Radhe.

I also learned that this mantra belongs to the teachings of a tradition by Nimbarka and that this tradition is different from Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Should I follow the concept of Gaudiya Vaishnavism and not worship Radha ("directly") or should I worship her? Where can I find material about Nimbarka in English?

Anirudh
16 October 2013, 03:55 PM
Namaste Cosinuskurve,

(When I recite the Hare Krishna mantra then the image of Lord Rama keeps appearing in my head which makes me feel assertive, which I don't like).

I wanted to ask you two questions...

#1. Why did you not like Shree Raama appearing in your mind?

#2. When Shree Raama and Shree Krishna are the different forms of Shreeman Naaraayan what is wrong if you see Shree Raama instead of Shree Krishna?

A portion of your post is similar to the challenge I faced earlier in my life. Irrespective of the temple I visited, I use to say loudly Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu. I have done this in a Shiva temple located in an area where Shavites are majority.

My actions have had irritated the devotees and priest. I was feeling guilty as well.

In one of discussion in HDF understood that there is nothing wrong in my behavior nor I have to change. So if you see Shree Raama while you are reciting Shree Krishna's name, I don't see any reason to change the effect. In fact, I would suggest you not to disturb your natural flow.

Where can I find material about Nimbarka in English?

Following links may be of some use to you...

http://nimbark.org/shri-nimbarka-sampradaya/
http://www.golokdham.org/sampradaya.html
http://www.sanatansociety.org/yoga_and_meditation/nimbarka_philosophy.htm#.Ul77RVCmgSU

Books ...
http://www.exoticindiaart.com/book/details/nimbarka-philosophical-tradition-IDG818/

brahma jijnasa
16 October 2013, 05:00 PM
Namaste Cosinuskurve

Who told you that only the experienced can worship Sri Radha? Everyone can do it, not only experienced people. Gaudiya Vaishnavas don't think that only experienced can worship Sri Radha! However you should not worship Sri Radha alone, but together with Lord Krishna.

To made up a mantra is not good thing to do. It is good to recite only existing mantras. Radhe Krishna ... Radhe Shyam is good only if it is existing mantra or song.

regards

Cosinuskurve
17 October 2013, 12:45 AM
#1. Why did you not like Shree Raama appearing in your mind?

#2. When Shree Raama and Shree Krishna are the different forms of Shreeman Naaraayan what is wrong if you see Shree Raama instead of Shree Krishna?Shree Rama to me seems a "man"/God of exemplary fulfillment of duties. I'm afraid of not fulfulling high standards as Rama seems to embody for me.

Cosinuskurve
17 October 2013, 12:51 AM
Namaste Cosinuskurve

To made up a mantra is not good thing to do. It is good to recite only existing mantras. Radhe Krishna ... Radhe Shyam is good only if it is existing mantra or song.

regards

I know but Radhe Krishna Radhe Shyam seems to come from Nimbarka's tradition.

http://sriradhabhakti.org/ - The mantra is on their website.

brahma jijnasa
17 October 2013, 09:52 AM
I know but Radhe Krishna Radhe Shyam seems to come from Nimbarka's tradition.

http://sriradhabhakti.org/ - The mantra is on their website.

Alright then.

Shree Rama to me seems a "man"/God of exemplary fulfillment of duties. I'm afraid of not fulfulling high standards as Rama seems to embody for me.

Do not worry about it. Lord Rama will be satisfied if He appears in your mind.

regards

Anirudh
17 October 2013, 11:09 AM
Namaste,

I'm afraid of not fulfilling high standards as Rama seems to embody for me.

I am curious to know why you feel so?

Amrut
17 October 2013, 11:42 AM
Shree Rama to me seems a "man"/God of exemplary fulfillment of duties. I'm afraid of not fulfulling high standards as Rama seems to embody for me.

Namaste,

Qualities of deity gets cultivated in us by chanting name of deity

By chanting name of any deity, you acquire his/her quality. It is good to follow what they ask us to or their life teaches us, but in this age, we cannot live like Rama.

By Daily and sincerely chanting name of Rama and Krishna, you will slowly gain their qualities. Hence it is better to read glories associated with him. Stutis like Rama Sahasranama or Vishnu Sahasranama, which describe their wonderful qualities and by reading about their life like in Ramayana or Mahabharata or in various puranas, slowly fills us with bliss.

