PDA

View Full Version : Bhagvad GItA Jayanti Today

ameyAtmA
13 December 2013, 04:40 AM
Namaste

Today is/was GItA JayantI - the advent of the Bhagvad GitA, the song of BhagvAn NArAyaNa, Shri KRshNa.

Also happens to be mokshadA ekAdashi = the ekAdashi (11th lunar day) that gives moksha.

A wonderful day for GitA PArAyaN (preferably non-stop sankskRt recitation) of all 18 chapters with utmost faitḥ.
Those who haven't done the pArAyaN yet, it is not too late to start, whether it hasn't dawned yet in your part of the world, or late-āfternoon closer to sunseṭ :)
Not so sure about the Australianṣ...

What to speak of giving that GItAkAra, GItAchArya, that Kamalnayana BhagvAn HRshikesha PArthasArthI Achyuta MAdhava Govinda KEshava Shri KRshNa a nice panchAmRt abhishek...

SonAnthony
13 December 2013, 02:55 PM
Namaste

Those who haven't done the pArAyaN yet, it is not too late to start, whether it hasn't dawned yet in your part of the world, or late-āfternoon closer to sunseṭ :)

What is this and how can I do it?

Sorry, I'm new to Krishna consciousness

ameyAtmA
18 December 2013, 11:13 PM
What is this and how can I do it?

Sorry, I'm new to Krishna consciousness
Wonderful. Every year around an ekadashi in December, is GItA JayantI - the appearance of Bhagvad GItA i.e. the day on which Shri KRshNa sang it to Arjun on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.

PArAyaN means reading-reciting the entire Bhagavad GItA - all 18 chapters. You will find more details on my blog - see link in signature. It is the recent post titled (Bhagvad Gita Jayanti...).

SonAnthony, since you mention Krishna consciousness, many ISKCON Temples hold pArAyaN on this day. See if your nearest temple does this, so next year even you can volunteer to participate in the pArAyaN :) Devotees sign up in advance saying - I shall read the shlokas from 10 am to 11 am on the Jayanti. If you are not comfortable with reading the sanskrit and translation, then you can mention I shall only read the translation.

This can be an impetus to get a hang of Bhagvad GitA before the Jayanti next year :)

haribol