PDA

View Full Version : Walking With Mukunda - A Blog

ameyAtmA
08 December 2013, 11:59 PM
Namaste

Introducing a new blog: http://walkwithmukunda.blogspot.in/

Invitation to walk with Shri KRshNa, the Supreme Lord of the universes, the Absolute Truth, the cause of all causes, to discover Your Self. Whether your goal is advaita - oneness with Bramhan' OR living with Bramhan' in devotion, this blog is for you.

praNAm

ameyAtmA
21 December 2013, 06:08 AM
Dear Walkers,

For those who are walking with or want to newly walk with Mukunda (Shri KRshNa) on this blog, we have finished "paving the preliminary grounds" and have begun a parellel journey of KRshNa KathA :
A] Bhagvad Gita B] BhAgvat PurAN.
(Some of you have already expressed interest).

This journey uses simple language and focuses only on what ultimately matters to us to stop the cycle of birth and death and see the Truth as our true nature full of bliss and joy. i.e. saar (essence). [Developing devotion towards that Mukunda is an inherent part of this beautiful journey].

It is not about elaborate commentaries on shlokas (verses) - the AchArya of various paramparA have done that. We just learn and move. So, the serious walkers are recommended to visit the blog daily, not miss a post, (as there is a sequence), and read the relevant chapter of Bhagvad Gita as appropriate.

The authors/translations being followed are mentioned in the preliminary posts (geetapress.org). Easy to acquire hard copies.

See you on the walk :)

Believer
26 December 2013, 09:27 AM
Namaste,

Thank you for the link and for the blog. I am sure it is a great source of spiritual knowledge for many. The only suggestion I have is to provide some background (brief bio) of the author(s). That sort of information adds to the credibility of the blog contents and helps draw people's attention to the newly minted commentaries. The information, 'The authors/translations being followed are mentioned in the preliminary posts (geetapress.org)', does not lead me anywhere.

Pranam.

ameyAtmA
27 December 2013, 07:01 AM
duplicate draft-post

ameyAtmA
27 December 2013, 07:36 AM
Thank You Believer, for the suggestions and feedback.

It would be best for the visitors to first read the profile of the blog author -- by pointing the mouse on the rightmost edge, the vertical sidebar-menu will pop up, it has an "About Me" entry. The other option is for blogger users to read profile on blogger . It includes the blog author' s story of walking with Kṛṣṇa .

Regarding the books followed, I can elaborate without going into philosophies . Geeta Press translations are bhāvārtha (meaningful explanations), precise and loyal to the sanskṛt shloka.
It is a combined effort of uttam jnani bhāgvat (elevated jñānis and devotees) -- Rāmsukhdās ji, LakshmaNbhāi ji Poddār , and the devotional experience of rādhā-bābā, a prior advaita vedāntist who developed rādhā bhāv.

The blog author ' s personal experience with Shri Hari (Kṛṣṇa) was independant of this, but later discovered this panel while researching several traditions and philosophies over the years on the 'walk' .

When personal experience/realization finally fit into shāstra (scripture) hand - in - glove, the conclusion was as follows:

The unanimous message of vedopanishad, vedānta-sūtra (a.k.a. bramha-sūtra), bhagvad gītā and bhāgvat mahāpurāN (which happens to be VedVyās ' s own commentary on his vedānta sūtra), is Hari (KRshNa) bhakti and advaita. Yes, both :)

Therefore, the Gītā Press translations are chosen as the best-fit references. On the blog however, we discuss a lot more than the scriptural verses, more hands-on, how-to, connecting the dots, although never going outside the scriptural radius .

Following your advice, I shall fit this info in the early posts (What is Bramhan'?) that first refer to "Reference Books" . Thanks!
Look forward to more feedbacks and suggestions either here or via PM or on the blog itself. There should not be any problems for non-blogger- users to write comments . I won't moderate them :)

praṇām

Believer
27 December 2013, 11:15 AM
Namaste,

I am trying hard to enable you to connect with an average reader. Consider the following,

'The idea of this blog is........'
It has nothing to do with the author's bio.

'Story of the blog-author: Beloved Prāṇanāth was watching her for years while she walked aimlessly......'
This is a story which makes sense only to the writer. I have no clue what is being expressed.

It should not be hard to organize one's thought in a fashion in which it conveys something to the listener/reader, unless that is not the intent. Sharing of thoughts and realizations is great, but it must be done in a fashion in which one can take others along on the journey/path. If the narrative is self-fulfilling, then it is not sharing, it is just a documentation of one's own feelings/experiences and the blog should not be advertised.

We must realize that there are literally millions of blogs/commentaries on the Hindu scriptures. Readers have to be told why should they invest their time in reading yet another blog/commentary. And it should be focused and done in plain English, not in secret codes known only to the presenter.

Pranam.

ameyAtmA
29 December 2013, 12:27 AM
I appreciate your effort to help. Thank You.

It is simple. "The idea of this blog" (intent, purpose, approach, angle) is very important and has to go before the bio of the author. This purpose or approach cannot go in "a" post, even first post, because posts get burried in archives at some point.

So, the about me is the only place to put it, moreover it tells the reader why they should read -- because the approach is very different from sAmpradAyic detailed commentaries and proofs of philosophies (already researched by the blog author).

This blog connects with KrshNa the Person through His direct words, and direct verses from core scripture - upanishad, bhagvat gita, bhagvat puran (and bramha sutra if you will). Devotion to Shri KRshNa and advaita -- One pure consciousness that is free of any ahamkar, designation, identifier, is the conclusion of shastra.

KRshNa is very clear in His Words, we don't have to add any layers on His message.

There is no affiliation with any sampradaya. Just the mainstream scripture verses.
And KRshNa with Whom one has to connect. No added theories, literature nothing. No layers.

The message is : Talk to Shri KRshNa. Open your heart to Him. Let Him be your companion, witness and guide, not just passive witness. Take his words seriously. Don't treat them like print in a book. They are there to be "worn" or put into practice (AtmasAt), and not just used for intellectual understanding.

---
By the way, only 1200 words are allowed. If by bio you mean qualification, then the qualification of the author is that they have been guided by Shri KRshNa Himself. (You are calling someone subconsciously, but you don't know who that is, and you don't actually expect that someone to turn up, but Kṛṣṇa actually turns up! You were not expecting this! )

Previously, the only hint given was
"been there done that" -- implying, "author has walked / walks with Mukunda to discover and realize... something" but it was not explicitly stated in so many words.

It is not so hard to understand this. Of course you need some faith - that a devotee can actually be guided by KRshNa.