Do not feel guilty

You should not feel guilty that you cannot follow ideals set by Lord Rama. Instead pray to Lord to give you sattvik qualities and give what it best for you. Then Lord will give you what suits you the best and that too that is required in living the life in this yuga.

No avatar is inferior or superior

Also do not consider any avatar of Lord Vishnu s inferior. Rama hide 2 kalA-s or 4 kalA-s because of the boon given to RAvaNa that they cannot be killed by Deva-s. The qualities were always present, but in latent form. Lord descends with qualities that are necessary to fulfill the purpose of their descent. In case of RAma, he only needed 12 kalA-s (or as some say 14 kalA-s).

I like the saying -

Everyone should live like RAma and KrushNa

In home, live like RAma, outside, live like KrushNa.

Intention behind action is more important than action itself

KrushNa taught us the intention behind any action is more important that action itself, while RAma was maryAdA purushottama. Chanakya was great e.g. applying this logic.

The name of Rama and Krishna, the holy mantra Hare RAma RAma RAma ... is found in KAli Santarana Upanishad, one of the 108 upanishads mentioned in Muktika Upanishad

It says that the tatva Jnana is hidden. Best way in Kali Yuga is to chant the holy names. It gives 4 kinds of mukti.

Prem Bhakti

I do not know much about Radha nor am I a Vaishnava. General trend is that bhakti of Srimati RAdhA RAnI is of the highest type - Prem Bhakti. Only a purest of pure heart can actually love Lord i.e. gets attracted towards lord with the intensity as that of a lover is attracted towards another lover (it's not materialist love, passion, etc). Love is attraction, as I understand.

Dasa Bhakti - simplest says Sri Ramakrishna

Sri Ramakrishna has said that in todays age, Vatsayla BhAva is only for veera mAtA-s (Heroic mothers), hence das bhAva is the best and the simplest one for this age. When one's mind is free from the wants of worldly desires, love for God cultivates and blossoms, not before. Hence chant the name of lord as a servant, later the bhAva can be change to sakhA, or prem bhAva, after our heart and mind are purified by God's grace. Do we actually feel the pain of separation from God?

Please let the mantra and the image of whatever lord i.e. RAma come to you. Just let it flow. Have faith in God. He knows what is best for you. Simply surrender and have faith that whatever God does, does for the good of me. It suits me the best. Just be natural and flow with the name, cleanse your heart by repeating the name.

In the end, you will be naturally attracted towards any one form of God to a greater extend and another e.g. you may be attracted towards Rama than Krishna. In this case do not try to resist this attraction. Just let it be. It all happens according to one's prakruti.

Following ideals is optional and not a compulsion

Please remember, the men who live exemplary life are role models and people willingly follow in their footsteps. They are not compelled to follow. i.t. there are no do's and dont's

e.g. if we keep the highest ideal of ahimsA (non-injury) and dayA (compassion) of all living beings, then we have the e.g of the Great Lord Buddha. So ahimsA (non-injury) became the pillar of Buddhist religion. But not all can follow it. What has happened in end? most Buddhists are meat eaters. So certain rules are to be strictly followed by sanyAsins. This rule has to be followed by a Hindu SanyAsin and laymen follows it out of respect for living exemplary as much as they could. They try their best not to hurt other animals. Here there is no burden, no do's and dont's. If we keep rules that laymen cannot follow strictly, then the reaction will be reverse, as we see in Buddhists.

In short, the ideals put forth by great men, are for our encouragement and are to be willing followed and slowly cultivated. They are not the rules and not following them is not a sin. Even if it is a sin, we have ways to decree them.

Please read Ahimsa (http://www.kamakoti.org/hindudharma/part22/chap2.htm) from the book Hindu Dharma

e.g. a Brahmin has to do vaishadeva puja. This is for neutralizing sins like an ant crawls one the hot stove / burner and is burnt or some insects die while doing pounding or sweeping, some die while we put a water pot, s some insects are attracted towards moisture.To neutralize this sins committed unknowingly, this yagna has to be daily carried out.

Please know that I am not trying to stop you from chanting Radha's name.

Namo Narayana

eyeopen
20 October 2013, 10:53 AM
Hi, I just wanted to ask who is Radha?

I know whom people say she was a lover or devouty of Krishna etc.

