PDA

View Full Version : Site Theme

satay
12 April 2006, 09:17 AM
namaste,
As you can see, the color theme of the site has changed to the color scheme that was voted the best previously in a poll here.

Please give me your opinion on the new colors. If you see any missing image links or odd color match with the previous color scheme please report it to me.

Thank you.
satay

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 09:26 AM
i like it but i think this burgundy color is too dark. nowhere near saffron.

Eternal Law
12 April 2006, 09:28 AM
It's looking nice but can be improved further. I too think this burgundy color is little dark.

satay
12 April 2006, 09:51 AM
yes, that's what I thought too...I will try with a lighter shade for the table top and bottom. But the buttons and everything else like background, form background etc. look ok. eh?

satay

Arjuna
12 April 2006, 10:25 AM
Personally i liked blue, and this color doesn't seem nice to me.
But up to U guys... :)

satay
12 April 2006, 11:13 AM
Personally i liked blue, and this color doesn't seem nice to me.
But up to U guys... :)

I know actually blue is very soothing to the eye but the problem is that 'that' blue is the default template of the software so many sites that use the same software have the same blue look. We wanted to give our forums a distinct look.

Probably it will take a few days to get used to this new look. :)

Singhi Kaya
12 April 2006, 11:17 AM
I know actually blue is very soothing to the eye but the problem is ...
satay

Who takes the liability of me loosing my eye-sight due to continously reading and posting in this green-burgundy coloured forum?

satay
12 April 2006, 11:18 AM
Who takes the liability of me loosing my eye-sight due to continously reading and posting in this green-burgundy coloured forum?

the head that those eyes are connected to!

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 04:31 PM
lol satay good one.

how big deal is to change colors ? you re do all the stuff or u just change the options of color and it changes the color ?

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 04:32 PM
i thought we are putting saffron. this color is used in south indian temple walls.

sarabhanga
12 April 2006, 11:14 PM
Namaste,
I also prefer the original blue. Perhaps the green against red is a bit too much color contrast. And the new posts, thread closed, etc. buttons are not so clear now. We can have various templates that individual users can select for their own viewing, but we do need to settle on a default that everyone sees when they first come to the forum.

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 11:18 PM
Sarabhanga, where is the option to change the template for our login ?

sarabhanga
12 April 2006, 11:25 PM
Since no alternative templates have been defined, the option is not yet available.

Namo Narayana
12 April 2006, 11:28 PM
so would satay fill it up so that user can change at will ? if it is there. where would the template changing option exist ?

anewa
08 May 2006, 12:34 PM
hey satay how about the color salmon pink the color of unconditional LOVE? i feel it will go well with the new heading.namaste anewa:)