PDA

View Full Version : Namaste

Padma
27 December 2013, 09:15 AM
Namaste, dear HDF members :)
Thank you to the moderators for adding me.
A quick info about my person: I'm a married mother of one son, I am 36 years old, I live in England since 7 years but am native German.
I grew up in a non-religious parental household, but have always been very much spiritually inclined from as early as I can remember.
I have been a devotee of Mother Shakti since teenage years (however unaware of the Shaktam context at the time), but have since explored and studied comparative religions (and tried on a few for size).
Religious philosophy and study of comparative religion is my passion and obsession, however I'm well aware that that is not the same as being a spiritual / religious person.
I identify as Shakta Hindu since a year. I realize that despite my religious studies, I have only just started to scratch the very tip of the iceberg that is the beautiful wealth of Sanatan Dharma (which both endlessly fascinates and slightly frustrates me ;) ).
I'm here to learn together with like-minded and friendly people.
Thanks for reading.
Best wishes,
Padma

Believer
27 December 2013, 12:04 PM
Namaste Padma,

Welcome to the forum.

.....I have only just started to scratch the very tip of the iceberg that is the beautiful wealth of Sanatan Dharma (which both endlessly fascinates and slightly frustrates me ;) ).
You are not alone. Many born Hindus feel the same way. :)

Pranam.

isavasya
27 December 2013, 12:59 PM
Namaskar Dear Padma ji

Swagatam. Welcome to the forums. It is great to know that you are a shakta, a path which I have no knowledge about, but a lot of desire to learn the basics of. I wish you have a great time here.

c.smith
27 December 2013, 01:12 PM
Hari Om!

A most warm welcome.

Om

Eastern Mind
27 December 2013, 02:29 PM
Vannakkam Padma, and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay is rewarding.

Aum Namasivaya

govind_das
27 December 2013, 03:29 PM
Namaste, and welcome to the forum. Like you, I too have wandered thru various religions and "tried a few on for size" before settling on Sanatana Dharma. I've always been drawn to Krishna even when I wasn't a Hindu (I once bought an 11 x 14 inch picture of Krishna, even though I was a Christian at the time).

JaiMaaDurga
27 December 2013, 09:32 PM
Namaste Padma,

It is always a pleasure to welcome a fellow Shakta to HDF :)

May you find your time here beneficial.

JAI MATA DI

Padma
28 December 2013, 11:17 AM
Pranam,
Thank you for the kind welcome :)

Namaste JaiMaaDurga - yes, it is lovely for me, too, to find a fellow Shakta. Jai Ambe!
(Sri Durga is my son's ishta btw :) - mine is Sri Lakshmi)

Blessings to you all,

Padma

Alter ego
30 December 2013, 12:33 AM
Hi Namaste

Anima Deorum
05 January 2014, 09:38 PM
Namaste and welcome.

Jay Mata Di.