I believe there is more meaning to this, I dont believe its the way epople think, unless you udnerstand spirtuality you cant understand Krishna radha etc I believe.

Some say Radha is a root of Goddess devine eg durga mata or parvati mata herself shati etc? Others say she is a avatar of Lakshmi mata.

the sadhu
29 October 2013, 09:45 PM
The male and female deities have commonly been placed together to represent the body(pratiki) and spirit(purusra) of the cosmic man, so in a cosmic sense they are the same God, just two aspects.

Amrut
02 November 2013, 11:44 AM
Hi, I just wanted to ask who is Radha?

I know whom people say she was a lover or devouty of Krishna etc.

I believe there is more meaning to this, I dont believe its the way epople think, unless you udnerstand spirtuality you cant understand Krishna radha etc I believe.

Some say Radha is a root of Goddess devine eg durga mata or parvati mata herself shati etc? Others say she is a avatar of Lakshmi mata.

Namaste,

Love here means attraction. Krishna Bhagavan represents PuruSa, while RAdhA rAnI represents Prakruti. Kindly note that we always say RAdhA or RAdhe or RadhA-rAnI, but never Maa RAdhA, while we always sat, Maa Sita, Maa Laxmi, Maa Parvati.

It is believed that She was Maa Laxmi. Some even consider RukmiNi devi as Avatar of Maa LAxmi, as she was married to KruShNa bhagavan.

Whatever the case, RAdhA-ji represents pure love of highest degree. Both descended to earth to teach us highest form of bhakti and love.

KruShNa means attraction.

AkarSaNama iti KruShNa

Krishna is wave of attraction

while for Shiva it is said

Sham Mangalam karoti iti Shiva

The one who is auspiciousness, bestows bliss or does good to devotees is Shiva

Krishna is called as ananda lahiri, prem lahiri and saundarya lahiri

Lahara means wave. Hence krishna is the wave of attraction, beauty and love.

Radha ji who symbolizes bhakti, is attracted, just like small magnet is attracted towards bigger magnet.

It is this attraction, which is of sattvik nature, hence pure and not out of lust, that is Radha-ji represents. Mind always dipped in love for Krishna.

In general, a devotee worships bhagavan with dAsa bhAva. dAsa means servant, bhAva means spiritual emotion. When we meet someone, we are not at once comfortable in first meeting. It takes time to come closer. We we come closer, we become friends. This is sakhA bhAva. sakhA means friend. When two people still come closer, and they become lovers, they find it impossible to stay without each other. This is prem bhAva. Prem means love. Each bhAva is in increasing intensity w.r.t to former. Then there is vAtsayla bhAva. vAtsalya means love of father and mother towards child. Here too there is no fear for Bhagavan.

Hence the force of attraction which RAdhA-ji symbolizes is of highest intensity. When bhakta's bhakti matures, he will loose all interest in worldly affairs. All his activities will be centered towards his ishTa devata. When one matures, his chest swells, his heart vibrates with love and eyes overflow with devotion by mere chanting of beloved God, whom he values over everything including himself. Later, he will find it impossible to even remain separate from God, even for a moment. He wants the presence of God each and every second. Technically, RAdhA-ji is all Krishna within. She may not feel her own existence too, as she is always dipped in the thought for Krishna.

Hence, IMHO, RAdhA-ji teaches us highest form of bhakti. The intensity of force of attraction and hence love, devotion and surrender are developed in his full glory.

There is also another way to look at this relationship. For female devotees, They can think of Krishna and only Krishna as their husband and have surrendered fully to him and entirely depends upon him. Meera bAi was one such example.

I am not a GaudiyA Vaishnava. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As I have connected Bhagavan Shiva, let me say a few words for him.

Shiva is sankalp shakti or icchA shakti, vidyA shakti and kriyA shakti

shakti means power
sankalp or icchA means power of thought or desire. It is generally taken as power of thought
vidyA means knowledge
kriyA means action or to work or to act.

First you think of an objective, then you should know how to fulfil your objective and then you should also have ability to fulfil your objective i.e, you should work for fulfil your objective.

Hari OM

hinduism♥krishna
02 November 2013, 01:31 PM
Namaste,

Radha ! The most complex character for me ! Some say she was avatar of laxmi. Some say she is the original Prakriti herself. Some say she is an imaginative character. Some say she was among gopis and me too :)
I consider all gopis including radha were topmost devotees. Even though their worship was not vedic, they attained bramhan through bhakti. This is the impact of association with shri Krishna who is himself formless, imperishable bramhan, yet he appeared in form through his maya . See how great bramhan is !

I always think how this is possible ! I can't imagine his greatness . My mind doesn't go beyond Krishna's form . He is the most mysterious and I know what i am going to find is he only.

Radha? Should be worshipped or not ? Probably no. The vedic scriptures are very clear on what is to be worshipped . But you can worship her. The only thing is that wouldn't be a vedic way .

When I say Krishna, always the next word is rukmini !

Hare Krishna !

Anirudh
02 November 2013, 03:00 PM
Rama hide 2 kalA-s or 4 kalA-s because of the boon given to RAvaNa that they cannot be killed by Deva-s. The qualities were always present, but in latent form. Lord descends with qualities that are necessary to fulfill the purpose of their descent. In case of RAma, he only needed 12 kalA-s (or as some say 14 kalA-s).

Namaste Amrut,

Can you explain this in detail. What are you referring to by saying 'KalA'

Anima Deorum
02 November 2013, 08:24 PM
Yes.:)

Amrut
03 November 2013, 04:38 AM
Namaste Amrut,

Can you explain this in detail. What are you referring to by saying 'KalA'

kalA-s are

Krishna Avatara, with all 16 Kalas (Poorna Avatara):

1) Anna Maya (with cereals)
2) Pranamaya (with breath)
3) Mano Maya (with mind)
4) Vigyanamaya (with knowledge)
5) Anandamaya (with joy)
6) Atishayini (With Peace)
7) Viparinabhini (With Love)
8) Sankramini (With Creator)
9) Prabhavi (Kartum Akartum, that is able to do seemingly impossible tasks)
10) Kunthini (meaning ?)
11) Vikasini (विकासिन् vikasin adj. great )
12) Maryadini (highly respected or with etiquette)
13) Sanhaladini (संह्लादिन् saMhlAdin adj. cheering, a source of happiness)
14) Ahladini (आह्लादिन् AhlAdin adj. causing joy or delight)
15) Paripurna (complete knowledge of all forms of awakening)
16) Swarupavasthitha (swarup + awasthith = established in his real true self)

source (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121003035250AAbkFU7)

RAma had 14 kalA-s. i.e. Vishnu descended as RAmavatAra with 14 kalA-s. KalA-s are siddhis in the language of Yogis. This is because of the boon received by RAvaNa that no God could kill him. Only Human would be able to kill him. If Sri RAma had all 16 kalA-s then he would not remain human (maryAdA puruShSottama), as with 16 kalA-s one has ascended to the highest plane (even from yoga point of view).

In general, a human can master or achieve 5 siddhis, some may achieve 8 or 9 siddhis, but not any further. Only humans with deva-anSa or some avatars can master more than 9 kalA-s.

We have an example of Maha avatar Babaji (Mahavtar Babaji), who is great Kriya Yogi, who has conquered death and has transformed his entire body into light. In one book, written by Neelkanthan titled 'The Voice of Babaji', Babaji's words are quoted as saying, 'Shiva never made me 17 and so you will not be 52'.

After saying this Babaji kissed forehead of Neelkanthan, who was very sick and it is said that his body did not aged any further. Babaji's body stopped aging after 16 years, due to his intense tapas. Some yogis have control over panch mahAbhuta-s. Attainment of some siddhas can empower a yogi to change his physical form, as in case of some siddhas who reside in AruNAchala Parvata, where Sri Ramana Maharshi lived most of his years. They have master many siddhis and Sri Ramana Maharshi said that there are saints, present today, who can give boons or curse, and roam hidden in holy mountain. They have become Shiva-SvarUpa and are even capable of giving vardAna.

16 kalA-s may also be connected with 16 rays of light. I do not have much info, hence I cannot explain you more.

In case of Rama and Krishna, some say that it is a process of evolution, if you compare all incarnations in chronological order, with Krishna as the last. ( don't know about later avatars). This order is true from both spiritual evaluation and mastery and in scientific evaluation, like fish avatar, boar avatar, then human, etc.

Jai Shri Rama

Amrut
03 November 2013, 05:37 AM
Namaste Anirudh ji

I found below link useful in explaining kalA-s

http://yespluspurulia.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/lord-shri-krishna-16-kalas/

Jai Shri Ram

hinduism♥krishna
03 November 2013, 08:33 AM
kalA-s are

Krishna Avatara, with all 16 Kalas (Poorna Avatara):

1) Anna Maya (with cereals)
2) Pranamaya (with breath)
3) Mano Maya (with mind)
4) Vigyanamaya (with knowledge)
5) Anandamaya (with joy)
6) Atishayini (With Peace)
7) Viparinabhini (With Love)
8) Sankramini (With Creator)
9) Prabhavi (Kartum Akartum, that is able to do seemingly impossible tasks)
10) Kunthini (meaning ?)
11) Vikasini (विकासिन् vikasin adj. great )
12) Maryadini (highly respected or with etiquette)
13) Sanhaladini (संह्लादिन् saMhlAdin adj. cheering, a source of happiness)
14) Ahladini (आह्लादिन् AhlAdin adj. causing joy or delight)
15) Paripurna (complete knowledge of all forms of awakening)
16) Swarupavasthitha (swarup + awasthith = established in his real true self)

source (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121003035250AAbkFU7)

RAma had 14 kalA-s. i.e. Vishnu descended as RAmavatAra with 14 kalA-s. KalA-s are siddhis in the language of Yogis. This is because of the boon received by RAvaNa that no God could kill him. Only Human would be able to kill him. If Sri RAma had all 16 kalA-s then he would not remain human (maryAdA puruShSottama), as with 16 kalA-s one has ascended to the highest plane (even from yoga point of view).

In general, a human can master or achieve 5 siddhis, some may achieve 8 or 9 siddhis, but not any further. Only humans with deva-anSa or some avatars can master more than 9 kalA-s.

We have an example of Maha avatar Babaji (Mahavtar Babaji), who is great Kriya Yogi, who has conquered death and has transformed his entire body into light. In one book, written by Neelkanthan titled 'The Voice of Babaji', Babaji's words are quoted as saying, Shiva never made me 17 and so you will not be 52'.

After saying this Babaji killed forehead of Neelkanthan, who was very sick and it is said that his body did not aged any further. Babaji's body stopped aging after 16 years, due to his intense tapas. Some yogis have control over panch mahAbhuta-s. Some siddhas can change their physical form, as in case of some siddhas who reside in AruNAchala Parvata, where Sri Ramana Maharshi lived most of his years. They have master many siddis and Sri Ramana Maharshi said that there are saints, present today, who can give boons or curse, and roam hidden in holy mountain. They have become Shiva-SvarUpa and are even capable of giving vardAna.

16 kalA-s may also be connected with 16 rays of light. I do not have much info, hence I cannot explain you more.

In case of Rama and Krishna, some say that it is a process of evolution, if you compare all incarnations in chronological order, with Krishna as the last. don't know about later avatars. This order is true from both spiritual evaluation and mastery and in scientific evaluation, like fish avatar, boar avatar, then human, etc.

Jai Shri Rama
Thank you for such info . It means Vishnu takes avatara as Krishna with 16 kalas . I would like to know scriptural source of this?

because vishnu is too small before krishna. who can give birth to millions of Vishnu.

The author of that blog is very ignorant who differentiates between Vishnu and Krishna.

hare Krishna.

jignyAsu
03 November 2013, 10:38 AM
I consider all gopis including radha were topmost devotees. Even though their worship was not vedic, they attained bramhan through bhakti.

Namaste,

What makes you think that their worship was not Vedic? As a wife/mother/daughter they used to follow the Vedic dharma only. Their relationship with Krishna was the relation b/w a jivAtma and a ParamAtma, beyond bodily concepts. Highest form of surrender to Lord Krishna/Vishnu is the essence of Vedic dharma a/c to all Vaishnavas and not contrary to that.

Sukha maharishi Himself does not say that their worship is non-Vedic but clarifies it to King Parikshit for our sake.

Amrut
03 November 2013, 10:50 AM
Thank you for such info . It means Vishnu takes avatara as Krishna with 16 kalas . I would like to know scriptural source of this?

The author of that blog is very ignorant who differentiates between Vishnu and Krishna.

hare Krishna.

Namaste,

I do not have the exact source. But it is widely known. Some refer to SB 1.3.28. The problem in searching kalaa is it is spelled similar to kaala.

There is a book written by Swami Sivananda of Divine life society

http://www.dlshq.org/download/lordkrishna.htm

pdf version

http://www.dlshq.org/download/lordkrishna.pdf

some ref

http://vahini.org/Discourses/d7-bhagavatam.html

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help in this regard.

EDIT: I feel this is more connected with Yoga darshan or any other Yoga shastras
Hari OM

Amrut
03 November 2013, 10:57 AM
Namaste,

What makes you think that their worship was not Vedic? As a wife/mother/daughter they used to follow the Vedic dharma only. Their relationship with Krishna was the relation b/w a jivAtma and a ParamAtma, beyond bodily concepts. Highest form of surrender to Lord Krishna/Vishnu is the essence of Vedic dharma a/c to all Vaishnavas and not contrary to that.

Sukha maharishi Himself does not say that their worship is non-Vedic but clarifies it to King Parikshit for our sake.

Namaste,

I also feel that the path is not non-vedic. Specially when you take esoteric meaning.

Even if we take literal meaning, the total surrender of Gopi-s and the act of rescuing by the Lord from a demon.

I think it is very simple path, which anyone can follow.

P.S. Please correct me if my posts does not give proper info.

Happy Diwali :)

Jai Shri Krishna

Amrut
03 November 2013, 11:13 AM
Namaste,

I found an article on Shiva Samhita, which describes different kalAs w.r.t. nAdI-s and chakra-s

The text does not define all 16 kalA-s

http://archive.org/stream/SivaSamhita/SivaSamhita_djvu.txt

148. In the sinus of the forehead there is the nectar-containing moon, having sixteen digits (kalas, i.e, full). Let him contemplate on this stainless one. By constant practice, he sees it in three days. By merely seeing it, the practitioner burns all his sins.

I hope this is helpful and members do not mind quoting Shiva Samhita in Vaishnava sub-forum.

Jai Shri Krishna

Anirudh
04 November 2013, 10:11 PM
Namaste Amrut ji,

I was occupied with celebrations hence couldn't reply to you. Thanks for sharing the information.

Anything new I read about my friend Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu takes me towards prosperity. I need to do an introspection and figure out my current state in comparison to what a human can achieve.

Amrut
05 November 2013, 02:17 AM
Namaste Amrut ji,

Anything new I read about my friend Shree Raama Chandra Prabhu takes me towards prosperity. I need to do an introspection and figure out my current state in comparison to what a human can achieve.

Namaste Anirudh ji,

In spiritual progress, the success depends upon faith, devotion and surrender. More the faith, devotion and surrender, more is the success.

There is nothing that Rama or Krishna cannot give us, so if we do not get something that we want, then either there is something wrong in our devotion or that our demands are purposefully not fulfilled as they may clash with our primary motive to be at the lotus feet of Lord. If attaining lotus feet of Lord is the goal, then our worldly desires and expectations may not be fulfilled.

Jai Shri Rama

Anirudh
07 November 2013, 11:43 PM
Namaste IS Amrut ji

There is nothing that Rama or Krishna cannot give us, so if we do not get something that we want, then either there is something wrong in our devotion or that our demands are purposefully not fulfilled as they may clash with our primary motive to be at the lotus feet of Lord.

Thanks for sharing your views. It is true that there is nothing Shreeman Naaraayan can't give. I have left to his discretion to decide my destiny. But I don't stop myself from trying to achieve what I believe as good for me.

Abhishek Born Again
03 June 2014, 02:27 AM
Namaskar,
I don't know much on this topic but I would certainly share my views.First of all,as much as I know Radha was the incarnation of Shri Maha Lakshmi in the Dwapara Yuga.So worshipping her is like Worshipping Maha Lakshmi.Moreover,Shri Krishna himself gave a boon to Radha that her name will always come before him and that's why we all chant "Radhey Krishna".Also as I know,without Radha Rani's Kripa one can't reach Shri Krishna.As it is said in one song-

"Radha Shakti Bina Na Koi,
Shyamal Darshan Paave,
Shyamal Darshan Paave."

It means without Radha's power no one can get the glimpse of Shri Krishna.So I think worshipping Maa Radhey Rani is similar to devoting oneself to Shri Krishna.

Dhanyavad